PDA

View Full Version : Who you rooting for?

arkimadee
10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I really don't care who does what the rest of the way but I guess if I have to pull for anyone it's the Texas Rangers. I went to a game in Arlington this year and I have to say I was impressed with the hospitality I received and felt how hungry their fanbase is for a winner. A top notch ballpark in a great area that had up until this point had never won a playoff series. I'm not a big fan of the AL but I think I will make an exception for the Rangers the rest of the way.

aldotcs
10-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm not really pulling for anyone, but I did think the Rangers were very thoughtful to Josh Hamilton by celebrating with ginger ale and not champagne. For that, I would nudge their way.

Vottomatic
10-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Texas or San Fran.

Anyone but the Yanks, and I'm sick of the Phillies too.

Hustleman
10-15-2010, 08:53 PM
nobody really

mattfeet
10-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Anyone playing the Yankees.

-Matt

mlh1981
10-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Texas, but after last night, they are probably mentally done.

So......gonna root for the Giants, probably. It would piss me off a great deal if the Phillies of Yankees pulled it off.

texasdave
10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Anyone but the Yankees.

PedroBourbon
10-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Anyone but the Yankees.

Ditto. I'm so sick of them and their endless payroll

arkimadee
10-16-2010, 02:55 PM
As much as I hate the Yankees, I have to admit that the playoffs are not as interesting when they are not in it. I honestly think its good for baseball when they are in contention because they are hated by so many it makes people interested in watching them lose.

Natty Redlocks
10-16-2010, 09:37 PM
It's pretty irritating seeing the Giants get to Halladay. Why wasn't he this ordinary against the Reds?

They never shoulda let Cody Ross get away.

Kingspoint
10-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Phillies.

If I'm going to lose, I'd rather know I lost to someone that no one else could beat, either.

GBC Red
10-17-2010, 01:11 AM
I am rooting for a Rangers and Giants world series. I like the Rangers because of Hamilton, but I also like the Giants because of Brian Wilson. Dude is crazy.

DocRed
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Giants and Rangers I guess....

SullyGator
10-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Texas. Always had a soft spot for them. Not sure why, but I have. If not them, then the Giants... I think.

bounty37h
10-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Kinda moving on after Reds finished, its football season now. I would like the Rangers though for Hamilton. Other then that I dont care, my baseball fix right now is waiting for spring training and another exciting year!

Hey Meat
10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
I can't root for anyone else other than the Reds. But since I live in Texas I would like to see the rangers do well, but I am not really rooting for them and jumping up and hooting and hollering at the TV like I do my Reds.

CrosleyField
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Just hope the Phillies lose.

New York Red
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I have a lot of friends, neighbors, etc., who are Yankee fans, but I just can't make myself pull for them. I did like the Phillies before visiting their message board prior to our postseason series with them. No way I'm rooting for the team those idiots root for. So I guess I need to see a Giants/Rangers World Series, and at that point I don't honestly care who wins.

Girevik
10-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I've never liked the Yankees at ALL, but this summer we visited some relatives in NYC and they took my and my boys to a Yankees game. Because of that, they are kind of liking the Yankees. So, do I make myself happy and root against my hated Yanks, or pull for them to make my boys happy?

Oh, the tribulations of fatherhood.

aldotcs
10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
I've never liked the Yankees at ALL, but this summer we visited some relatives in NYC and they took my and my boys to a Yankees game. Because of that, they are kind of liking the Yankees. So, do I make myself happy and root against my hated Yanks, or pull for them to make my boys happy?

Oh, the tribulations of fatherhood.

That's where I would trot out the old "agree to disagree" lesson. ;)

Jefferson24
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Josh Hamilton

BigPoppa
10-20-2010, 01:19 AM
I'd like to see a Texas-San Francisco World Series, and I'm pulling for the Rangers.

1990REDS
10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Is it bad that I'm pulling for the Yanks just because I think its better for the game? Sorry but I think a giants rangers WS would get a horrible TV rating that would really make baseball look bad.

aldotcs
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Ratings or no, the best teams who play really good playoff games make the Series. I particularly don't like the Yanks in the Series because the fans seem to expect the team to make it every year. No team should feel so assured of being in the playoffs every year. It just seems unfair. I would like to see a Giants/Rangers Series because it would be more interesting than teams that have been there/done that very often.

mlh1981
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Not worried about TV ratings. Big shot execs. losing money doesn't bother me in the least.

Caveman Techie
10-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Is it bad that I'm pulling for the Yanks just because I think its better for the game? Sorry but I think a giants rangers WS would get a horrible TV rating that would really make baseball look bad.

Short term tv ratings wise you are correct. But long-term fanbase wise it is much better to spread the post season love around. How many new fans would the Yankees get by making it to the World Series this year? My guess is not too many, they have their established fanbase and that is it.

How many new fans would the Rangers get by making it to the World Series? I think alot more than the Yankees, least thats what I think.

The longterm survival of baseball depends on creating new fans, and you can't do that if only two or three teams dominate constantly.

Trace's Daddy
10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Phillies versus Yankees in the WS would be just plain awful. I'm rooting for Texas to win it all.