PDA

View Full Version : La Russa extension likely?

fearofpopvol1
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5688345

Could this mean Rasmus is packing his bags?

Phhhl
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM
My first reaction is that I wish he would just go away. But, I am going to hate the Cardinals with or without him, and he probably did more harm than good to his team this year. When Dusty signed up for another two years here, that probably settled it. If ever team seemed in obvious need of a facelift this year it was the team that could not beat an opponent with a losing record all year long.

Mozoliak (sp) probably figures keeping this guy around is the best way to try and get Albert to sign his next deal. Their poison.

corkedbat
10-16-2010, 12:12 AM
We can only hope.

HokieRed
10-16-2010, 04:34 PM
We can only hope he goes away. He's still an excellent manager.

MattyHo4Life
10-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Mozoliak (sp) probably figures keeping this guy around is the best way to try and get Albert to sign his next deal. Their poison.

I think that's a good bet. While most Cardinals fans were hoping LaRussa would go away (some secretly and some not so secretely), Albert remains a huge LaRussa fan. I'm not a huge LaRussa fan, but I'd rather keep him if it means we have a better chance of keeping Pujols.

Jpup
10-17-2010, 03:00 AM
As long as he's not involved with the Reds, I'm happy.:thumbup:

bucksfan2
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I think that's a good bet. While most Cardinals fans were hoping LaRussa would go away (some secretly and some not so secretely), Albert remains a huge LaRussa fan. I'm not a huge LaRussa fan, but I'd rather keep him if it means we have a better chance of keeping Pujols.

Never keep a manager around because your star player wants him around. You can't let the inmates run the asylum. Albert may like Tony but if it has come time for LaRussa and the Cards to part ways its time. Winning is the ultimate elixir. If the Cards win without LaRussa you think Albert is going to be upset?

Matt700wlw
10-18-2010, 05:36 PM
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20101018&content_id=15696916&vkey=pr_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

Tony Doubleday to return...or is it Abner LaRussa?

Wheelhouse
10-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Woo hoo!

The Operator
10-18-2010, 11:15 PM
And they fired their bullpen coach, since somebody had to take blame for their miserable record down the stretch this season.

Methinks that Sir Walter was on the right side of whatever front office turmoil was going on when he was ousted.

fearofpopvol1
10-19-2010, 12:34 AM
I want to know if Rasmus is on his way out. Both La Russa and Pujols aren't big fans and both have been public about it.

MattyHo4Life
10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I want to know if Rasmus is on his way out. Both La Russa and Pujols aren't big fans and both have been public about it.

I doubt it! Jeff Luhnow is a Rasmus fan.

Screwball
10-19-2010, 09:19 PM

Wait, I missed it. What did Pujols say about Rasmus?

fearofpopvol1
10-19-2010, 10:48 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-rasmuspujols090510

MattyHo4Life
10-20-2010, 08:36 AM
And they fired their bullpen coach, since somebody had to take blame for their miserable record down the stretch this season.

Marty Mason is a good bullpen coach. The bullpen did their job in 2010. Mason was fired because he talked to Mo and criticized Luhnow and the direction the organization is taking in their minor leagues. I don't agree with the firing, but that's what happened.

MattyHo4Life
10-20-2010, 08:47 AM

I do believe that Pujols' comments were made because he thought that Rasmus recently asked for a trade. Pujols' opinion was trade him if he wants traded. Rasmus apparently asked for a trade out of anger, and probably didn't mean it. I don't think there is any animosity between Pujols and Rasmus at all.

Having said that, I don't think Rasmus has the best relationship with some of the other players by Rasmus' own admission. (towards the bottom of the page in this link). http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_ebd4167b-c5d6-5e39-9bdd-cc5afc58637b.html