PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Network for MLB?

Ron Madden
10-20-2010, 04:02 AM
I have to say that back in my day there was nothing better than MLB on NBC.

Now days we have better technology to show replays and to provide so much more analytical information to viewers.

I love the MLB Network but for obvious reasons they do not broadcast postseason games.

I hate to sound like a grump but I've been disappointed by the coverage provided by both Fox and TBS. If I had to choose between them I'd go with Fox by default.

What do you thhink?

RedFanAlways1966
10-20-2010, 06:58 AM
I vote for any network that does not use Tim McCarver as an announcer.

:devil:

Redsfan320
10-20-2010, 08:17 AM
With the exception of Brian Anderson (Reds-Phils), the TBS broadcasters (especially EJ) have been better than I thought they would be.

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are the worst broadcast team I've ever heard.

bucksfan2
10-20-2010, 08:32 AM
I vote for any network that does not use Tim McCarver as an announcer.

:devil:

I can not stand Joe Buck. There is not a more arrogant radio personality on the air than him. I despise when the play by play think they know the game better than the color commentator and the players. Joe is the worst for me.

I think Fox does a good job with all its camera angles and audio. And I do like it when Buck isn't doing a game.

For me I think Dan Schulman does the best play by play out of anyone on TV. I would love to hear Gus Johnson doing a playoff game. He would show all the emotion of a nervous fan base in calling the game.

Reds Fanatic
10-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Fox really does not do a good job on any sports. The best network to ever do baseball was NBC back when they did the game of the week.

Bob Borkowski
10-20-2010, 10:05 AM
See below :)

Bob Borkowski
10-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Fox really does not do a good job on any sports. The best network to ever do baseball was NBC back when they did the game of the week.

:thumbup:

bucksfan2
10-20-2010, 11:43 AM

In my book Bob Costas is the best in the business. He is smooth in his broadcast, knows his stuff, and realizes that the story is about the event going on not himself.

Redsfan320
10-20-2010, 11:47 AM
In my book Bob Costas is the best in the business. He is smooth in his broadcast, knows his stuff, and realizes that the story is about the event going on not himself.

Gotta disagree here. He annoys me. Greatly. He broadcasts so many sports, yet seems to know a lot about none of them.

Reds Fanatic
10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Gotta disagree here. He annoys me. Greatly. He broadcasts so many sports, yet seems to know a lot about none of them.

Costas does a really good job at baseball play by play. I think he is far better at that than anything else he does. I think he bascially stays with NBC for the Olympics. But someday I could see him doing what Dick Enberg did and leave the network to go back to broadcasting baseball every day for some team.

OnBaseMachine
10-20-2010, 11:52 AM

Agreed. I love listening to Bob Costas.

cumberlandreds
10-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Costas is one of the best. It's a shame we can't hear him during the post season. I've liked TBS coverage. The crew they have for the ALCS is very good.
As for FOX I will never like any games that are covered by Buck and McCarver. McCarver talks down to his audience. He assumes that everyone is a baseball novice and has to talk to them that way. Buck has self admitted in the past that he doesn't care for baseball. Why MLB allows him to broadcast is beyond me. They need to use their power to get FOX to have someone,anyone else do the PBP. Like a few others have said, NBC did the best of all the networks. I wish they would be interested in getting back the post season from FOX. But I doubt they will since they have sunk most of their dollars into the Olympics.

Chip R
10-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Costas is probably the best of a bad bunch. However, I liked him better back in the 80s when he was just starting with NBC and didn't take himself as seriously as he does now.

MrCinatit
10-20-2010, 01:19 PM
I miss the days when the post seasons were announced by the likes of Jack Buck, Vin Scully, Bob Costas and Al Michaels.