PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick as a career long Red???

1990REDS
10-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Completely hypothetical. Since the seasons come to an end I was just curious if you could pick one guy to spend the rest of his career in a Reds uniform, who would it be? Obviousley the majority of us would pick Votto so just for arguments sake lets take him out of the equation. Who would you pick and why.

Natty Redlocks
10-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Honestly, I would've picked Bruce over Votto as well. His ceiling is just as high, and he is a plus defender at a difficult position to fill. Plus he seems like a better candidate for a team-friendly extension. There are no pitchers on this team right now that seem like sure thing TOR guys.

Red in Atl
10-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I want them both to be career Reds. They are great friends and could be as awesome a 1-2 punch as anyone in the league...

Jack Burton
10-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Jay Bruce all the way, seems like a real stand up guy. I think we're looking at a perennial all-star w/ him.

GOBCU33
10-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Torn between Bruce and Stubbs... I went with Stubbs because a CF with his speed, defense, and especially his power doesnt come around too often (based of the hypothetical that he gets is OBP way up)

bshall2105
10-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Bruce for sure. He'll have a better season when he's 26, than Votto had this year.

Vottomatic
10-20-2010, 09:40 PM
I just hope Stubbs and Bruce pick up next season where they left off this season. If they do, it's going to be a wild ride.

Trace's Daddy
10-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Chapman - since he could become Randy Johnson-like

New York Red
10-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Wow, great poll and a tough one to pick. I'm torn between Bruce, Chapman and Stubbs. Each could very likely be a future all-star. I hope all three get to that level, but if I had to choose one ... hmmm ... I'd say Jay Bruce.

Girevik
10-21-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm torn between Bruce and Chapman. Bruce is already a weapon just because of his defense, and I think is on the cusp of becoming a top notch bat, but if you could garantee me that Chapman will live up to his potential I'd take him without even a though. Having a Randy Johnson guy at the top of your rotation for 10 years is invaluable. But will he become that guy....

bounty37h
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Completely hypothetical. Since the seasons come to an end I was just curious if you could pick one guy to spend the rest of his career in a Reds uniform, who would it be? Obviousley the majority of us would pick Votto so just for arguments sake lets take him out of the equation. Who would you pick and why.

I guess since you took Votto out I would say Bruce, simply cause I dont trust pitchers staying power to make me say career length. I know postion players can get hurt, slump, lose it too, but pitchers seem more likely to burn out or injure and not recover more. That said, I think Leake is ogign to be special and be one of those guys who can have a long, great Maddux like career.

Captain13
10-21-2010, 11:45 AM
I voted for The Missile because the Reds haven't had a career Red that is a TOR guy since Mario Soto. I would love to watch this guy throw heat for the next 5-10 years or more, and maybe bring the Cy Young to Cincy for the first time ever.

gedred69
10-21-2010, 05:48 PM
I could vote for any of these, and maybe throw Wood in as well. But, I voted Chapman, because that would mean we had a Cy Young-type Ace.

flyersbaseball
10-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I think Bruce

redsfan_12
10-21-2010, 10:35 PM
#5-4