PDA

View Full Version : 2 trades that would help next years teams needs

fewfirstchoice
10-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Reds get: Brett Gardner

Yanks get: prospects Id say 1 high level guy and 2 B level guys

Reds get: Grenike and 5 mil.

Royals get: Leake, J. Smith, Heisey, an Valaika

Thats gives Cincy a true #1 starter and a leadoff hitter to play LF. The only thing that would leave this team needing would be a power right handed bat. But ya cant solve everything in one off season.

Orodle
10-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Reds get: Brett Gardner

Yanks get: prospects Id say 1 high level guy and 2 B level guys

Reds get: Grenike and 5 mil.

Royals get: Leake, J. Smith, Heisey, an Valaika

Thats gives Cincy a true #1 starter and a leadoff hitter to play LF. The only thing that would leave this team needing would be a power right handed bat. But ya cant solve everything in one off season.

whens the last time you saw the Yanks trade for prospects?

DocRed
10-22-2010, 12:12 AM

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Why would they need prospects when they just go out and buy superstars?

BAKER12
10-22-2010, 01:28 AM
LOL I was thinking the same thing. Why would they need prospects when they just go out and buy superstars?

Alonso, Bailey, Heisey for Greinke?

scott91575
10-22-2010, 05:31 AM

The only way that works is if there is a third team involved that has something the Yanks want, and that team wants prospects.

Girevik
10-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm not totally sure about that. First of all the Yanks are getting older and might take a guy that they think could fill in for an aging guy. They also need prospects to they can pull off the deadline deals to land them the stud the poor team is trying to get rid of because they can't sign him.

I was at the Yanks game on the 4th of July with my boys and saw Gardner hit a grand slam. They'd think it was pretty cool if he became a Red.

smixsell
10-22-2010, 02:56 PM
We would be crazy to get rid of Leake. Not only is he young and cheap for now, but he is going to be the next Greg Maddux. It's a bold prediction, I am aware, but JUST WATCH people:).

PS If we had just let him pitch on regular rest until his "innings allotment" was up instead of screwing him up by giving him too much rest he would have been NL rookie of the year hands down. It seems like Dusty is just about the only manager who doesn't know that sinker/control artists are notoriously adversly affected by pitching with too much rest.

Helms1
10-22-2010, 03:06 PM
We would be crazy to get rid of Leake.

This, and Bailey, Wood, Votto, Masset, Bruce and Stubbs. All others are negotiable on the roster.