PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs. Rangers

Oxblood
10-24-2010, 02:24 AM
This is what we have for the 2010 world series. At least it proves that baseball isn't rigged, so I guess it has that going for it.

Let's all be content in knowing the MLB hasn't turned into the NBA.

improbus
10-24-2010, 10:19 AM
This is what we have for the 2010 world series. At least it proves that baseball isn't rigged, so I guess it has that going for it.

Ummm...if the NBA was fixed, the San Antonio Spurs wouldn't be 4 time NBA champions, because no one kills ratings like the Spurs.
Anyway, I am very excited about this World Series. Both of these teams are entertaining to watch, both are enthusiatic (unlike the two robot teams they beat), and both are flawed, which makes for interesting baseball. The depressing part about this as a Reds fan is that I think we could beat either one of these teams.

Maker_84
10-24-2010, 01:24 PM
The Phillies ran into a team that didn't pee down their leg when facing them lol

PedroBourbon
10-24-2010, 06:02 PM
The fact that the Phillies and Yankees DIDN'T make the world series has totally reinfused me with enthusiam for the series. I could care less about either team which actually makes it more exciting for me. I will pull a little bit for Texas because of Josh Hamilton and Nolan Ryan. I'm somewhat excited to watch for once.

Hustleman
10-24-2010, 09:44 PM
The fact that the Phillies and Yankees DIDN'T make the world series has totally reinfused me with enthusiam for the series. I could care less about either team which actually makes it more exciting for me. I will pull a little bit for Texas because of Josh Hamilton and Nolan Ryan. I'm somewhat excited to watch for once.

agreed. i would have casually checked in on a phillies/yankees WS but im legitimately intrigued by a rangers/giants matchup

arkimadee
10-24-2010, 10:09 PM
agreed. i would have casually checked in on a phillies/yankees WS but im legitimately intrigued by a rangers/giants matchup
I'm also not rooting against either team. I kind of became a fan of the Rangers organization when i visited the ballpark down there this year. I also like the makeup of the Giants and there character. Should be a fun series to watch. Both teams have fan bases that deserve a world series victory

Vottomatic
10-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Glad to have new blood in the World Series.

And hopefully I'm watching the aging demise of the Yankees and the payroll increase demise of the Phillies as they have to unload some players this offseason, which will weaken their team.

Caveman Techie
10-25-2010, 07:56 AM
This is probably the best thing that could of happened for baseball. Two teams that neither are members of the NY/Boston/LA mafia :p:

Seriously though, I posted this somewhere else too. For baseball to survive it needs to attract new fans to the game. I bet MLB will get more new fans from this SF vs Tex World Series than they ever would of from a Philly vs. NYY world series, both of those teams are very well established and their fanbase is not likely to grow. I know for TV short term it will suck for the TV network that forked over the money for the rights to broadcast the WS, but long-term this is one of the best things that could of happened to MLB.

DaytonFlyer
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
This World Series is for the hardcore baseball fans, not the casual folks.

Jack Burton
10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Unreal that the Giants are in the World Series, seems like their lineup consists of guys off the scrap heap. :confused:

gedred69
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
The only thing that would have made for a better series, would have been for one of the teams to have been the Reds. So glad to notsee a east coast team. It's gotta' be killing all the National pundits, they know so little about any team not on the Atlantic Coast:D:D

Hey Meat
10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Both teams represent the small guy in comparison with the Phils and Yanks. I like that.
S.F has a payroll of $97,828,833 and Texas $55,250,545. Even though I like the Rangers, what kind of message would this be sending not only throughout baseball, but to Americans in general in the midst of a recession? Hey, file bankruptcy and you can come out on top too.:confused:

Hey Meat
10-27-2010, 01:03 PM

How is the NBA rigged? because I don't watch it anymore. I can't stand it's ME ME ME mentality. It does have a salary cap unlike baseball so please elaborate.

Boston Red
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Even though I like the Rangers, what kind of message would this be sending not only throughout baseball, but to Americans in general in the midst of a recession? Hey, file bankruptcy and you can come out on top too.:confused:

Hicks and his group most certainly did not come out on top.

Hey Meat
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Hicks and his group most certainly did not come out on top.

I know he didn't, but they still are bankrupt. Are they not? I am not an expert by any means on this.

Boston Red
10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
The Rangers were separated from the owners who bankrupted them through the bankruptcy process. So the message is closer to this: act financially irresponsibly and you will be forcibly separated from your assets right before they do something very special (not that most assets ever really do anythig special).

Hey Meat
10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
The Rangers were separated from the owners who bankrupted them through the bankruptcy process. So the message is closer to this: act financially irresponsibly and you will be forcibly separated from your assets right before they do something very special (not that most assets ever really do anythig special).
Thanks. My original post on this at least sounded cool even though it was wrong.

bounty37h
10-27-2010, 05:24 PM
From a baseball standpoint I am def interested in this more then I would have been Phils-Yanks, I would have avoided that like Herpes. I dont have a "team" in this fight, but am prob more for Rangers cause I like and have followed Hammy since High School. And, to be honest, wouldnt mind hte Giants so they win shortly after Bonds retired and he doesnt get a ring :thumbup:

TeamSelig
10-27-2010, 05:28 PM
How is the NBA rigged? because I don't watch it anymore. I can't stand it's ME ME ME mentality. It does have a salary cap unlike baseball so please elaborate.

I think he referring to the referees who have allegedly fixed games or had strong bias towards certain teams or players.

Hey Meat
10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I think he referring to the referees who have allegedly fixed games or had strong bias towards certain teams or players.
Oh yeah, and how bout NCAA basketball refs and friggin Duke and College Football refs and the SEC?

Vottomatic
10-29-2010, 04:37 AM
It pretty much backs up the idea that pitching wins World Championships.

We have the pitching. It just needs to show up when the big time hits.

bounty37h
10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
We need the bats to come alive too when its on the line, cant be shut out. Opening game os series was legit stud vs legit stud, the team that won is the team that put the hits together. Ginats batters were locked in!

Jack Burton
10-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't know guys, this is a pretty lackluster series IMO. Maybe I've had enough baseball for the year or maybe I'm just bitter since my Reds got the boot, but I'm not super interested in this matchup. I found myself watching more of the FSU/NC St game.