PDA

View Full Version : Paid Job Posting: MLBTradeRumors looking for writers

savafan
10-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Gotta believe there are some here on Redszone that would be excellent for a gig like this:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/10/mlbtr-looking-for-writers.html

Would you like to join the MLB Trade Rumors team? We are considering adding a writer. The position pays on an hourly basis. The criteria:

* Knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration and free agent compensation.
* Writing experience is necessary and online writing experience is preferred.
* Attention to detail - absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names. Ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
* Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need the best of both worlds: quick writing with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
* Ability to use an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. Ability to use Twitter. Both of these are crucial.
* Strong evening availability - typically 5-10pm CDT shifts.
* If you're interested, email mlbtrhelp@gmail.com and take a couple paragraphs to explain how you stand out. Hundreds will likely apply, so we cannot respond to most applications.

Tornon
10-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias.

That could be a tough one

savafan
10-30-2010, 12:05 PM
That could be a tough one

I don't know, does Gallagher still post here? ;)

fearofpopvol1
10-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I think John Fay should apply.

traderumor
10-30-2010, 06:34 PM
I think John Fay should apply.It said "no discernible bias." He would only qualify if it said "no discernible ability as a sportswriter"

sonny
10-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Brutus the Pimp would probably qualify. He's got a regular gig as an actual writer doesn't he?

dougdirt
10-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Brutus the Pimp would probably qualify. He's got a regular gig as an actual writer doesn't he?

He does.

Screwball
10-31-2010, 09:05 PM
He does.

Ah, so he gets paid to argue incessantly?

Brutus
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Ah, so he gets paid to argue incessantly?

I wish I got paid based on the differences of opinions in life, but no, I do not. Fortunately, variety is the spice of life and I definitely don't mind a good debate.

I don't come to message boards for validation of opinion, nor do I expect anyone to agree. But until a message board stops being a place for discussion...

--------------

As for the question by Sonny... yes, that is true. I did send an inquiry to them about it. We'll see if anything materializes.

paintmered
10-31-2010, 09:14 PM
As for the question by Sonny... yes, that is true. I did send an inquiry to them about it. We'll see if anything materializes.

Good luck. :)

sonny
11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
I wish I got paid based on the differences of opinions in life, but no, I do not. Fortunately, variety is the spice of life and I definitely don't mind a good debate.

I don't come to message boards for validation of opinion, nor do I expect anyone to agree. But until a message board stops being a place for discussion...

--------------

Suh-weet. Keep us posted!