PDA

View Full Version : White Sox targeting Rasmus

Redsfan320
10-30-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/10/white-sox-have-targeted-colby-rasmus.html

I thought it was worthy of a thread.

Joe Strauss of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweets that the Quentin-for-Rasmus stuff has been percolating since the end of the season. One Cardinals front office type told him "Gotta do better than that."

nemesis
10-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Quentin is a guy I would love to see the Reds acquire. He has some bad BABIP luck the last couple years but managed to put up some solid numbers. He is a up and down defender which is a draw back. I would be concerned if the Cardinals acquired him.

Redsfan320
10-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I would be concerned if the Cardinals acquired him.

But if it got rid of Rasmus? I think I hope it happens.

nemesis
10-30-2010, 01:59 PM
But if it got rid of Rasmus? I think I hope it happens.

Rasmus is a good player. But Quentin has had better seasons than Rasmus has had. Going foward Rasmus might continue his growth and become the better of the two players but if Quentin came in and batted 5th with a .850 OPS 30 HR 80/90 RBI that gives the Cards a very very good 3 thru 5.

Redsfan320
10-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Rasmus is a good player. But Quentin has had better seasons than Rasmus has had. Going foward Rasmus might continue his growth and become the better of the two players but if Quentin came in and batted 5th with a .850 OPS 30 HR 80/90 RBI that gives the Cards a very very good 3 thru 5.

Well yeah, Rasmus is only gonna get better. Although yeah, that does give the Cards some much-needed short-term help.

*BaseClogger*
10-30-2010, 06:27 PM

Rasmus OPS'd .859 as a 23 year-old last season and is athletic enough to play CF. He is their Jay Bruce. Rasmus is a *MUCH* more valuable player than Quentin and his 80-90 RBIs...

muddie
10-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Rasmus OPS'd .859 as a 23 year-old last season and is athletic enough to play CF. He is their Jay Bruce. Rasmus is a *MUCH* more valuable player than Quentin and his 80-90 RBIs...

Could not agree more. Get this guy out of St. Louis and he's better. Back when Stubbs was struggling and Rasmus was in the doghouse (still is as far as I know) I thought about a straight up trade. I know you don't do same division business but I thought this one would be interesting. There are upsides and downsides to this scenerio. I know this is for another thread so I'll stop here.