PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts, the book

BCubb2003
11-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I think I can plug this here since it's about RedsZone and it benefits the site. Based on your encouragement, I collected the best of Random Thoughts into a book. It's a short book, but it's available online for $13.99. I don't intend to make any money from it, in fact, any money I get will go toward RedsZone's expenses. So if you're interested, you can have some RedsZone memorabilia, support the site, and relive Reds baseball in the postseason. I'm curious to see how this will work.

Here's the link:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/fandom/13516428

Cedric
11-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I think I can plug this here since it's about RedsZone and it benefits the site. Based on your encouragement, I collected the best of Random Thoughts into a book. It's a short book, but it's available online for $13.99. I don't intend to make any money from it, in fact, any money I get will go toward RedsZone's expenses. So if you're interested, you can have some RedsZone memorabilia, support the site, and relive Reds baseball in the postseason. I'm curious to see how this will work.

Here's the link:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/fandom/13516428

I'll be buying it and posting it on facebook. I have plenty of friends who would probably buy it.

Redsfan320
11-05-2010, 06:15 PM
:laugh:, and all this time I thought "BCubb" had something to do with the Cubs.

RFS62
11-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Excellent.

Year in and year out, the best stuff on RedsZone.

pedro
11-05-2010, 06:59 PM
That's way cool BCubb2003

kaldaniels
11-05-2010, 07:08 PM
This needs to be optioned for a movie, pronto.

Bob Borkowski
11-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Help me out here...

Does the book contain ALL of your Random Thoughts threads or are these what you consider the cream of the crop?

Also, do you give the uninformed reader a date or some kind of background info to provide a reference point?

Great idea though, Cubb. Consider me interested.

BCubb2003
11-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Help me out here...

Does the book contain ALL of your Random Thoughts threads or are these what you consider the cream of the crop?

Also, do you give the uninformed reader a date or some kind of background info to provide a reference point?

Great idea though, Cubb. Consider me interested.

It's a best of, and they're grouped according to themes. Some only a Reds fan would get, but most are easy to figure out.

I guess I should put you on the list for the complete set someday.

Bob Borkowski
11-06-2010, 02:15 PM
It's a best of, and they're grouped according to themes. Some only a Reds fan would get, but most are easy to figure out.

I guess I should put you on the list for the complete set someday.

Yes!

By the way, this thread gives me the opportunity to quote one of my all-time favorite Random Thoughts. It is from a thread that Cubb opened on 8-12-10 and the Reds and Cards had just had their 'confrontation' at GAB:

"We expected some of our young pitchers to hit the wall, but we didn't expect it to be Johnny Cueto."

I love it.

BCubb2003
11-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes!

By the way, this thread gives me the opportunity to quote one of my all-time favorite Random Thoughts. It is from a thread that Cubb opened on 8-12-10 and the Reds and Cards had just had their 'confrontation' at GAB:

"We expected some of our young pitchers to hit the wall, but we didn't expect it to be Johnny Cueto."

I love it.

Thanks. The best of collection makes the most sense for most fans. And RedsZone already has the complete set back in its dusty vault ...

savafan
11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
This is awesome! Will you be signing copies at Redsfest?

RFS62
11-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Just read through my copy for the third time. I can't believe how many inside stories you had about Puffy.

Very well done.

:beerme: