PDA

View Full Version : Reds Season Tickets

redsfaninbsg
11-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I attended 20 games last season and am looking at buying some sort of package this season to save money on ticket prices. The problem is, I live over four hours a way and due to work I have a hard time making any games before May and any games after August. I thought the Reds had some time of package where you could buy vouchers and just use them when you needed them? I looked on the website and this isn't an option listed for next year that I can see. Was this available in the past or am I just imagining things?

LawFive
11-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I did this with a few buddies in '09. It was offered last year too but we did not partake. Basically you bought vouchers in packs of 20. You choose what section you want and pay for the vouchers accordingly. We went ahead and picked our games ahead of time to ensure availability, but we were told you could also exchange them for seats the day of the game as long as there were still open seats in the section for which you had vouchers. The plus to this system is you can use the vouchers however you wanted - example 20 tix to 1 game, 4 tix to 5 games, etc. The pricing worked out to be about a $1 discount per ticket.

reds1869
11-08-2010, 02:28 PM
You could also buy another plan and exchange the unusable tickets for games you can attend. I am buying the weekday plan but will have trouble with Monday games; I plan to either give them away or exchange them. And, Kitty, if you are reading this I owe you!

johngalt
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I attended 20 games last season and am looking at buying some sort of package this season to save money on ticket prices. The problem is, I live over four hours a way and due to work I have a hard time making any games before May and any games after August. I thought the Reds had some time of package where you could buy vouchers and just use them when you needed them? I looked on the website and this isn't an option listed for next year that I can see. Was this available in the past or am I just imagining things?

That Flex Plan with the vouchers will be available again for 2011. It just usually comes up on the site a little bit after the other plans.

I would also suggest just calling the Season Ticket Office at the number on the site (513-765-7500) and let them know your situation and see if you can work out a 20-game plan that fits for you. My guess is they would work with you on that. If nothing else, you could do what reds1869 was talking about and exchange some tickets on one of the standard 20-game plans for games you can attend.