PDA

View Full Version : Redsfest 2010

mroby85
11-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Just saw tickets for redsfest went on sale today and checked out the list of players who will be making appearances. I'm not sure if the list is completed yet, but if it is, it's missing a lot of guys including Votto, Rolen, Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, Volquez, etc. Doubt if i'll be attending if this is the complete list.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/fan_forum/redsfest.jsp?loc=appearances

mroby85
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Just read that those are the ones that are confirmed, and says check back closer to the date, not sure how I missed that above the list of names, lol.

Girevik
11-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I've never been to a RedsFest. What all goes on, and how crowded it is. I assume my 10 year old would love it, but would it be so crowded I'd risk losing my 6 year old?

brm7675
11-10-2010, 05:22 PM
If you have never been it's worth going, but with how well the team did this year i am passing on going due to what should be HUGE crowds. Go early and enjoy on Sat.

KYRedLeg
11-10-2010, 09:56 PM
On the Hot Stove show tonight, Thom said Votto was coming (even though he isn't listed yet). I don't think I saw Bruce on the list this morning, but now he is there as well.

bounty37h
11-11-2010, 10:20 AM
If you have never been it's worth going, but with how well the team did this year i am passing on going due to what should be HUGE crowds. Go early and enjoy on Sat.

Thats the only bad thing once the team start winning, others take notice and the fans who have been there all along have to share things with the "new" great fans. Not a bad problem overall if thats the worst you got, but can be annoying for those here the whole time.

bounty37h
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Very curious to see how Yonder does at this, having to interact with the public/little people.

davereds24
11-11-2010, 04:22 PM
If Votto can do it, anyone can

mroby85
11-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Thats the only bad thing once the team start winning, others take notice and the fans who have been there all along have to share things with the "new" great fans. Not a bad problem overall if thats the worst you got, but can be annoying for those here the whole time.

Agreed, I always get annoyed somewhat when bengals/reds tickets get a lot more expensive to get, that being said it's well worth the winning when it happens, but still frustrating. Does Yonder have a reputation of not dealing well with fans or something?

mlh1981
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I'll be there! :beerme:

Girevik
11-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Can someone give me more of an idea of what goes on at Redsfest? I'm most likely going to take my 10 year old down this year, and am trying to decide if I want to take my 6 year old as well. Is it mostly standing in line waiting to meet players, or is it fairly interactive?

Also, do you need to order the tickets in advance, or can they be bought the day of the event?

BEETTLEBUG
11-15-2010, 09:43 AM
I think it is better if you get them ahead of the day or days,but that is just me.

Girevik
11-15-2010, 09:51 AM
What do you mean "better".? Is it easier, cheaper, what? What is the advantaget to getting them early?

bounty37h
11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
If Votto can do it, anyone can

? I meant more of his attitude, he had the superstar mentality even in college, refused to talk with or sign autos for fans the few times I saw him then, or since then at minor league games. He was outright rude to some fans when L-Ville came through Durham this year. May be the worst I have ever seen, esp for someone who is not established at all. Think growing up around Afraud set that in early.

BEETTLEBUG
11-15-2010, 11:49 AM
What do you mean "better".? Is it easier, cheaper, what? What is the advantaget to getting them early?

Well you do as you wish but get tickets early then you only have to stand in one line not two. First to get them then when you get down there to Convention Center cause their is a big line down there to get in.

KYRedLeg
11-15-2010, 06:40 PM
My tickets arrived in the mail today!

1990REDS
11-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Got a couple of questions for my fellow sundeckers who have been to Redsfest before. Im taking my son for the first time this year and was wondering if you had to pay for each autograph you get or is that included in the price of the ticket? Can you bring your own stuff for them to sign? Can you get stuff thier for them to sign? Is thier free stuff thier that they provide you with to sign? Just wondering how the whole process works. Thanks for any help.

kevinchaapel
11-30-2010, 05:19 AM
The promoters of new Surrey-based festival, Redfest 2008, have cancelled this year's event.A Main Stage, Local Bands Stage, Acoustic Tent, camping, food and market stalls, late bars and DJ's.Redfest will give you the opportunity to discover some of the best up and coming local and national acts before they go stellar.

KYRedLeg
11-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Got a couple of questions for my fellow sundeckers who have been to Redsfest before. Im taking my son for the first time this year and was wondering if you had to pay for each autograph you get or is that included in the price of the ticket? Can you bring your own stuff for them to sign? Can you get stuff thier for them to sign? Is thier free stuff thier that they provide you with to sign? Just wondering how the whole process works. Thanks for any help.

I was wondering that as well. My wife and my dad are both going, and had been asking me the same things. I'd like to get a couple of balls signed, but I didn't know if I needed to bring my own, if that was something I could buy there, etc, and if I needed to bring extra cash for autographs

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
11-30-2010, 10:08 AM
I was wondering that as well. My wife and my dad are both going, and had been asking me the same things. I'd like to get a couple of balls signed, but I didn't know if I needed to bring my own, if that was something I could buy there, etc, and if I needed to bring extra cash for autographs

They have stuff to buy, or you can bring your own. Lines are long for the big names and the star players only sign so many autographs before they cut the line off. The line to get in is the worst. Hopefully since I have press credentials this year I won't have to worry about that. :thumbup:

Girevik
11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm brining my boys down for the first time this year too. I'm thinking I may pick them each up a ball to get signed, but I'm a little concerned about the lines and how well the boys will hold up.

I saw they have "kid only" lines. Can I stand in those lines with my boys as long as I don't get any autographs?

Jharb74
11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
They have stuff to buy, or you can bring your own. Lines are long for the big names and the star players only sign so many autographs before they cut the line off. The line to get in is the worst. Hopefully since I have press credentials this year I won't have to worry about that. :thumbup:

I can tell you that your "press credentials" will raise a red flag very fast there, if you are trying to score too many autographs. I had credentials last year and was in the green room, doing radio ID's. A family came in and went über fan and started getting pics with Votto and signatures with Bruce, etc. They even went as far as making a plate from the buffet, and as soon as they sat down with full plates they kicked them out. This was a family of 4 with little kids too. They all had the same press credentials on that I did.

I don't mean to sound like a _____, just trying to give you a heads up.

Girevik
12-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I was listening to WLW on my way to work this morning and they were talking about "bracing for the snow" on Saturday. I know they were being somewhat sarcastic, but I'll be driving donw from Columbus and am wondering what I'll be getting into.

Are they just calling for flurries, or will there be significant accumulation? And when is it supposed to start?

KYRedLeg
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
They're calling for rain-to-sleet-to-snow Friday evening, around the time Redsfest is letting out. I haven't heard a lot about an accumulation, though.

aaronlac123
12-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Why can't I find a schedule of events? I assumed I could find it on the Reds website. It may be there somewhere but well hidden. Pathetic.

JayBruceFan
12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I went today and left after 2 hours because it was insanely crowded

They need to think about limiting the amount of people that they let in or look into finding a bigger venue for this thing

Because bumping into 8 people every 2 feet isn't my idea of fun

aaronlac123
12-04-2010, 09:47 PM
I left after 45 minutes. That's how long it took me just to walk around the room without stopping to look at anything. It was insanely crowded. The lines were crazy and it felt like it was 95 degrees in there. It's nice that there is so much interest but they do need to look for a bigger venue for next year.

KYRedLeg
12-04-2010, 11:15 PM
So. Many. People.

At the end of it all, I got autographs from Gomes, Rolen, Votto, Janish, Hannigan, Fisher, and Baker. A good weekend overall, but it's a miracle nobody got hurt during the stampedes that followed the "announce the autograph sessions an hour ahead of time" setup.

Girevik
12-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, it would be really nice to have a schedule of who will be avaiable when, and where.

My boys had a great time, though, but my youngest didn't want to wait in huge lines so my older missed out on autographs. Got a couple of cool pictures, though.