PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Read on Clint Hurdle (going to Pirates)

WVRed
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Report-Daughter-s-illness-a-big-reason-Hurdle-t?urn=mlb-285598

Unassisted
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Some good managers will take jobs for reasons other than money... or desperation.

HokieRed
11-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Have to root for a man who makes that kind of decision. I've always like the Pirates anyway so I hope they do well.

WVRed
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Have to root for a man who makes that kind of decision. I've always like the Pirates anyway so I hope they do well.

Me too. I've been to two games in Pittsburgh and have really enjoyed it. If the Reds were in a down year and the Pirates were doing well, I would probably pull for them.

The Steelers on the other hand.....

HokieRed
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Me too. I've been to two games in Pittsburgh and have really enjoyed it. If the Reds were in a down year and the Pirates were doing well, I would probably pull for them.

The Steelers on the other hand.....

Pirates are definitely my second favorite club in the division; in fact in the NL. Goes all the way back to Clemente. Agree 100%, however, on the Steelers. Got no use for them.

cumberlandreds
11-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Hurdle did a great thing for his family. You have to respect a man like that. I've always liked the Pirates too. Willie Stargell is probably my favorite non-Red player of all time. I hope Hurdle does well in his tenure in Pittsburgh.