PDA

View Full Version : Cuban NOT interested in buying the Astros

TRF
11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5827002

And I'm glad. Thing is, I think he'd be a very good owner. He'd stay out of the baseball side of things, open the budget, and energize the fanbase.

So, yeah, I'm glad he isn't interested in a division rival. I think he'd have made the Cubs into a powerhouse.

I hope he does eventually buy a MLB franchise. I think fresh blood helps the game.

Unassisted
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
My guess is that Cuban doesn't want to have to spend significant amounts of time in Houston watching games. It's a very different place than Dallas, weather-wise and culturally.

He is infamous in San Antonio for saying impolite things about the Riverwalk, which is one of the state's top tourist attractions. I wouldn't be surprised if he had similarly negative opinions about Houston.

TRF
11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
he's mouth, but he wanted the Cubs, and has expressed an interest in the Dodgers. I'm guessing the fact that the Astros are horrible, and have nothing in the minors played a part.

15fan
11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
I hope he's holding out for the day that we annex Cuba and put a MLB team in Havanna.

That's the team he should own.

Unassisted
11-22-2010, 03:11 PM
I hope he's holding out for the day that we annex Cuba and put a MLB team in Havanna.

That's the team he should own.Might be interesting to see how Fidel would react if Cuban criticized him as harshly as he criticizes NBA referees. :D

Mario-Rijo
11-22-2010, 07:41 PM

That's the team he should own.

The Havana Cubans?

15fan
11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
The Havana Cubans?

Kinda.

They would be Cuban's Cubans.

Mario-Rijo
11-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Kinda.

They would be Cuban's Cubans.

The Havana Cē's