PDA

View Full Version : Rolen interview with IU baseball coach Tracy Smith.

Playadlc
11-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Nothing earth shattering here, but I enjoyed the clip. Rolen is more laid back and personable than people realize.

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/111910aab.html

George Anderson
11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Somewhat off topic but on the subject of Rolen. I was in Jasper, Indiana on business a few weeks back and I wanted to make a point to find the street they named after him "Scott Rolen Drive". I found the drive and it is kinda humorous in that the whole length of the street is maybe 100' long. It basically is the entrance to an athletic facility. I expected a big long street and it amounted to the size of a driveway. ;)

The opening scene btw has a couple umpires that are in my umpire association. The one just got back from the CWS.

dabvu2498
11-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Kinda funny. Coach Smith's first job in coaching was as the head coach at Miami University's branch campus in Middletown. To make ends meet, he was substitute teaching and he used to end up at my high school all the time. Us guys loved it because he'd tell us stories about playing minor league ball. Looking back, he had to be struggling, and it's good to see that he's successful now. He is a good guy who was always giving hitting tips to us young ballers.