PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter

Jpup
12-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Jeter resigned with the Yanks. 3 years 15-17 million with some kind of option for a 4th year.

MLB Trade Rumors

Reds4Life
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
So basically, it was the original offer the Yankees extended to him. I guess he figured out he wasn't going to get more than that anywhere else.

RedsManRick
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
You know you've made it when getting paid twice what you're worth is considered caving.

edabbs44
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
You know you've made it when getting paid twice what you're worth is considered caving.

I'm pretty sure that Jeter's monetary worth goes beyond his stats. No one knows how much he is actually "worth", except maybe the Yankees. But I can say that I see plenty of fans with Jeter shirts and jerseys around NY and NJ.

mth123
12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that Jeter's monetary worth goes beyond his stats. No one knows how much he is actually "worth", except maybe the Yankees. But I can say that I see plenty of fans with Jeter shirts and jerseys around NY and NJ.

I think just the opposite. The Yanks will get the TV money, the sell-outs and the merchandise money. If it wasn't Jeter it would be somebody else. I think the Yankees revenue and the NY baseball fever would be unaffected whether Jeter was on or off the Yankees roster. A guy like Griffey reviving a place where baseball is dying like he did here when he came (if only for a minute) is where an individual star makes an impact. The Yankees money machine will roll on no matter who is wearing the pinstripes as long as the team is in the hunt every year.

Razor Shines
12-04-2010, 03:07 PM
I wonder if Jeter is going to try to play into his 40s and maybe be a player/manager to try and break the hit record.