PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea with Cleveland

schroomytunes
12-04-2010, 05:04 PM
With AGon going to Boston what about these scenerios with Cleveland.

1) Shin Soo Choo-to the Reds!

Reds trade-Todd Fraizer, Chris Heisey, and Mike Leake to Tribe.

or

2)Grady Sizemore-to the Reds

Reds trade-Chris Heisey and Todd Fraizer with no cash coming Cincy's way!

each trade I think benefits both clubs, and dumping Sizemore saves Cleveland bigtime $$!

corkedbat
12-04-2010, 05:19 PM
With AGon going to Boston what about these scenerios with Cleveland.

1) Shin Soo Choo-to the Reds!

Reds trade-Todd Fraizer, Chris Heisey, and Mike Leake to Tribe.

or

2)Grady Sizemore-to the Reds

Reds trade-Chris Heisey and Todd Fraizer with no cash coming Cincy's way!

each trade I think benefits both clubs, and dumping Sizemore saves Cleveland bigtime $$!

I'm great with acquiring either, but both would require more. Choo is younger and cheaper and would probably reqire a starter and a bat to just to open. Sizemore is more expensive and coming off an injury, but he's also a Cleveland favorite and they aren't just gonna give him away.

I think something along the lines of Alonso, Leake, Valaika and Fisher might get it done for one of them (most likely Sizemore) and I'd do it. I think Grady is due about $7.5M this year with an option of about #11-12M in 2K12. By 2013, Yorman should be ready to step in, so it might be a nice stop-gap.

It would be a bit of a gamble, but I'd do it. Not sure if the Tribe would.

I'd love to see a Sizemore-Stubbs-Bruce OF though.

RedLegSuperStar
12-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Grady.. Yes

Shoo.. No

11larkin11
12-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Grady.. Yes

Shoo.. No

I agree. Just the exact opposite.

lollipopcurve
12-04-2010, 05:33 PM
There's no telling how well Sizemore will bounce back from injury. Makes no sense to trade talent for him at this point.

TheNext44
12-04-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm great with acquiring either, but both would require more. Choo is younger and cheaper and would probably reqire a starter and a bat to just to open. Sizemore is more expensive and coming off an injury, but he's also a Cleveland favorite and they aren't just gonna give him away.

I think something along the lines of Alonso, Leake, Valaika and Fisher might get it done for one of them (most likely Sizemore) and I'd do it. I think Grady is due about $7.5M this year with an option of about #11-12M in 2K12. By 2013, Yorman should be ready to step in, so it might be a nice stop-gap.

It would be a bit of a gamble, but I'd do it. Not sure if the Tribe would.

I'd love to see a Sizemore-Stubbs-Bruce OF though.

Why would Choo cost more than AGon? One year younger, not as productive. Cheaper, but getting expensive.

The Indians, if they trade Choo, want youngsters, I'd say two or three #5-20 prospects would get him. Maybe a top 5 and #10-20.