PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco and Votto

BCubb2003
12-05-2010, 11:36 AM
http://twitpic.com/3d74al

Spotted in a Starbucks. Will Votto change his name to Dix-neuf?

Eric_the_Red
12-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh no, keep Votto away from that man!

SirFelixCat
12-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh no, keep Votto away from that man!

I couldn't disagree more. 85 is one of the only guys in the NFL that "gets it". Is he a diva? You betcha, but man, he's just awesome w/ the fans!

I don't see Votto ever becoming a diva, period.

Eric_the_Red
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I couldn't disagree more. 85 is one of the only guys in the NFL that "gets it". Is he a diva? You betcha, but man, he's just awesome w/ the fans!

Awesome with fans is one thing. Awesome with his team is another.

Caveat Emperor
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM

Sadly, the first comment on the photo is a girl saying she tried to get a photo with Votto and he told her "Sorry, I don't do pictures."

Big Klu
12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
http://twitpic.com/3d74al

Spotted in a Starbucks. Will Votto change his name to Dix-neuf?

Wouldn't it be Un Neuf in French?
Uno Nueve in Spanish?
Uno Nove in Italian?

(Not "Nineteen", but "One Nine".)

:D

HeatherC1212
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Sadly, the first comment on the photo is a girl saying she tried to get a photo with Votto and he told her "Sorry, I don't do pictures."

Depending on when she asked him (which she conveniently left off her comment), he was under no obligation to stop whatever he was doing to take a photo with her. My skater friends get stopped at the most random times for photos or autographs and most of the time they oblige, but when they're eating or out with their families, they don't enjoy a lot of interuptions to that time. They don't get a lot of it since they train away from their families. Sports figures need to stop being put on some type of pedestal so that every time some random comment like that is made it doesn't ruin their 'reputation'. Joey was mobbed ALL day yesterday and he obliged everyone the best he could as far as I could tell (and I was right behind the kids autograph area in the Redsheads area for one of his times so I know he was good there). I won't persecute him for one random comment when we don't even know the whole story and I hope others don't either. :eek:

/end rant (Sorry, massive pet peeve of mine and I apologize for the slight rant, LOL)

Anyway, I saw that photo come across my Twitter feed this morning and my first thought was, "Joey looks totally exhausted", LOL :laugh:

TheNext44
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Uno Nueve in Spanish?
Uno Nove in Italian?

Joey Diecinueve

(It's ten and nine in Spanish.)

BCubb2003
12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Uno Nueve in Spanish?
Uno Nove in Italian?

I figured he'd go with the French, and you're probably right about the One Nine.

WMR
12-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Depending on when she asked him (which she conveniently left off her comment), he was under no obligation to stop whatever he was doing to take a photo with her. My skater friends get stopped at the most random times for photos or autographs and most of the time they oblige, but when they're eating or out with their families, they don't enjoy a lot of interuptions to that time. They don't get a lot of it since they train away from their families. Sports figures need to stop being put on some type of pedestal so that every time some random comment like that is made it doesn't ruin their 'reputation'. Joey was mobbed ALL day yesterday and he obliged everyone the best he could as far as I could tell (and I was right behind the kids autograph area in the Redsheads area for one of his times so I know he was good there). I won't persecute him for one random comment when we don't even know the whole story and I hope others don't either. :eek:

/end rant (Sorry, massive pet peeve of mine and I apologize for the slight rant, LOL)

Anyway, I saw that photo come across my Twitter feed this morning and my first thought was, "Joey looks totally exhausted", LOL :laugh:

I would have never picked you to come to Joey's defense. :lol:

WMR
12-05-2010, 04:15 PM

What exactly does Ocho "GET"? How to be an underperforming, gum-flapping cancer? He should work on being a little less awesome with the fans and more awesome with his teammates.

Not sure the Bungles can locate a big enough atomic weapon to blow that team up sufficiently.

Griffey012
12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
What exactly does Ocho "GET"? How to be an underperforming, gum-flapping cancer? He should work on being a little less awesome with the fans and more awesome with his teammates.

Not sure the Bungles can locate a big enough atomic weapon to blow that team up sufficiently.

I don't follow the Bengals and OchoCinco closely, but I don't recall hearing Ocho going off calling out his teammates, coaches, and qb's. But I could be wrong. To me he is one heck of an entertainer, but at the same time is a hard working football player. He should not be included in the same class as T.O. and Randy Moss.

kaldaniels
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I would have never picked you to come to Joey's defense. :lol:

Hey, every post she makes provides evidence to support her opinion. Can't blame her. :D

Eric_the_Red
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't follow the Bengals and OchoCinco closely, but I don't recall hearing Ocho going off calling out his teammates, coaches, and qb's. But I could be wrong. To me he is one heck of an entertainer, but at the same time is a hard working football player. He should not be included in the same class as T.O. and Randy Moss.

Except he punched a coach.

1990REDS
12-05-2010, 06:25 PM

completely agree. espescially in todays world of the internet, you never know where a picture you take could end up.

BearcatShane
12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
You know what. I love Joey Votto as a person but I'v heard from more than a few folks he's not the most personable person when he's in public. I don't think that suprises anyone on here. And I'm not ripping him its totally fine. Just the way he is and will always be probably. The man does not like attention.

paintmered
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Some people are introverts. I get the vibe that random people approaching him in public and asking for autographs and photographs makes him really uncomfortable and leads to awkward situations.

I think the bigger problem is that people have unreasonable expectations with celebrities. I know I wouldn't want to put up with random drunk girsl or guys wanting a Facebook profile pic when I'm out with family or friends.

Ghosts of 1990
12-05-2010, 09:24 PM
You know what. I love Joey Votto as a person but I'v heard from more than a few folks he's not the most personable person when he's in public. I don't think that suprises anyone on here. And I'm not ripping him its totally fine. Just the way he is and will always be probably. The man does not like attention.

It's knock a knock on him at all, I get the feeling that he is that way. He is an unreal baseball player. But I think he's just one of those guys who would rather not be bothered or noticed by the public. Joe Dimaggio was "funny" like that. There were others over the course of time who just weren't fan guys.

On the flip side of the coin, some friends of mine ran into Jay Bruce picking up a pizza. When they recognized him at the pizza place he bought their 8 pizzas for their party and said thanks for being Reds fans.

Razor Shines
12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Whoa....Starbucks isn't very fancy. How about that jacket though? Not very manly. Lets see what we can get for him via trade.

paintmered
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Coffee Emporium, Joey. Coffee Emporium. Not Starbucks.

TeamBoone
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Chad posted that picture on Facebook and said he just ran into Joey at Starbucks. They weren't there together.

BearcatShane
12-05-2010, 11:28 PM
It's knock a knock on him at all, I get the feeling that he is that way. He is an unreal baseball player. But I think he's just one of those guys who would rather not be bothered or noticed by the public. Joe Dimaggio was "funny" like that. There were others over the course of time who just weren't fan guys.

On the flip side of the coin, some friends of mine ran into Jay Bruce picking up a pizza. When they recognized him at the pizza place he bought their 8 pizzas for their party and said thanks for being Reds fans.

Jay Bruce is extremely good with fans.

12-06-2010, 02:56 AM
nm