PDA

View Full Version : Trade idea with the Nats

fewfirstchoice
12-06-2010, 01:40 PM
There looking for a first baseman and we have a extra one. Their shopping Desmond and we need a SS. How bout this.

Alonso to Nats

for

Desmond to Reds

Seems logical to me.

Alpha Zero
12-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I doubt that the Nationals would. The Reds would probably have to give just a bit more than that to get Desmond. I could be wrong though.

Hondo
12-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I am really glad you 2 aren't the GM.

You would give a #1 Draft Pick 1B Yonder Alonso for SS Ian Desmond? Straight up?

I am not knocking Desmond, but come on, Alonso could be used to get a higher profile player than SS Ian Desmond.

Dude struck out 106 times and you're begging Dusty to bat him 2nd with his .308 OBP

Yonder Alonso could be used to get a better player than that, example Justin Smoak was used as the center piece for the Rangers to acquire LHP Cliff Lee.

brm7675
12-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I am really glad you 2 aren't the GM.

You would give a #1 Draft Pick 1B Yonder Alonso for SS Ian Desmond? Straight up?

I am not knocking Desmond, but come on, Alonso could be used to get a higher profile player than SS Ian Desmond.

Dude struck out 106 times and you're begging Dusty to bat him 2nd with his .308 OBP

Yonder Alonso could be used to get a better player than that, example Justin Smoak was used as the center piece for the Rangers to acquire LHP Cliff Lee.

But you have to remember teams know we have no where to play Yonder, he is never going to play in cincy unless the Reds deal Votto, so with Yonder the Reds are at a bit of disadvantage in dealing him.

Vottomatic
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM
The title scared me for a minute. I thought a proposal to trade for Werth was going to be mentioned.

Whew! Glad that didn't happen. :D

Trace's Daddy
12-06-2010, 09:54 PM
They could trade a prospect for Nyjer Morgan from the Nats. Then they'd have a LF platoon of ass kickers.

R_Webb18
12-06-2010, 10:35 PM
They could trade a prospect for Nyjer Morgan from the Nats. Then they'd have a LF platoon of ass kickers.

this kid is a clown tho right?

webbbj
12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
But you have to remember teams know we have no where to play Yonder, he is never going to play in cincy unless the Reds deal Votto, so with Yonder the Reds are at a bit of disadvantage in dealing him.

thats only if the reds let teams take advantage of them. they are not in any pressure to deal alonso if the deal isnt right. sure its nice to use him as a trade bait but they dont just have to give him away.

Hondo
12-07-2010, 02:36 PM

My God dude, what are you talking about? Just because there is no position open doesn't make his value go down...

:confused:

joshua
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Forget about getting Desmond. The Nats are up for trading nearly anyone on their roster. They're looking for a first baseman and I want Josh Willingham in left field. What would it take to make that happen?

joshua
12-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Upton: .273 .356 17 HRs.
Willingham: .268 .389 16 HRs.

I'd rather have Willingham for the price. Both contract wise and what it'd take to grab him. Nats need someone at 1B and we have Yonder sitting on his ass behind the National League's Most Vottomatic Player. Who else would we have to throw in to get that deal done?

scott91575
12-08-2010, 02:22 AM

I'd rather have Willingham for the price. Both contract wise and what it'd take to grab him. Nats need someone at 1B and we have Yonder sitting on his ass behind the National League's Most Vottomatic Player. Who else would we have to throw in to get that deal done?

His value is reduced by the fact he only has a year left on his contract. Of course he could end up a type A free agent and bring back a 1st round pick.

There are lots of teams interested, but 1 high end prospect (Alonso) and a middle level one (somewhere in #10 range organizational wise) should get it done. Maybe an additional lower level guy/PTBNL.

In the end, it comes down to how much other teams want him, and there seems to be a fair amount of interest. I am just spit balling for the most part. It might only take Alonso and some lower level guys.

I too would like Willingham, but remember he only has 1 year left on his deal where Upton has 5. Of course the whole Upton thing looks like the DBacks were asking for too much, while the Nats are in more of a position to actually make a deal.

Of course this doesn't help...

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/12187623900585984

Yet it's early and that can change. Teams always ask for too much initially.

PeteRoseBelongs
12-08-2010, 12:09 PM

Gomes: .266 .327 18 hrs.

I would rather keep Gomes but then again his numbers are far worse than those other two guys. And he is aleady here. Thank god your not the GM of this team. Our outfield is steady with Gomes, Heisey, Stubbs and Bruce. But I guess that those other two guys would put us over the top.