PDA

View Full Version : Graig Counsell

gobucks106
12-08-2010, 10:17 AM
While he is no spring chicken, he is a gamer, and his agent says he needs an answer if he is still interested in coming back for the Brewers, I want to say we looked at him last winter. Be a nice backup to Janish, left handed bat, can play short, second, and third, post season experience where he has come up big, nice bat off the bench, smart player, veteran leadership, I say if he does not re-sign with the Brewers give him a one year deal, nice insurance if any of our core infielders would miss some time next year. Thoughts?

bounty37h
12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I dont know, 2 oldies manning the left side of the infield with Gomes bad d behind them-that kinda scares me.

JohnnyBench
12-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Don't know much about him, is he related to Craig Counsell? If so, does he have the same funky batting stance? If so, is he older than dirt like Craig Counsell?

Vottomatic
12-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm still waiting for them to expand major league rosters to 27. Would allow teams to add another pitcher and another utility/platoon/pinch hitter guy.

texasdave
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm still waiting for them to expand major league rosters to 27. Would allow teams to add another pitcher and another utility/platoon/pinch hitter guy.

Please don't give Tony LaRussa another pitcher out in the bullpen. Aren't the games long enough already? More players mean longer games. And, to be honest, I think the games are too long already.

DocRed
12-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't know much about him, is he related to Craig Counsell? If so, does he have the same funky batting stance? If so, is he older than dirt like Craig Counsell?

Older brother of Hraig Counsell.

Hondo
12-08-2010, 03:24 PM
While he is no spring chicken, he is a gamer, and his agent says he needs an answer if he is still interested in coming back for the Brewers, I want to say we looked at him last winter. Be a nice backup to Janish, left handed bat, can play short, second, and third, post season experience where he has come up big, nice bat off the bench, smart player, veteran leadership, I say if he does not re-sign with the Brewers give him a one year deal, nice insurance if any of our core infielders would miss some time next year. Thoughts?

We already have Cairo coming back... Don't need that player. He needs to go to the Dodgers or back to Milwaukee

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5899671

Vottomatic
12-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Older brother of Hraig Counsell.

And younger brother of Fraig Counsell. :D