PDA

View Full Version : D'backs possibly interested in Heisey...

Az. Reds Fan
12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
...just received this tweet from Dbacks writer Nick Piecoro

nickpiecoro Nick Piecoro
Heard the Dbacks have some interest in Reds OF Chris Heisey. Internal discussions only, at this point.

What would it take for the Dbacks to pry him away?

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Justin Upton would be a good jumping-off point.

jaydeebee21
12-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Stephen Drew

Chris Sabowned
12-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Justin Upton would be a good jumping-off point.

I'd start by offering Bailey and Heisey for Upton, or Volquez and Heisey, and talk from there.

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I'd start by offering Bailey and Heisey for Upton, or Volquez and Heisey, and talk from there.

I was just joking, btw...I was worried some people would think I was serious.

Now, a deal involving the two of them, that could happen...but I do not see Bailey nor Volquez being enough to pair with Heisey in an Upton move.

Vottomatic
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
If they initiated the conversation, the ball should be in the Reds court.

The D'backs have nobody who fills the Reds 3 immediate needs of 1. leadoff hitter 2. hitter behind Votto in lineup 3. Ace pitcher. Therefore, they need to pony up if they want Heisey.

DocRed
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Upton for Heisey, and pick one of (Wood, Leake, Volquez, Bailey or Cueto). I might even throw a Maloney or Lecure in there.

mattfeet
12-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Wood is NOT available in a trade, IMO.

-Matt

Pony Boy
12-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I agree with Matt. I wouldnt throw Wood into the mix with the rest of our young pitchers. I wouldnt mind parting with Leake, Volquez or Bailey in a trade that addresses a need, but I want to hold onto Wood. He is a notch above those guys.

bounty37h
12-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I hope they both turn into aces, but personally like Leake a lil better then Wood, but think they both have great futures.

Hondo
12-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I think Wood and Leake are going to be like Glavine and Maddux...

I am serious... Their poise out there is awesome!

Vottomatic
12-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I'm a Wood guy.

I wouldn't trade him, but I'd trade Cueto, Volquez, Bailey or Leake.

Girevik
12-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I'm a Wood guy.

<MichaelScott> That's what she said! </MichaelScott>

Kingspoint
12-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Stephen Drew

Nothing less.

bounty37h
12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I think Wood and Leake are going to be like Glavine and Maddux...

I am serious... Their poise out there is awesome!

I 120% agree!!!!! Could be one of the best 1-2 punches out there at some point.

Pony Boy
12-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I just don't see it with Leake. I think he'll be a good pitcher, but I think his ceiling is more Bronson Arroyo than Greg Maddux. Call me crazy.

bounty37h
12-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I just don't see it with Leake. I think he'll be a good pitcher, but I think his ceiling is more Bronson Arroyo than Greg Maddux. Call me crazy.

Maybe, only time will tell. I watched this kid in college and thought he had some of the best stuff I had seen ever at that level, and was excited when we got him in the draft. I think the ceiling is very high for him, def closer to Maddux then Arroyo.

Hondo
12-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Maybe, only time will tell. I watched this kid in college and thought he had some of the best stuff I had seen ever at that level, and was excited when we got him in the draft. I think the ceiling is very high for him, def closer to Maddux then Arroyo.

Thats what I said... Glad someone has the same Opinion. Leake just looks like he can throw any pitch in any count, great Poise, I hope he gets 200 Innings this year and wins an ERA Title.

bounty37h
12-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Hondo-I think Leake has the potential to be one of those "once in a generation" type of pitchers. Poise is unreal, esp at his age and experience at this level. Talent to make the pitch he wants in any situation. The kind of guy who can come in and make it his game.

Todd Gack
12-10-2010, 04:19 PM
We're not getting Stephen Drew for Heisey unless another player is involved. You'd need a Travis Wood/Heisey to get Drew because SS is a such a hard position to trade for.

Hondo
12-10-2010, 05:51 PM
We're not getting Stephen Drew for Heisey unless another player is involved. You'd need a Travis Wood/Heisey to get Drew because SS is a such a hard position to trade for.

I disagree, that would be a salary dump for Arizona.

mattfeet
12-10-2010, 10:11 PM
From MLBTR:

"The Reds were interested in Gerardo Parra and the D'Backs in Chris Heisey, but a potential deal of the two outfielders was scuttled because the Reds want to keep Heisey."

gedred69
12-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I disagree, that would be a salary dump for Arizona.

Okay, the vast majority of Reds fans feel that Wood is all but untouchable. (For now I agree). So my question is who would Reds and their fans be willing to bundle, (if anybody), with Heisey to acquire Drew? Would he be worth it?

PeteRoseBelongs
12-10-2010, 11:22 PM
could you report the whole thing. They wanted an exchange of Heisey for Parra swap. That isn't going to happen and the Reds rejected it turn. It would be a down grade to send for Parra.

since you got your little tweet, I will post the actual information:
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the Reds and Diamondbacks discussed a Chris Heisey/Gerardo Parra swap, but the Reds turned it down.
As they should. Parra is a fine fourth outfielder, but Heisey has a chance to develop into a solid regular at a corner outfield position. Jonny Gomes will begin the 2011 season as the Reds' left fielder, but it's not out of the question that Heisey passes him up at some point during the year.
Source: Arizona Republic
Related: Gerardo Parra

bounty37h
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
could you report the whole thing. They wanted an exchange of Heisey for Parra swap. That isn't going to happen and the Reds rejected it turn. It would be a down grade to send for Parra.

since you got your little tweet, I will post the actual information:
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the Reds and Diamondbacks discussed a Chris Heisey/Gerardo Parra swap, but the Reds turned it down.
As they should. Parra is a fine fourth outfielder, but Heisey has a chance to develop into a solid regular at a corner outfield position. Jonny Gomes will begin the 2011 season as the Reds' left fielder, but it's not out of the question that Heisey passes him up at some point during the year.
Source: Arizona Republic
Related: Gerardo Parra

Wow, sounds like someone had a bad weekend?

Michelle
12-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Chris should stay with REDS. I dont care what it takes. The reds need Chris Heisey.
Michelle

PeteRoseBelongs
12-26-2010, 11:34 AM
LOL, sorry, no I didn't have a bad weekend. I just have a problem when someone or anyone for that fact only reports part of something but not the entire facts. I don't have a problem directly or indirectly with any person on here. I know that we as fans want to see the Reds continue to improve. I really feel as a fan and as someone that follows the game of baseball that the Reds are on a good trac. I support keeping Gomes as his numbers are better than alot of the higher priced players at the position. I would like to see the Reds deal Phillips so that Frazier and or Valieka could get a shot. While I do not dislike Roberts, I do have a problem with his focus or desire to run out ground balls or fly balls consistantly, but for the money owed I would like to see the other guys get a chance. I like Rolen but I would like to see Francisco get a real chance at 3rd base and play more than Rolen. Scott could play the role of teacher for Juan which is only going to make him a better player.. I really think our team is on the right track. I am very excited about the upcoming season.