PDA

View Full Version : D'Backs Have Interest In Heisey

RedLegSuperStar
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Haven't talk to the Reds about his availability. This per MLBTradeRumors.com

RedLegSuperStar
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I know Upton talks have been just about nipped.. But could we expand the deal to get Upton. Maybe include Mike Leake and Homer Bailey with a mid level prospect to go with Heisey.

kbrake
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
As long as Cordero is a part of this team I don't think there is any money available to allow payroll to be added.

Brutus
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Haven't talk to the Reds about his availability. This per MLBTradeRumors.com

Walt, meet Kevin. Kevin, meet Walt.

Chris, here are some condos in Phoenix. Justin, Cincinnati has some nice lofts.

RedLegSuperStar
12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
What about Brandon Phillips added to the deal to even out money. Johnson could easily replace Upton in RF or dealt.

Cedric
12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
What about Brandon Phillips added to the deal to even out money. Johnson could easily replace Upton in RF or dealt.

Brandon is someone I have targeted to move. I see a quick drop off in production soon for BPhil. The problem is I think other teams realize the same things.

RedEye
12-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Brandon is someone I have targeted to move. I see a quick drop off in production soon for BPhil. The problem is I think other teams realize the same things.

Me too. I love BP, but I think he's on the downside of his peak value now (still productive, somewhat young, somewhat cheap and about to get real expensive). The Reds also have several decent options in-house to replace him (Frazier, Valaika, maybe even Cozart or Janish).

mth123
12-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Me too. I love BP, but I think he's on the downside of his peak value now (still productive, somewhat young, somewhat cheap and about to get real expensive). The Reds also have several decent options in-house to replace him (Frazier, Valaika, maybe even Cozart or Janish).

I don't think there is one remotely decent in house option. If there is to be a deal where the money is evened up it need more back:

Phillips, Leake, Alonso, Heisey, Boxberger, Duran and Jordan Smith for Upton and Kelly Johnson.

camisadelgolf
12-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't think there is one remotely decent in house option. If there is to be a deal where the money is evened up it need more back:

Phillips, Leake, Alonso, Heisey, Boxberger, Duran and Jordan Smith for Upton and Kelly Johnson.
There's a reason you don't see a lot of seven-for-two trades. If the Diamondbacks did that trade, they'd have to drop additional players to stop from going over the 40-man roster limit.

RedEye
12-08-2010, 10:01 PM

Frazier, Valaika, Janish and Cozart don't qualify as "remotely decent"? I guess it all depends on your definition. In any case, all three would seem to fit some version of the Jocketty profile of decent-fielding-light-hit IF who are carried in the lineup by power from the corner positions.

I do like that proposed deal though. Quite a bit. But I'm not sure the D'Backs would ever do it. I'm not sure more is more in the case of those prospects your are listing on the Reds side.

edabbs44
12-08-2010, 10:01 PM
As long as Cordero is a part of this team I don't think there is any money available to allow payroll to be added.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Orenda
12-08-2010, 10:52 PM

corkedbat
12-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I'll take Drew, Upton or Johnson. And build a deal around Alonso, Heisey and Cozart and throw in Leake if Upton or Drew is involved. I'd prefer Upton and/or Drew, but Johnson would make a nice platoon partner with Gomer and spelling Rolen a time or two a week.

I'd also se if I couldn't doa contract deal with the Mets- either Phillips or Cordero and a prospect for Reyes and another contract (Perez?). How about Reyes @ 2B and Drew @ SS at the top of the order? :D

buckeyenut
12-09-2010, 06:04 AM
I would love to send Alonso, Leake, Heisey and a B spec of their choosing to ARI for Upton, then turn around and send Cordero, Cozart and a B spec of their choosing to NYM for Reyes. I think that would be a HUGE offensive bump, even though we already have the best offense in the NL last year. And I think our D gets better as well with those two deals.

Dan
12-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I would love to send Alonso, Leake, Heisey and a B spec of their choosing to ARI for Upton, then turn around and send Cordero, Cozart and a B spec of their choosing to NYM for Reyes. I think that would be a HUGE offensive bump, even though we already have the best offense in the NL last year. And I think our D gets better as well with those two deals.

I doubt that deal gets Upton. I'd go the opposite route, and send Alonso, Heisey, and Cozart for Drew and a minor league pitcher. Then send Cordero, Gomes, and Bailey to NY for Beltran.

(OK, I doubt that package gets Beltran, but one can dream, can't he? LOL)

dunner13
12-09-2010, 09:11 AM
I think if Alonso, Heisey and leake was enough to get upton he would already be in a reds uniform. From the reports im guessing there asking for something like chapman, alonso, mescoraco, leake and heisey. I think we would be better off trying to get drew and just forget about upton for now.

Ghosts of 1990
12-09-2010, 09:28 AM
You guys who are talking Upton, Beltran, Reyes, etc.

Do you realize that the Reds are operating on an $85 million dollar payroll and they're making very few, careful, tactful moves as it is right now. While the idea is nice you can just tell that none of these things have a remote chance of happening. They're trying to make some money more than they are trying to raise payroll and increase the win total.

camisadelgolf
12-09-2010, 10:06 AM
You guys who are talking Upton, Beltran, Reyes, etc.

Do you realize that the Reds are operating on an $85 million dollar payroll and they're making very few, careful, tactful moves as it is right now. While the idea is nice you can just tell that none of these things have a remote chance of happening. They're trying to make some money more than they are trying to raise payroll and increase the win total.
Where did you get $85MM? The Reds are at about $59MM, not including the arbitration raises due to Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Burton, and Bray. That numbers does, however, include deferred salary and bonuses owed to Alonso, Arroyo, Chapman, and Rolen. Worst case scenario, I'd say that leaves the Reds with about $7MM of pay flex. That would make Upton very affordable, and honestly, Jose Reyes isn't much of a stretch either. When it comes to Beltran, though, it won't happen unless CoCo Cordero is sent packing.

RedEye
12-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Not sure if anyone saw this (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/NickPiecoro/110269) update from Nick Piecoro:

Multiple sources say the Cincinnati Reds had interest in outfielder Gerardo Parra and the Diamondbacks asked about outfielder Chris Heisey, a right-handed hitter whom Arizona felt would fit better with its current roster. But the Reds valued Heisey more and donít seem interested in trading him.

I for one am glad they stood pat. I'd rather have Heisey than Parra.

corkedbat
12-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Where did you get $85MM? The Reds are at about $59MM, not including the arbitration raises due to Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Burton, and Bray. That numbers does, however, include deferred salary and bonuses owed to Alonso, Arroyo, Chapman, and Rolen. Worst case scenario, I'd say that leaves the Reds with about $7MM of pay flex. That would make Upton very affordable, and honestly, Jose Reyes isn't much of a stretch either. When it comes to Beltran, though, it won't happen unless CoCo Cordero is sent packing.

And I believe most of the times acquiring Beltran has been dicussed here, it has been in the context of a deal to move Coco.

corkedbat
12-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Not sure if anyone saw this (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/NickPiecoro/110269) update from Nick Piecoro:

+1

I'm only interested in discussions with the DBacks if they include Upton, Drew and/or Johnson headed the Reds way.

muddie
12-12-2010, 09:43 AM

Absolutely.