PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Announce They Will Sit Their Second Baseman When Facing Phillies

Brisco
12-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Nationals Announce They Will Sit Their Second Baseman When Facing Phillies

Apparently 2B Adam Kennedy is Refusing to even take the field againt the new rotation:

"Lee (Halladay) Oswalt!?... c'mon ya gotta be kidding me. Who do they have in the bullpen, Sirhan Sirhan?"

:cool:

Brisco
12-14-2010, 07:17 PM
My second option was:

Reds Cuban Reliever Confused after new Phillies Rotation Announced.

Reds Cuban Reliever Aroldis Chapman mistakenly thought that the bad blood for the Bay of Pigs fiasco had gone too far. In response to hearing the new Phillies rotation, Chapman angrily stated:

"I am as mad as the next Cuban about the whole mess, but a Holiday for Lee Hamels Oswalt? That is just too much!"

Vottomatic
12-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Didn't the commissioner deny the Reds acquiring Vida Blue back in like 1977 because he said it was bad for baseball?

He should deny this signing.

Kingspoint
12-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Didn't the commissioner deny the Reds acquiring Vida Blue back in like 1977 because he said it was bad for baseball?

He should deny this signing.

I thought it was the Yankees he denied from getting Blue, but yes, it was for the good of baseball and competitive balance.

Bud Selig could care less.

He's a Donkey's butt who could care less about the competitive nature of baseball.

MikeThierry
12-14-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't think that would the greatest thing in the world to nix this deal. If the Phillies weren't going to get him, he would have more than likely landed with the Yankees. How then would that have been good for baseball? You could even take it further with Boston getting Gonzo and Crawford. Where does it end? It opens up a whole new can of worms. Besides, would you even want Bud Selig to go down this road considering he is probably the most incompetent commissioner in the four major sports in North America? Maybe if MLB had a forward thinking commissioner who really thought out in great detail of the consequences of doing such an action but as well all know, Bud is only reactionary and does things with very limited foresight.

Hondo
12-14-2010, 09:32 PM
I don't think that would the greatest thing in the world to nix this deal. If the Phillies weren't going to get him, he would have more than likely landed with the Yankees. How then would that have been good for baseball? You could even take it further with Boston getting Gonzo and Crawford. Where does it end? It opens up a whole new can of worms. Besides, would you even want Bud Selig to go down this road considering he is probably the most incompetent commissioner in the four major sports in North America? Maybe if MLB had a forward thinking commissioner who really thought out in great detail of the consequences of doing such an action but as well all know, Bud is only reactionary and does things with very limited foresight.

I couldn't agree more. The way Bud Selig is "admired" in the League has to be a Sham... Disgusting is a label that I would like to use to describe his term as Commissioner...

My opinion: Curt Schilling would be a "Great" Commissioner and Ambassador for the Sport of Baseball...

Bafoon is what Baseball has now...

MikeThierry
12-14-2010, 09:35 PM
lol Curt Schilling would be awesome. I love chaos and really he seems more competent than Selig. What I love most about Selig is that he is so quick to take credit for something that he was totally behind the curb in dealing with (IE steroids).

12-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Apparently 2B Adam Kennedy is Refusing to even take the field againt the new rotation:

"Lee (Halladay) Oswalt!?... c'mon ya gotta be kidding me. Who do they have in the bullpen, Sirhan Sirhan?"

Very funny stuff.

Will you be here all week? And how's the Veal?

Natty Redlocks
12-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Very funny stuff.

Will you be here all week? And how's the Veal?

Agreed. Great stuff.

Hey Meat
12-14-2010, 10:31 PM

Thanks, That caused a good deep[ down belly laugh!