PDA

View Full Version : Better option and cheaper then Gomes....

brm7675
12-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Austin Kearns just resigned with the Indian's for 1.3 million, which is cheaper then Gomes. I think Walt missed the boat on this and should have gone with Kearns....:confused:

Hondo
12-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Loved Austin Kearns. Hated the Trade that sent him away to the Nationals but I am past him and his production...

I would like Hesiey to step up and win the LF job and be a 30 Home Run Hitter.

In fact, I would also like Yonder Alonso to step up and be able to field the LF postion and be a big league hitter but I don't see that happening. Team should have picked Beckam instead of Yonder Alonso IMO...

brm7675
12-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Loved Austin Kearns. Hated the Trade that sent him away to the Nationals but I am past him and his production...

In fact, I would also like Yonder Alonso to step up and be able to field the LF postion and be a big league hitter but I don't see that happening. Team should have picked Beckam instead of Yonder Alonso IMO...

I just don't see Dusty having every day game in Heisey and right now I am more comfortable with what Kearns would bring defensivly and offensivly over Gomes without question.

bshall2105
12-20-2010, 05:28 PM
At this point I think Gomes is a better option than Kearns. Kearns hasn't really done much better in the last few years than Gomes has. Maybe he is a better defender than Jonny, but not enough better to pay 1.3 million for a platoon position.

brm7675
12-20-2010, 05:44 PM
At this point I think Gomes is a better option than Kearns. Kearns hasn't really done much better in the last few years than Gomes has. Maybe he is a better defender than Jonny, but not enough better to pay 1.3 million for a platoon position.

Why would you platoon kearns? His defense alone makes him a better choice then gomes..

Pony Boy
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Gomes' is a better hitter than Kearns at this point. His 2009 season was better than anything Kearns has ever done in the bigs, although limited ABs.

Plus it's good to have a blue-collar red ass on the team.

brm7675
12-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Gomes' is a better hitter than Kearns at this point. His 2009 season was better than anything Kearns has ever done in the bigs, although limited ABs.

Plus it's good to have a blue-collar red ass on the team.

Lets see Austin hit 20 HR's, drove in 98 only K'ed 78 times and hit .272 and we know can play a much better D, so exactly how is Gomes better?

Can you please tell me what having a blue coller means? I mean given Gomes had worse numbers last year then Austin and is costing us more, exactly how does a blue coller make up for it?

berryluther
12-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Gomes had one good month. He was practically useless the second half. Our best option is to give Francisco a chance. The defense cant be any worse and the upside is there for a very productive year.

brm7675
12-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Gomes had one good month. He was practically useless the second half. Our best option is to give Francisco a chance. The defense cant be any worse and the upside is there for a very productive year.

Yes it could be worse, the boy is not ready for prime time, if you want him in LF, put him at AA for part of the season, then up to AAA for the rest and let him learn there. Also his swing still has a way to go on being ML ready...

Vottomatic
12-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Short memories on here. Austin Kearns had a bad attitude and worse work ethic. Was documented by the front office. That is why he was traded. They thought with Kearns gone maybe they could get through to Adam Dunn and improve his work ethic.

Neither happened and both are gone.

Get over it. They did themselves in.

foxfire123
12-21-2010, 10:08 AM
As much as I liked Austin, I agree with Vottomatic here. Austin had great talent, but the work ethic wasn't there I just don't think he'd ever mesh well with this team.

Gomes is sketchy as a player, but you gotta like that red neck attitude--that stare alone is enough to scare the hell out of me!

Pony Boy
12-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Picking up on the thread about the Yankees' need for starting pitching on ORG, I think that Brett Gardner would be a very good target for the Reds to replace Gomes. Gardner would finally fill the leadoff role with his .383 OBP and 47 stolen bases in 2010. Plus he is great defensively in left. That would give us the best defensive OF in baseball.

I think Gardner for Volquez straight-up is too much for the Reds to pay. If the Yanks were willing to throw in a couple of so so prospects to even the value I would jump on this deal. Maybe Volquez and Gomes could go to NYC in the deal.

Pony Boy
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Lets see Austin hit 20 HR's, drove in 98 only K'ed 78 times and hit .272 and we know can play a much better D, so exactly how is Gomes better?

Can you please tell me what having a blue coller means? I mean given Gomes had worse numbers last year then Austin and is costing us more, exactly how does a blue coller make up for it?

Your stats are wrong.
Kearns hit 10 HRs and hit .263 last year with a .746 OPS.
Gomes hit 18 HRs (in about 100 more ABs) and hit .266 last year with a .758 OPS.

Gomes' numbers were a little better.

I think you were thrown off by Kearns' splits between Cleveland and NY.

And I was kind of joking about Gomes being a red ass, but also kinda not. Whether you agree with it or not it factors into how teams value Gomes. He is looked at as a tough-as-nails competitor and a winner. Kearns seems like a wallflower.

DocRed
12-21-2010, 11:01 AM
I'd rather have neither.

Vottomatic
12-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Alot can be said for chemistry. Look what T.O. has done for the Bengals. Look beyond the stats.

Gomes is a good team chemistry guy. Liked by everyone on the team.

Kearns was a bit of a cancer.

I think we can do better than Gomes, but it better be alot better, or I'm not interested for the sake of ruining team chemistry.

bounty37h
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM

I gotta agree with this. I liked Kearns ok, but was over him quickly and dont want to go back to that. Would love it if Heisey turns out to be the LF'er we are looking for.

brm7675
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Short memories on here. Austin Kearns had a bad attitude and worse work ethic. Was documented by the front office. That is why he was traded. They thought with Kearns gone maybe they could get through to Adam Dunn and improve his work ethic.

Neither happened and both are gone.

Get over it. They did themselves in.

Different time, different team, different ownership and mag't. His numbers don't lie and to hold what a 'kid" did a number of years back against him today when he is clearly a better choice in LF then Gomes is.

brm7675
12-21-2010, 12:25 PM
As much as I liked Austin, I agree with Vottomatic here. Austin had great talent, but the work ethic wasn't there I just don't think he'd ever mesh well with this team.

Gomes is sketchy as a player, but you gotta like that red neck attitude--that stare alone is enough to scare the hell out of me!

Yea that red neck attitude and stare along with a buck will get you a cup of coffee at the local Speedway convient store. We are trying to improve our team...

brm7675
12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Alot can be said for chemistry. Look what T.O. has done for the Bengals. Look beyond the stats.

Gomes is a good team chemistry guy. Liked by everyone on the team.

Kearns was a bit of a cancer.

I think we can do better than Gomes, but it better be alot better, or I'm not interested for the sake of ruining team chemistry.

It's T.O's fault the Bengals bite?

What proof do you have that Kearns was a bit of a cancer?

Hondo
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
It's T.O's fault the Bengals bite?

What proof do you have that Kearns was a bit of a cancer?

Not that this has anything to do with Reds or Baseball, but the Bengals need to fire the Head Coach. Dude just cannot get it done and has had more than enough time to turn the team into a contender. He would have been fired anywhere else by now with this tenure.

will5979
12-21-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm going to laugh my arse off at all of you if Jonny Gomes has an outstanding 2011 hitting 25 hr and 90 rbis.

Hondo
12-21-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm going to laugh my arse off at all of you if Jonny Gomes has an outstanding 2011 hitting 25 hr and 90 rbis.

Hey I have said before and posted that I thought Gomes would Hit 30 Out in 2011, and probably drive in 80+ RBI again because he would have a couple seasons under his belt...

I just want the Reds to IMPROVE Short Stop...

Fine with Gomes in Left and Heisey as a late inning defensive sub...

Mutaman
12-21-2010, 10:12 PM
The Yankees thought so much of Kearns that he didn't even get an at bat during the 2010 post season and they made absolutely no effort to sign him for 2011. Jockety could have cared less about him- This organization is going forward not backward.

will5979
12-21-2010, 11:38 PM
The Yankees thought so much of Kearns that he didn't even get an at bat during the 2010 post season and they made absolutely no effort to sign him for 2011. Jockety could have cared less about him- This organization is going forward not backward.

Agreed, people need to get over Austin Kearns, not even a has-been, he is an over hyped never was, I do not miss this guy one bit, the only ones I have missed is Adam Dunn, I would say Hamilton but we wouldn't have Volquez if not for him. Lord could you only imagine this team with Dunn/Stubbs/Bruce in our lineup? And don't give me the lack of Dunn defense crap, he was a better LFer than Gomes.

Mutaman
12-22-2010, 01:57 AM
I don't want Dunn either--- I like winning.

will5979
12-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Yeah Heaven forbid we have a man that could be a legit cleanup hitter that is one of the most feared sluggers in the game that actually plays 162 games a year (cough cough Rolen).

brm7675
12-22-2010, 12:43 PM

But that is not his M.O., look at the back of his baseball card. Johnny is a great guy and a nice role player, he is not an everyday LF. Also, you can't tell me you don't get a bad feeling in teh pit of your stomach anytime a ball is hit to LF that isn't a routine fly ball...

brm7675
12-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey I have said before and posted that I thought Gomes would Hit 30 Out in 2011, and probably drive in 80+ RBI again because he would have a couple seasons under his belt...

I just want the Reds to IMPROVE Short Stop...

Fine with Gomes in Left and Heisey as a late inning defensive sub...

Your okay with having one of the worse LF in major league baseball last season as your everyday starting LF? Why?

brm7675
12-22-2010, 12:45 PM

Huh? Could you please explain/

TheBigLebowski
12-22-2010, 02:02 PM

Well, then what will you do if JG produces in 2011 like he did in every month last season save that one successful one?

I like JG...good guy to have on a roster but he is not a guy who should see regular PT in the NL. He could DH in the AL and be passable but his defensive exploits are just ridiculously bad.

I am hoping Heisey has a phenomenal spring and wins the job as it is clear now that we are not bringing in anyone from outside the org.

Just to touch on something mentioned earlier in this thread...someone bandied about the idea of dealing Volquez for Gardner straight up....although I would like to have Gardner on this team, if that deal were consummated, the idea that we basically flipped the best hitter in the AL for Brett Gardner makes me physically ill. I was an outspoken opponent of "The Trade," but that Volquez/Hamilton deal is the gift that just keeps on taking away. Hated that deal the day it was made and I hate it even more now.

Hondo
12-22-2010, 02:29 PM

The problem wasn't Dunn.

The problem was Griffey's health, and then...

Jimmy Haynes, Eric Milton, Joey Hamilton, Brian Reith, Josh Hall, Cory Lidle, Brandon Claussen, Ramon Ortiz, Elizardo Ramirez, Jason Johnson, Joe Mays, Dave Williams, Kyle Loshe, Jared Fernandez, Brian Moehler, Luke Hudson, & Danny Graves (as a Starter) tried in the Rotation.

Quit blaming Dunn.

Blood Red Path
12-22-2010, 02:47 PM
I was an outspoken opponent of "The Trade," but that Volquez/Hamilton deal is the gift that just keeps on taking away. Hated that deal the day it was made and I hate it even more now.

The gift that keeps on taking away?!?

Since the trade Hamilton has cost the Rangers- $323,217/WAR

While Volquez has cost the Reds- $228,125/WAR

^^^
Looking at that logic, it doesn't seem to me that the trade has been consistently taking away all that much. And then considering that if Volquez had been healthy enough to pitch entire seasons during the last two years those numbers would be even more heavily weighted in the Reds direction, than your argument appears to hold even less water.

What all of you delusional Hamilton supporters fail to realize is that you're gonna get the "second half of 2008/2009" Hamilton just as often as you're going to get the "first half of 2008/2010" Hamilton. And as he ages and the body that he has destroyed starts to deteriorate earlier than most elite Major Leaguers, the consistency of those struggles and injuries are going to increase, while the stretches of MVP-caliber play decrease. In a handful of years the Rangers or some other unlucky team are going to be lamenting the fact they gave this guy a huge longterm contract.

I will take a fully-rehabbed Volquez(probably the only guy in this current rotation who has the potential to be a true #1) over Hamilton. I would do the trade again in a heartbeat. We now have a guy in RF that(especially considering his new market-friendly longterm contract) will be much more valuable to this team over the next six years than Hamilton could be. Hamilton was expendable with Bruce coming along. Pitchers like Volquez are always a commodity no matter what you already have in-house.

Hondo
12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
The gift that keeps on taking away?!?

Since the trade Hamilton has cost the Rangers- $323,217/WAR

While Volquez has cost the Reds- $228,125/WAR

^^^
Looking at that logic, it doesn't seem to me that the trade has been consistently taking away all that much. And then considering that if Volquez had been healthy enough to pitch entire seasons during the last two years those numbers would be even more heavily weighted in the Reds direction, than your argument appears to hold even less water.

What all of you delusional Hamilton supporters fail to realize is that you're gonna get the "second half of 2008/2009" Hamilton just as often as you're going to get the "first half of 2008/2010" Hamilton. And as he ages and the body that he has destroyed starts to deteriorate earlier than most elite Major Leaguers, the consistency of those struggles and injuries are going to increase, while the stretches of MVP-caliber play decrease. In a handful of years the Rangers or some other unlucky team are going to be lamenting the fact they gave this guy a huge longterm contract.

I will take a fully-rehabbed Volquez(probably the only guy in this current rotation who has the potential to be a true #1) over Hamilton. I would do the trade again in a heartbeat. We now have a guy in RF that(especially considering his new market-friendly longterm contract) will be much more valuable to this team over the next six years than Hamilton could be. Hamilton was expendable with Bruce coming along. Pitchers like Volquez are always a commodity no matter what you already have in-house.

What are you talking about? You're comparing the WAR on the 2 players...

Look at the plain situation and production out of the 2 players...

Blood Red Path
12-22-2010, 03:36 PM
What are you talking about? You're comparing the WAR on the 2 players...

Look at the plain situation and production out of the 2 players...

You're coveniently missing everything else I pointed out...

It is tough to just compare the production when one guy has been-

Up-down-down-up-?

and the other has been-

Up-injured-rehab-?

You want to look at the situation?? The situation is this... we replaced Hamilton with an in-house option(Bruce) who will be cheaper and who I would bet my last dollar will be more consistently productive over the course of the next five or six years. And in exchange we got a guy who at worst is an above average mid-rotation starter, and at best is a TOR-type.

And all of this doesn't even take into account what may happen if a repeat of January '09 occurs, yet to a larger extent(something that is VERY, VERY possible despite that fact that all of you avid-Hamilton-lovers would never admit it).

Anyone who does not realize that this trade is one that "the jury is still out on", must be partaking in the same activities that set back Hamilton's career.

Hondo
12-22-2010, 09:57 PM
You're coveniently missing everything else I pointed out...

It is tough to just compare the production when one guy has been-

Up-down-down-up-?

and the other has been-

Up-injured-rehab-?

You want to look at the situation?? The situation is this... we replaced Hamilton with an in-house option(Bruce) who will be cheaper and who I would bet my last dollar will be more consistently productive over the course of the next five or six years. And in exchange we got a guy who at worst is an above average mid-rotation starter, and at best is a TOR-type.

And all of this doesn't even take into account what may happen if a repeat of January '09 occurs, yet to a larger extent(something that is VERY, VERY possible despite that fact that all of you avid-Hamilton-lovers would never admit it).

Anyone who does not realize that this trade is one that "the jury is still out on", must be partaking in the same activities that set back Hamilton's career.

Volquez can't find the strike zone and Hamilton came back and won a Batting Title and an MVP Award.

Volquez might win 15+ Games and post a 3.00+/- ERA next season but I doubt he will ever impose anything towards the other team as Hamilton does...

Volquez didnt pitch well against the Phillies and "good" pitching is supposed to beat "good" hitting...

Maybe he isn't that good after all.

Blood Red Path
12-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Volquez can't find the strike zone

Yes he walks alot of guys... he will probably always have a BB/9 =~ 4.5

As long as he maintains a K/9 =~ 9.5 (which I also believe he will) than I'm okay with that.

Quatitos
12-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Volquez can't find the strike zone and Hamilton came back and won a Batting Title and an MVP Award.

Volquez might win 15+ Games and post a 3.00+/- ERA next season but I doubt he will ever impose anything towards the other team as Hamilton does...

Volquez didnt pitch well against the Phillies and "good" pitching is supposed to beat "good" hitting...

I like this game, lets pick some bad things about one guy and good things about the other.

Then lets say oh well this guy might do this nice thing but I doubt he will have the same impact as the other guy

This guy did bad in this one game so that means he is not good, ignore the fact he had returned midseason from major surgery, he is just not good.

Josh Hamilton is just a tiny slip away from never playing in the major leagues and Volquez is young and has shown the ability to put up Cy Young numbers and showed some flashes of that greatness after returning from major surgery.

Oh well Josh might not relapse and could put up a couple more .900+ OPS seasons before his body gives out from the abuse he put it through but this won't compare to the great young career Volquez has before him.

With all of Hamilton's injuries the last two seasons and being out when the Rangers could have needed him the most at the end of the season (luckily their division sucked last year) you can really say that he is not a guy you can depend on to anchor your team.

Maybe he isn't that good after all :p:.

The arguments work both ways, just have to pick and choose random stats and place them into the template of this bad argument :p:. There is so much left to be seen for who wins this trade its not practical to try and choose a winner and loser yet. Right now the Rangers are ahead in the trade mostly due to the fact that Volquez missed so much time due to his injury and Hamilton probably had the best season of his career, but using that to say they are the clear cut winner just ignores the fact that these players still have a long career ahead of them and a lot of things can change in that time.

brm7675
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM

huh? Are we talking about the pitcher who had Tommy John surgery just this past offseason? dont you think some healing time and such is fair?

Hondo
12-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I like this game, lets pick some bad things about one guy and good things about the other.

Then lets say oh well this guy might do this nice thing but I doubt he will have the same impact as the other guy

This guy did bad in this one game so that means he is not good, ignore the fact he had returned midseason from major surgery, he is just not good.

Josh Hamilton is just a tiny slip away from never playing in the major leagues and Volquez is young and has shown the ability to put up Cy Young numbers and showed some flashes of that greatness after returning from major surgery.

Oh well Josh might not relapse and could put up a couple more .900+ OPS seasons before his body gives out from the abuse he put it through but this won't compare to the great young career Volquez has before him.

With all of Hamilton's injuries the last two seasons and being out when the Rangers could have needed him the most at the end of the season (luckily their division sucked last year) you can really say that he is not a guy you can depend on to anchor your team.

Maybe he isn't that good after all :p:.

The arguments work both ways, just have to pick and choose random stats and place them into the template of this bad argument :p:. There is so much left to be seen for who wins this trade its not practical to try and choose a winner and loser yet. Right now the Rangers are ahead in the trade mostly due to the fact that Volquez missed so much time due to his injury and Hamilton probably had the best season of his career, but using that to say they are the clear cut winner just ignores the fact that these players still have a long career ahead of them and a lot of things can change in that time.

Let me speak in layman's terms for you:

Hamilton 2 Good Seasons

Volquez 1 Good Season

Quatitos
12-23-2010, 08:16 PM

Hamilton 2 Good Seasons

Volquez 1 Good Season

Probably your best reasoning you have made yet, the math even adds up :). Since you seem inclined to not actually read what I write, I have said that Hamilton has had more success so far, but he is also more inclined to not have future success.

All I was pointing out, which you clearly didn't understand so I will try to make it simple and succinct, is that you were arguing for Hamilton being the better deal for the Rangers by saying that Volquez wasn't actually a good pitcher, which he most certainly is. His return last season, although bumpy, was very impressive for someone barely a year removed from major surgery. Hamilton has been better so far but he also has some serious issues with future health concerns which could cut short his career. Volquez has a very promising future and might (note I'm not using an absolute) outproduce Hamilton over their respective tenures with their teams.

If that was not simple enough, then let me put it this way:

There are many seasons left to be played, so try and show some patience.

Hondo
12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Probably your best reasoning you have made yet, the math even adds up :). Since you seem inclined to not actually read what I write, I have said that Hamilton has had more success so far, but he is also more inclined to not have future success.

All I was pointing out, which you clearly didn't understand so I will try to make it simple and succinct, is that you were arguing for Hamilton being the better deal for the Rangers by saying that Volquez wasn't actually a good pitcher, which he most certainly is. His return last season, although bumpy, was very impressive for someone barely a year removed from major surgery. Hamilton has been better so far but he also has some serious issues with future health concerns which could cut short his career. Volquez has a very promising future and might (note I'm not using an absolute) outproduce Hamilton over their respective tenures with their teams.

If that was not simple enough, then let me put it this way:

There are many seasons left to be played, so try and show some patience.

Dude, you're so wrong on the Volquez vs. Hamilton Trade...

That Trade was lopsided the Day of the trade based on performance.

END OF DEBATE.

Quatitos
12-23-2010, 11:43 PM

END OF DEBATE.

I'm glad you and your vast knowledge of the future can declare that this trade will always be a loss for the Reds. I can sleep soundly now knowing that you have not yet predicted the end of the world :rolleyes:

brm7675
12-24-2010, 12:06 PM

Hamilton 2 Good Seasons

Volquez 1 Good Season

Who had major surgery and who didn't? Also do you really think Hamilton who has had numerous injury issues will continue to post these numbers long term? Would i like having Hamilton, sure, but at the time we made a move that improved our team and traded away a player with an extremely questionable future for a good young pitcher, i would still make that move today with the info we had at the time.

brm7675
12-24-2010, 12:07 PM

END OF DEBATE.

How was it lopsided? Do you know the History of Hamilton? You can not tell me that at the time of the trade you knew for 100% that hamilton would be where he is now given his past, there is no way you or anyone could know.

Hondo
12-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm glad you and your vast knowledge of the future can declare that this trade will always be a loss for the Reds. I can sleep soundly now knowing that you have not yet predicted the end of the world :rolleyes:

Dude, are you even reading what you are typing?

Ditto I guess is my reply...

I could say the same thing to you...

Difference is I have history on my side...

2 Good Seasons to 1

What makes you think the trend is going to change? Wait? Is it your vast knowledge of the future that can declare that this will always be a loss for the Rangers?

Go fly a Kite! :bash:

Hondo
12-24-2010, 01:53 PM
How was it lopsided? Do you know the History of Hamilton? You can not tell me that at the time of the trade you knew for 100% that hamilton would be where he is now given his past, there is no way you or anyone could know.

Dude hit 19 Home Runs and hit .270 after being out of Baseball for 5 years...

Based on EV's stats to that point. The Reds got Hosed. Even I ate crow when he won 17 Games...

To Date:

Hamilton: 2 Good Seasons + MVP + 3 All-Star Games

Volquez: 1 Good Season + Tommy John + 1 All-Star Games

bounty37h
01-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Who had major surgery and who didn't? Also do you really think Hamilton who has had numerous injury issues will continue to post these numbers long term? Would i like having Hamilton, sure, but at the time we made a move that improved our team and traded away a player with an extremely questionable future for a good young pitcher, i would still make that move today with the info we had at the time.

Doesn't really justify your arguement to point out who had "major surgery", then use past injuries to dismiss the other player. And to those saying Hammy could have a relapse, cant Vol decide to "have another kid :rolleyes:" and use his magic pills again too?
The trade is done so it doesnt even really matter at this point, I am happy with who we have and look forward to next season with who/what we have.

Krawhitham
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Your stats are wrong.
Kearns hit 10 HRs and hit .263 last year with a .746 OPS.
Gomes hit 18 HRs (in about 100 more ABs) and hit .266 last year with a .758 OPS.

Gomes' numbers were a little better.

I think you were thrown off by Kearns' splits between Cleveland and NY.

You would give up a little offense but you would gain a good fielder with a canon for an arm

Krawhitham
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Dude hit 19 Home Runs and hit .270 after being out of Baseball for 5 years...

Based on EV's stats to that point. The Reds got Hosed. Even I ate crow when he won 17 Games...

To Date:

Hamilton: 2 Good Seasons + MVP + 3 All-Star Games

Volquez: 1 Good Season + Tommy John + 1 All-Star Games

Volquez had 2 good months, 1 OK month, & 3 bad months in his good season

no one in the NL had seen him before, when facing teams a 2nd time he got rocked

April 1.23 ERA
May 1.62 ERA
June 3.45 ERA
July 4.54 ERA
August 4.50 ERA
September 4.09 ERA

Hondo
01-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Volquez had 2 good months, 1 OK month, & 3 bad months in his good season

no one in the NL had seen him before, when facing teams a 2nd time he got rocked

April 1.23 ERA
May 1.62 ERA
June 3.45 ERA
July 4.54 ERA
August 4.50 ERA
September 4.09 ERA

Thank Goodness 1 person is on my side...

George Foster
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM

Plus it's good to have a blue-collar red ass on the team. Gomes in the club house is worth is weight in gold. Kearns....not so much.

brm7675
01-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Gomes in the club house is worth is weight in gold. Kearns....not so much.

Really?