PDA

View Full Version : Votto article link ( a must read)

Topcat
12-22-2010, 05:46 AM
http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/othersports/2010/12/21/16635366.html

I am linking this and want all Red's fans to read this. I am not sure of a copy and paste so I am doing it this way.

Topcat
12-22-2010, 05:53 AM
I also would like to add this is why I truly believe Joey V can and will be signed long term as a RED. Fair value contract at in my opinion a decent home town discount will keep Joey V a red for many years to come.

kpresidente
12-22-2010, 10:01 AM
What about that article makes you think that? If anything, I'd be concerned about this quote:

"I walk around everywhere and people recognize me and that's a tremendous complement. But if I can handle Cincinnati, I think I can handle the other cities."

Seems to me like he's putting some thought into what life might be like in "other cities."

HeatherC1212
12-22-2010, 10:35 AM
He might have been referring to this quote:

"There's some people that really want to be recognized and be known and want the attention. I'm not one of those guys."

I have no idea what's going to happen with Joey as far as long term with the Reds (I'd love to see him be a lifetime Red) but I really liked that article and I'm happy that he won another award. Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbup:

The Voice of IH
12-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I am seeing a Ken Griffy Jr. type thing going on. He will sign with the Reds for a long term (6 years) and then at the end be traded to Toronto to play out his remaining career.

wheels
12-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Joey seems to be a guy that says exactly what's on his mind. I don't think he's the type to drop hints or take subtle jabs. I don't think there's any need to read between the lines, and I really respect that.

He also seems to be something of a red-assed potty mouth, which puts him solidly in the upper stratosphere as far as the type of guy I like to root for. He hates that other team, and it's fun to watch.

My gut feeling: long term, if not life long Cincinnati Red. Even if he isn't, he'll always be one of my guys.

RFS62
12-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Joey seems to be a guy that says exactly what's on his mind. I don't think he's the type to drop hints or take subtle jabs. I don't think there's any need to read between the lines, and I really respect that.

He also seems to be something of a red-assed potty mouth, which puts him solidly in the upper stratosphere as far as the type of guy I like to root for. He hates that other team, and it's fun to watch.

My gut feeling: long term, if not life long Cincinnati Red. Even if he isn't, he'll always be one of my guys.

I agree with all of this.

Great article, Topcat. Thanks for posting it.

:beerme: