PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan - Can it get any worse?

edabbs44
12-22-2010, 01:09 PM
CHICAGO -- A day after a series of bizarre foot-fetish videos were made widely available featuring a woman who looks like the wife of Rex Ryan, the Jets coach dodged questions on the matter today, saying the issue is a "personal matter."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jets_coach_rex_ryan_calls_foot_fetish_VNMWJht3G1Kq XkKcXLevVJ

Blimpie
12-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Okay, that article is about the creepiest thing I have read in a while.

Makes texting pictures of your junk to a reporter seem tame by comparison.

blumj
12-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Hysterical, but harmless.

Chip R
12-23-2010, 10:42 AM
While I despise the Jets, I don't see the big deal about this. However, if you are going to coach/play in a big city like NYC and cultivate the media like he does, then you shouldn't be surprised when something like this happens and try to brush it aside.

Sea Ray
12-23-2010, 10:57 AM
More alarming is that the police officer sure sounds like Rex so it's likely he was a participant in all of this.

He is not handling this properly. He ought to explain it all and put it to bed. In NY this will fester. As to whether it'll ultimately bring him down, it all kind of depends on how the Jets do.

One thing's for sure, we haven't heard the last of it

blumj
12-23-2010, 11:12 AM
More alarming is that the police officer sure sounds like Rex so it's likely he was a participant in all of this.

He is not handling this properly. He ought to explain it all and put it to bed. In NY this will fester. As to whether it'll ultimately bring him down, it all kind of depends on how the Jets do.

How is it worse that he's a participant, when the other participant is his wife? And what is he supposed to say to explain it that isn't obvious?

Chip R
12-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Rex obviously knows the agony of de-feet. :D

blumj
12-23-2010, 02:58 PM

Can't really blame the man for being intrigued by feet, it must be decades since he's been able to see his own.

RedFanAlways1966
12-23-2010, 03:04 PM
You guys are killin' me. Keep 'em coming! :bowrofl:

Razor Shines
12-23-2010, 04:22 PM

I don't really see what there is to explain. It's odd, sure, but who cares?

The only thing I don't understand is why did they put them on the internet? I could have gone my whole life without knowing that Rex Ryan enjoys foot fetish stuff with his wife and been fine.

WMR
12-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Now we know why Rex kicks all the coaches out of his office whenever "Dancing with the Stars" comes on.....

dabvu2498
12-23-2010, 06:39 PM
You know who else is into weird stuff that you'd be shocked to know about?

Literally everyone else on the planet.

Let it die already.

Chip R
12-23-2010, 07:09 PM
The Chicago Tribune is having some fun with this too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chicago-Tribune-publishes-Rex-Ryan-story-in-shap;_ylt=Al6XePfJzD5DdD.pswYoPYg5nYcB?urn=nfl-299788

GAC
12-24-2010, 08:00 AM

Ryan's known for putting his own foot in his mouth.... so why not his wife's? :p:

Roy Tucker
12-24-2010, 01:06 PM
There is all kinds of stuff out there that if one is so inclined, then have at it. Its not my cup o' tea but its also none of my business.

But if you're an NFL coach, its a particularly bad idea to put stuff like that online that can get traced back to you.

kaldaniels
12-25-2010, 11:59 PM
You know who else is into weird stuff that you'd be shocked to know about?

Literally everyone else on the planet.

Let it die already.

Nah...no one is being too mean-spirited about this...mostly just playful jabs...which the guy deserves if he is posting it online for the world to see.

Can't wait to see the Bears' fans let him have it tomorrow. :D

BearcatShane
12-26-2010, 01:15 AM
I find it hilarious. Its not a big deal though, people are like this everywhere with one thing or another.

Sea Ray
12-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I don't really see what there is to explain. It's odd, sure, but who cares?

The only thing I don't understand is why did they put them on the internet? I could have gone my whole life without knowing that Rex Ryan enjoys foot fetish stuff with his wife and been fine.

There's been talk that this video was put out so they could get other couples involved in threesomes and other non traditional sexual situations for married folks. This would not look good for the NFL to have its NY based coach involved in such stuff. That's why this might be a big deal.

BearcatShane
12-27-2010, 08:31 PM
There's been talk that this video was put out so they could get other couples involved in threesomes and other non traditional sexual situations for married folks. This would not look good for the NFL to have its NY based coach involved in such stuff. That's why this might be a big deal.

Is that really that bad though? A little strange but your into what your into.

Sea Ray
12-28-2010, 08:11 AM

That's not the type of image any company who is very visible to the public wants to project

Roy Tucker
12-28-2010, 09:01 AM

On the full spectrum of kinks, its probably more towards the mild end.

But like Sea Ray said, that ain't nowhere close the kind of image you want a leader in your organization to portray.

dabvu2498
01-14-2011, 07:09 AM
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=47321&pcid=82

I have no idea how he did this with a straight face.

I now love Wes Welker.

The condensed version: http://deadspin.com/5732917/wes-welker-makes-11-references-to-feet-in-one-press-conference?skyline=true&s=i

RedFanAlways1966
01-14-2011, 07:11 AM
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=47321&pcid=82

I now love Wes Welker.

Mike-and-Mike played it a few times this morning. Awesome! :thumbup:

hebroncougar
01-14-2011, 09:35 AM

I now love Wes Welker.

The condensed version: http://deadspin.com/5732917/wes-welker-makes-11-references-to-feet-in-one-press-conference?skyline=true&s=i

+100. I'm dropping the Bengals, and am now a Belicheck-Welker-Brady fan. This is freaking awesome.

MWM
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
This group of Jets from top to bottom is one of the least likable group of guys I can remember ever in sports. It would certainly take a lot for me to root for Belicheck and the Pats, but I think we found something that will.

New York Red
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Say what you want about Rex Ryan, but he has quickly put the Jets back in the public eye. There was rarely a mention of the Jets here in upstate NY before Ryan got the job. Now they are constantly in the news. Even in the NYC papers they didn't get any love before, not compared to the Giants. Today there's a 16-page special section in The Post, just for coverage of the Pats/Jets game Sunday. I hope the Pats beat them as badly as they did last month. I've sort of become a closet Patriots fan since moving here in 2006. All of their games are televised here and they are a really fun team to watch. And their fans don't annoy me the way Yankees, Giants and Red Sox fans do.

I've watched Welker's comments a few times this morning. It doesn't get any better than that. He must have had a list of foot references typed up beforehand, and knew exactly how he was going to use them. No way he did that on the fly. And never cracked even a hint of a smile or smirk. Once he got out of sight/sound of reporters and cameras I bet he busted a gut laughing so hard.

Kingspoint
01-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes.

See: Marv Albert.

kaldaniels
01-16-2011, 07:53 PM
So what is the headline tomorrow..."Foot in Mouth", with picture of Welker?

/too easy?

MikeThierry
01-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I actually like the Jets and Rex Ryan. They have a swagger that I can appreciate.

redsfandan
01-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Bart Scott: "... they can't stop a nosebleed...''

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6028527

Funny stuff.

New York Red
01-17-2011, 11:38 AM

/too easy?
I picked up a copy this morning. Front page photo of Ellis straddling Brady.

Top headline: PAT DOWN

Bottom headline: Jets Slam Brady's Junk

LOL ... the Post doesn't hold back with it's sports headlines.

Oxblood
01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
+100. I'm dropping the Bengals, and am now a Belicheck-Welker-Brady fan. This is freaking awesome.

How's your new fandom working out for you?

blumj
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
How's your new fandom working out for you?
Doesn't matter, we're kicking him since he's obviously a jinx. ;)

Oxblood
01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Doesn't matter, we're kicking him since he's obviously a jinx. ;)
Lol

Brutus
01-17-2011, 09:38 PM

/too easy?

I was hoping for, "Ryan Gets Last Laugh in Football Game"

The Operator
01-17-2011, 10:26 PM
In my opinion, the fact that The Jets ended up winning doesn't really make what Welker said any less funny.

The Jets are a bunch of mouthy guys and their coach probably has the biggest mouth of them all. Even if they end up winning the Super Bowl I'll still think they're a loathe-able bunch.

Rexy should learn that if you like to run your mouth, people are going to be extra mean when something embarrassing such as foot fetish tapes surface about you. It's to be expected.

RedFanAlways1966
01-18-2011, 06:46 AM
The Jets are a bunch of mouthy guys and their coach probably has the biggest mouth of them all. Even if they end up winning the Super Bowl I'll still think they're a loathe-able bunch.

Cannot agree more. Shut the hell up and play the game. You have a very good team... grow up and act like men (or as Paul Brown used to say, "Act like you have been there before.") I am not sure when acting like a punk become a popular thing, but I do not like it. Perhaps I am just old (or mature)?

I root for the Jets to lose every game. Because they act like immature punks... from the head coach to the conditioning/strength coach. And of course not all of their players act this way, but they get dragged down into the punk-hole b/c of their teammates and coach.

NJReds
01-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Rexy should learn that if you like to run your mouth, people are going to be extra mean when something embarrassing such as foot fetish tapes surface about you. It's to be expected.

I really don't think Rex cares about what people say about him. He went hard after New England and it go in their heads. Welker ends up getting pulled for the first series and Branch (who did nothing all day) spent more time jawing at the Jets bench than in the huddle.

This week the Jets are doing nothing but throwing bouquets at Pittsburgh talking about how great they are, even though a couple of Steelers already have talked about how they were rooting for the Jets to beat NE.

pedro
01-18-2011, 05:11 PM
The way the Jets act is a microcosm of why I don't really like football all that much.

I think all the chest thumping macho BS is stupid.

BearcatShane
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Absolutely love Rex Ryan and the Jets. There's nothing like talking trash and saying your gonna beat another team down, and then doing just that. I hope the Jets win next week and Rex and his players have a field day at the Super Bowl media day.

traderumor
01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Absolutely love Rex Ryan and the Jets. There's nothing like talking trash and saying your gonna beat another team down, and then doing just that. I hope the Jets win next week and Rex and his players have a field day at the Super Bowl media day.I prefer good sportsmanship and winning/losing with grace.

bucksfan2
01-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I prefer good sportsmanship and winning/losing with grace.

The Pats sure didn't lose with grace. Deion Branch was crying a river the moment they lost.

Chip R
01-19-2011, 09:57 AM
I despise the Jets and have even before Rex was head coach. I normally wouldn't have any problems with PIT winning but what Roethlisberger did was reprehensible and I hate to see good things happen to him.

That said, Rex is good for the NFL. In a league devoted to blandness and homogeny he certainly stands out. He's like the classic wrestling heel in that he doesn't care about being loved and all he is interested in is getting a reaction and winning.

gonelong
01-19-2011, 03:06 PM
That said, Rex is good for the NFL. In a league devoted to blandness and homogeny he certainly stands out. He's like the classic wrestling heel in that he doesn't care about being loved and all he is interested in is getting a reaction and winning.

A thousand times yes.

GL

traderumor
01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
I despise the Jets and have even before Rex was head coach. I normally wouldn't have any problems with PIT winning but what Roethlisberger did was reprehensible and I hate to see good things happen to him.

That said, Rex is good for the NFL. In a league devoted to blandness and homogeny he certainly stands out. He's like the classic wrestling heel in that he doesn't care about being loved and all he is interested in is getting a reaction and winning.Its more like megalomaniac behavior. That's not something I admire.

Chip R
01-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Its more like megalomaniac behavior. That's not something I admire.

He's a football coach, not a politician.

Chip R
01-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Its more like megalomaniac behavior. That's not something I admire.

He's a football coach, not a politician.

NJReds
01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
You can hate Rex Ryan and his tactics, but there's no doubt he took a franchise with more of a history for losing than winning and has made them the talk of the town where they were once considered a punchline, and taken them to two consecutive AFC Championship games with a rookie QB.

I'm not a Jets fan, and I get tired of all of the Rex talk. But he has produced results in a very difficult situation.

traderumor
01-21-2011, 06:40 PM
He's a football coach, not a politician.Professionalism, sportsmanship, and graciousness are not a part of being a football coach? Obnoxious is not a style, it is a flaw. But, the law of sowing and reaping will take care of it eventually.

Chip R
01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Professionalism, sportsmanship, and graciousness are not a part of being a football coach? Obnoxious is not a style, it is a flaw. But, the law of sowing and reaping will take care of it eventually.

I don't like the guy any more than you do but he's just a football coach.

Eric_the_Red
01-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't like the guy any more than you do but he's just a football coach.

Just a football coach, just a grocery store clerk, just a taxi driver, just an accountant, just a mechanic, just a teacher, just a student.....who cares? Act like a decent human being, and learn a little humility.

traderumor
01-22-2011, 06:47 PM
;)
Just a football coach, just a grocery store clerk, just a taxi driver, just an accountant, just a mechanic, just a teacher, just a student.....who cares? Act like a decent human being, and learn a little humility.yep...cue Sesame Street "These are the people in your neighborhood"

Revering4Blue
01-22-2011, 07:05 PM
;)yep...cue Sesame Street "These are the people in your neighborhood"

YouTube - Sesame Street: People in Your Neighborhood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bbnlZwlGQ)

traderumor
01-22-2011, 07:08 PM
YouTube - Sesame Street: People in Your Neighborhood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bbnlZwlGQ)
What about the podiatrist? The pedicurist? :evil:

The Operator
01-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Just a football coach, just a grocery store clerk, just a taxi driver, just an accountant, just a mechanic, just a teacher, just a student.....who cares? Act like a decent human being, and learn a little humility.That's how I feel.

traderumor
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
While there is still a half to play, running your mouth like Ryan and Jets do is all fun and games until you get your brains beat in on the field. Then you just sound like a little yappy chihuahua.

Rojo
01-24-2011, 04:53 PM
what Roethlisberger did was reprehensible and I hate to see good things happen to him.

Yep. And that's quite a contrast to Ryan's shenanigans which are entirely harmless.

Listening to Phil Simms talk about how Roethlisberger seems happier, calmer, etc...after his suspension was pretty damn gross. "Gee, I'm glad to hear he's recovered from his slap on the wrist." Barf.