PDA

View Full Version : For those opposed to signing Edgar Renteria

NorrisHopper30
12-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Don't you think it'd be a great idea to sign him then have Rolen, Renteria, BP, Votto in the infield with Janish starting twice or three times a week behind Rolen/Renteria?

Rolen needs more than just every Sunday off if we want him for a late playoff push or in the playoffs at all and I wouldn't be surprised if he got two days off a week in some weeks.

So that's one or two games a week for Janish to start as well as the one to two days off a month that Renteria would need and one or two days a month for Phillips as well.

I know Janish wouldn't like it, but I think if you tell him he's going to start two or three times a week he could suck it up for one more year and keep being productive in his role.

As for Renteria, I support signing him as he is a decent hitter and I believe ~330-340 OBP, and a decent fielder as well. We all know as well that he is a great player late in the season and has tons of experience on winning teams.

What do you all think?

Krawhitham
12-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Don't you think it'd be a great idea to sign him then have Rolen, Renteria, BP, Votto in the infield with Janish starting twice or three times a week behind Rolen/Renteria?

No

NorrisHopper30
12-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Any reason why?

goreds2
12-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I would not mind signing him as long as we don't break the bank.

fewfirstchoice
12-26-2010, 09:34 PM
A 1 yr deal in the 1-2 million a yr deal would be great.

12-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Reneria wants to play everyday and get paid like a regular. He already turned down a chance to be a backup for around $1M for the Giants.