PDA

View Full Version : Offseason longest ever?

will5979
12-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys but it feels like this offseason has been the longest ever and Spring is an eternity away. My dad bought me the Reds moments DVD for Christmas and after watching it today I became depressed for 2 reasons, 1. wishing they would have waited just one more year to make it so 2010 could have been included and 2. I looked outside, saw snow, and began dreaming of opening day in the spring. I don't even care about football this year, 2010 was so awesome that I've been more ready than I have been in 10 years to watch Reds baseball, I can't wait! Winter is depressing!

arkimadee
12-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Amen! It's different from any other sport because you go from getting a game almost every day to getting nothing for 5 months. It will be back before you know it. One good thing is that the final month atleast has the NCAA tournament. It always makes for a smooth transition to baseball for me. I am craving warm weather and ballpark food though.

Tadasimha
12-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm in the mood for watching baseball and playing baseball already! I've actually been following the new Australian Baseball League this offseason just to have some standings to keep track of. Been to the batting cages a couple of times too!

Still, I'm ready for pitchers and catchers to report!

mroby85
12-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I couldn't agree more. I think a combination of the Reds making the playoffs, and being really good last season, and the Bengals being terrible makes the offseason seem like it drags on even more. Can't wait for April at this point.

will5979
12-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Amen! It's different from any other sport because you go from getting a game almost every day to getting nothing for 5 months. It will be back before you know it. One good thing is that the final month atleast has the NCAA tournament. It always makes for a smooth transition to baseball for me. I am craving warm weather and ballpark food though.

Well I have a minor problem, I hate basketball! The only sporting event I will be watching between now and then will be the Champ Sports Bowl tomorrow night cause I'm a WVU die hard, and the Daytona 500, I doubt I'll even watch the Super Bowl considering as how I have zero NFL interest this year due to the Bengals sucking major ass.

mlh1981
12-27-2010, 04:55 PM
With the Bengals wrapping up, I'll kinda get into the Blue Jackets for awhile, but neither of those teams are any sort of replacement for Reds baseball.

mroby85
12-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Well I have a minor problem, I hate basketball! The only sporting event I will be watching between now and then will be the Champ Sports Bowl tomorrow night cause I'm a WVU die hard, and the Daytona 500, I doubt I'll even watch the Super Bowl considering as how I have zero NFL interest this year due to the Bengals sucking major ass.

I feel your pain on not being a bball fan. I've even tried to watch it and get into it and it just don't happen. I've probably watched more this year than ever since 8th grade because of the Miami Heat, but its just not the same as Baseball or Football.