PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions - NL Teams

HeatherC1212
12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't know if anyone saw this yet but SI author Cliff Corcoran did a list of New Year's resolutions for all the NL teams (he did this for the AL too) and I thought it was a decent read. I can't argue with what he said about the Reds and I hope they find a way to do it. :thumbup:

Reds part:

The Cincinnati Reds resolve to keep their core together. The Reds won the NL Central this year with a good young team that should make life difficult for the rest of the division for years to come, provided ownership is willing to make financial commitments to the team's core players. They're off to a decent start with a reasonably-priced six-year extension for right fielder Jay Bruce and, yes, a three-year deal for innings eater Bronson Arroyo, but All-Star second baseman Brandon Phillips is entering his walk year, and NL MVP Joey Votto and rotation stalwarts Johnny Cueto and Edinson Volquez are all arbitration eligible for the first time this winter (as was Bruce). After a decade and a half in the wilderness, the Reds finally have a team that could be -- in fact, should be -- a perennial contender. The organization owes it to its fans to keep that team together.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/cliff_corcoran/12/28/nl.resolutions/index.html#ixzz19WAB4r1d