PDA

View Full Version : Can the Reds Counter Greinke with Chapman?

The Voice of IH
01-02-2011, 02:53 PM
If the reds add Chapman to the starting lineup, Would you consider it an even counter to the Brewer acquisition? Who would have the better rotation?

kaldaniels
01-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't count on Aroldis to provide a season's worth of starting pitching at this stage.

alexad
01-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Why are we so worried about Greinke? He has way too many issues. Beside the Brewers gave up their entire starting middle just to get him. No defense behind him will eat him alive.

TheNext44
01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I just want Chapman starting, in Cincy or Louisville. While I'm worried about Greinke, its more because the Reds have to face him 3-4 times a season.

muddie
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I think this board has been way too preoccupied with Greinke for too long...for nothing. But then again, it is winter and things get really slow...

Brutus
01-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Why are we so worried about Greinke? He has way too many issues. Beside the Brewers gave up their entire starting middle just to get him. No defense behind him will eat him alive.

He had issues and no defense in KC. Dude still put up some really good numbers.

We're worried about Greinke because he's a great pitcher. If I'm Milwaukee, I'd rather have Greinke pitching with a bad defense than Jeff Suppan pitching with a bad defense.

traderumor
01-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I think this board has been way too preoccupied with Greinke for too long...for nothing. But then again, it is winter and things get really slow...That tends to happen around here...heck, Mark Bellhorn was an obsession for more than one offseason when OBP was the new stat toy.

The Voice of IH
01-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Greinke puts the Brewers, many feel, as the favorite to win the Central next year, I think we should worry a little.

kaldaniels
01-02-2011, 07:57 PM
That tends to happen around here...heck, Mark Bellhorn was an obsession for more than one offseason when OBP was the new stat toy.

Sorry, but you are sure you are aware of who Zach Greinke is? :D