PDA

View Full Version : trade deadline?

R_Webb18
01-03-2011, 02:50 AM
am i the only glad the reds didnt make any crazy moves at this point? reason well b/c before the season starts every team in the league thinks they have a shot. but towards the trade deadline you will clearly no ur out if ur down 10 games or so. imo we should be fine up to that point and if we need to upgrade maybe we can get a better deal when some teams realize there out and wanna start over.

just a thought

Vottomatic
01-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Am I the only [one] glad the reds didnt make any crazy moves at this point? Reason? Well b/c before the season starts, every team in the league thinks they have a shot. But towards the trade deadline you will clearly know ur out if ur down 10 games or so. Imo we should be fine up to that point. And if we need to upgrade, maybe we can get a better deal when some teams realize they're out and wanna start over.

Just a thought[/QUOTE]

There. Fixed it for ya.

R_Webb18
01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Am I the only [one] glad the reds didnt make any crazy moves at this point? Reason? Well b/c before the season starts, every team in the league thinks they have a shot. But towards the trade deadline you will clearly know ur out if ur down 10 games or so. Imo we should be fine up to that point. And if we need to upgrade, maybe we can get a better deal when some teams realize they're out and wanna start over.

Just a thought

There. Fixed it for ya.[/QUOTE]

my bad kinda rushed and was late

wlf WV
01-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes and no.We cannot afford to overpay,but we have needs and valuable surpluses.It seems that most deals done in July bring top dollar and boot.

nmculbreth
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I've never subscribed to this theory.

While I understand the value of adding a missing piece at the deadline, it makes very little sense to wait until the trade deadline to address obvious / pressing needs. By the time you read the deadline half of the season is already over and as a result you're not going to get the same impact as you would had you addressed the need prior to opening day. I'm fine with adding an extra bullpen arm or a bat off of the bench, but waiting to upgrade SS or add a legitimate lead off hitter is a bad idea.

Hondo
01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah its clearly awesome that after making the playoffs in 2010 for the first time since 1995... The Front Office didn't address one weakness on the Roster... They should be embarrassed...

And I am not talking about making a move for the sake of making a move...

Team Needs:

Lead Off Hitter
SS
Defensive Left Fielder
Quality Left hander in the Bull Pen
Long Man in the Bull Pen
Left handed bat off the Bench

Off season moves to address these needs so far...

Resigned Ramon Hernadez to a 3 Million Dollar, 1 year Contract.
Resigned and gave a 100% raise to Miguel Cairo to a 2 year Contract.
Signed LHP Dontrelle Wills to a Minor League Contract.
Signed OF Jermey Hermida to a Minor League Contract.

brm7675
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah its clearly awesome that after making the playoffs in 2010 for the first time since 1995... The Front Office didn't address one weakness on the Roster... They should be embarrassed...

And I am not talking about making a move for the sake of making a move...

Team Needs:

Lead Off Hitter
SS
Defensive Left Fielder
Quality Left hander in the Bull Pen
Long Man in the Bull Pen
Left handed bat off the Bench

Off season moves to address these needs so far...

Resigned Ramon Hernadez to a 3 Million Dollar, 1 year Contract.
Resigned and gave a 100% raise to Miguel Cairo to a 2 year Contract.
Signed LHP Dontrelle Wills to a Minor League Contract.
Signed OF Jermey Hermida to a Minor League Contract.

A) we still have a long way to go before opening day.
B) There is no issue at SS, weather you are willing to admit it or not.
C) Bray/Chapman are you LF out of the pen
D) Watch for it to be either Bailey or Wood
E) I think they see it being one of the guys they just signed.

Vottomatic
01-09-2011, 03:20 PM
A) We still have a long way to go before opening day.
B) There is no issue at SS, whether you are willing to admit it or not.
C) Bray/Chapman are your LHer out of the pen
D) Watch for it to be either Bailey or Wood
E) I think they see it being one of the guys they just signed.

There. I fixed it for ya.

Brisco
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
There. I fixed it for ya.

Why is this ridiculous editing necessary?

This is a blog that folks visit for entertainment value... as long as we can understand the poster, I see no reason for the arrogant editing.