PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next former Card to join the Reds...

brm7675
01-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Lets see...Walt has a desire to bring back all his former Cards to play for the Reds. We are up to what like 6 or 7 former Cards he has tried to recycle with only 1 panning out (Rolen). So my question to all the great baseball minds out there, what former Card is out there (either FA or heck even retired) that Walt can sign and bring on board with the Reds?

Hondo
01-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Lets see...Walt has a desire to bring back all his former Cards to play for the Reds. We are up to what like 6 or 7 former Cards he has tried to recycle with only 1 panning out (Rolen). So my question to all the great baseball minds out there, what former Card is out there (either FA or heck even retired) that Walt can sign and bring on board with the Reds?

It is actually kind of Irritating to me that he acquired all these players during their PRIME years with St. Louis, and now instead of getting players in their PRIMES for Cincinnati... NOW...

He is acquiring these guys past their PRIMES...

I mean, what if he was getting the 2011 Equivalent to Jim Edmonds, Scott Rolen, and Edgar Renteria NOW...

This team would be AWESOME...

Instead, its like Bummer...

brm7675
01-06-2011, 07:41 PM
It is actually kind of Irritating to me that he acquired all these players during their PRIME years with St. Louis, and now instead of getting players in their PRIMES for Cincinnati... NOW...

He is acquiring these guys past their PRIMES...

I mean, what if he was getting the 2011 Equivalent to Jim Edmonds, Scott Rolen, and Edgar Renteria NOW...

This team would be AWESOME...

Instead, its like Bummer...

He has got lucky on 1 and that is not good odds..

redsfanmia
01-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I would say the improvement in Jay Bruce from working with Edmonds make that acquisition a win.

Hondo
01-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I would say the improvement in Jay Bruce from working with Edmonds make that acquisition a win.

I don't mind Edmonds coming over on the Bench...

I am talking about adding some Elite guys like back in the day with St.Louis, why can't the Ownership make those commitments for the Reds.

MikeThierry
01-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Do you think Kent Bottenfield and Stubby Clapp are available?

AintlifeGrande
01-06-2011, 09:34 PM

This thread has the air of criticizing Jocketty.

webbbj
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
i think they could put ray lankford in LF

MikeThierry
01-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Do you think Ron Gant or Brian Jordan will come out of retirement?

RedsLvr
01-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Do you think the Jocketty critics will complain again next offseason after another playoff appearance?

Nathan
01-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Do you think the Jocketty critics will complain again next offseason after another playoff appearance?

Yup. It's funny how everyone criticizes even when the finish product is success.

BurgervilleBuck
01-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I am talking about adding some Elite guys like back in the day with St.Louis
I'm sure Walt will handle that as soon as the time machine is invented.

mroby85
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm sure Walt will handle that as soon as the time machine is invented.

Or maybe the Cardinals will grab another former Red, eg: Dennys Reyes, Jason Larue, Ryan Franklin, Kyle Lohse, Aaron Miles, etc.

It's funny how they're both switching a lot of parts, and even though the players the Reds are picking up who used to be on that cardinals team are old, they still won the division over St. Louis. Who else has Jocketty brought outside of Rolen, and Edmonds? Also, Rolen has worked out very well outside of missing Edwin Encarnacion terribly, because he's going to be a stud some day :rolleyes:
Also Chris Dickerson will someday be great, and they will regret the Edmonds trade!
Paul Janish will someday be great, and they will regret signing Edgar Renteria!

I've got my $ on Jocketty, just sayin.

RedLegsToday
01-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe Albert will be next...

...in 2020 :)

brm7675
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM
This thread has the air of criticizing Jocketty.

Not at all, it's just asking a simple question, given that Walt has already signed up to I believe maybe 6 former aging Cards to the Reds, that to me is a pattern. So what other former aging Cards might Walt target?

brm7675
01-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Yup. It's funny how everyone criticizes even when the finish product is success.

Success is a WS title, nothing less...

New York Red
01-07-2011, 02:32 PM
We could use Lou Brock in the leadoff spot, and maybe Bob Gibson on the hill every fourth day. Might as well bring in Stan The Man, also.

Seriously, if they can help improve our roster, I don't care what jersey they previously donned.

Hondo
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
We could use Lou Brock in the leadoff spot, and maybe Bob Gibson on the hill every fourth day. Might as well bring in Stan The Man, also.

Seriously, if they can help improve our roster, I don't care what jersey they previously donned.

Well, when Walt was in St. Louis

He got McGwire from the A's, Edmonds from the Angels, and Rolen from the Phillies... All in their Prime.

I think he should be acquring that type of talent for the Reds in 2011, players in their Primes...

Vottomatic
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I hear that the Reds aren't spending that much this offseason because they're going to outbid everyone for Pujols next offseason. :D

Hondo
01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I hear that the Reds aren't spending that much this offseason because they're going to outbid everyone for Pujols next offseason. :D

Ya know. I bet you're right... Walt did after all Develop Pujols and Sign him to his last contract...

Vottomatic
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Ya know. I bet you're right... Walt did after all Develop Pujols and Sign him to his last contract...

That's also why they aren't signing a leftfielder and gonna use Jonny Gomes as a 1 year stopgap.

They're going to sign Pujols and then move Joey to LF. :D ;) :p::thumbup: :beerme:

Hondo
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
That's also why they aren't signing a leftfielder and gonna use Jonny Gomes as a 1 year stopgap.

They're going to sign Pujols and then move Joey to LF. :D ;) :p::thumbup: :beerme:

Maybe everyone from Redszone can commit to season tickets for a Pujols Fund? Everyone sign a petition to get Walt's and Bob C's attention...

markymark69
01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Miguel Cairo worked out pretty well, that would be two. Edmonds probably paid off more than we know, in teaching Bruce how to be a better pro.