PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs: Who Are You Rooting Against?

blumj
01-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Down to 8 teams, who do you MOST want to be eliminated?

Redsfan320
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Steelers, with the Patriots behind them, and I don't like the Jets either.

reds1869
01-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I want to see the Ravens and Steelers go. I'll get one of my wishes next week but will have to wait for the other.

The Operator
01-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I loathe The Steelers and I loathe Rex Ryan.

May they both soon be removed from the postseason festivities.

MikeThierry
01-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Considering that Bill Bilichick is the most despicable human being in the four major sports, I want the Patriots to suffer. They deserve ever single bad thing that happens to them. They are a stain on the NFL and the whole organization needs to go away.

Other than that... everyone else is cool in my book :)

Eric_the_Red
01-10-2011, 06:45 AM
All of the AFC teams. In order, the Steelers, Jets, Patriots and then Ravens.

pedro
01-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Considering that Bill Bilichick is the most despicable human being in the four major sports, I want the Patriots to suffer. They deserve ever single bad thing that happens to them. They are a stain on the NFL and the whole organization needs to go away.

Other than that... everyone else is cool in my book :)

That seems more than a little extreme.

OldRightHander
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Steelers and Jets. There are three teams in the NFL that I will always root against, for different reasons. There are two main reasons I still have a grudge against the 49ers, 1982 and 1989. Then there are the Jets because the only playoff game I attended in person was http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198301090cin.htm. Then there are the Steelers, and I don't think I need to elaborate on that.

Oxblood
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
In order

Packers, Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks

Watch them all win this weekend.

Razor Shines
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
The Jets. Other than that I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the pats get another superbowl.

texasdave
01-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Rex Ryan and anything with New York attached to it. The Steelers and the Ravens as well. I guess in the AFC it is New England by default.
Nothing against any of the NFC teams.
I suppose familiarity really does breed contempt.

Reds4Life
01-10-2011, 06:52 PM
The Steelers. I hate that organization with a burning passion, so much so I can't even describe it with words.

RedsBaron
01-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Winston Churchill said something to the effect that if Hitler invaded Hell he would at least have to make a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
I am not a Ravens fan, but since they are playing the Steelers this weekend I need to think of something nice to say about Ray Lewis & Co. because there is no team in the NFL that I root against more than the Steelers.

MikeThierry
01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
That seems more than a little extreme.

It may seem a bit extreme, but I don't care. I will never forgive that "human being" for cheating my Rams out of a superbowl in 2001. The bastard truely deserves every bad thing that comes his way.

Kingspoint
01-11-2011, 01:26 AM
The Squealers, of course.

pedro
01-11-2011, 11:31 AM
As for me, I'm rooting against the Steelers. I think Rothlesberger is a despicable human being.

New York Red
01-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I loathe The Steelers and I loathe Rex Ryan.

May they both soon be removed from the postseason festivities.
This!

blumj
01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
As for me, I'm rooting against the Steelers. I think Rothlesberger is a despicable human being.
If you think about it, it's actually rather alarming how you can watch the NFL playoffs and just casually pick out the criminals in each game. Oh, look, there's the dog fighter, and there's the rapist, and there's the guy who killed someone driving drunk, and that guy was involved in a murder, that one an assault. All the guns and drugs stuff just sort of fades into the background.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Patriots, Jets, Steelers. In that order. (I'm a Dolphins fan)

Tony Cloninger
01-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Steelers and Jets. There are three teams in the NFL that I will always root against, for different reasons. There are two main reasons I still have a grudge against the 49ers, 1982 and 1989. Then there are the Jets because the only playoff game I attended in person was http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198301090cin.htm. Then there are the Steelers, and I don't think I need to elaborate on that.

I remember that game in 1983......I have no clue how they imploded like that. They had a tough run defense that held Marcus Allen to 0 yards that season then let Freeman go Jim brown on them. Anderson had a nice game numbers wise but kept throwing bad INT's. That whole season just sucked beacuse of the strike really.

WVRed
01-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Patriots and Steelers.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pulling for the Jets. I guess I like Rex Ryan for some reason.

blumj
01-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Patriots and Steelers.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pulling for the Jets. I guess I like Rex Ryan for some reason.

He's entertaining. Not in what I personally consider an appealing way, but he sure does give you a lot more to talk, wonder, and laugh about than other coaches. It's almost like having a crazy uncle who half the family can't wait to see every Thanksgiving while the other half of the family just dreads the thought of having to be in the same house with the guy for a whole day.

GAC
01-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Winston Churchill said something to the effect that if Hitler invaded Hell he would at least have to make a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
I am not a Ravens fan, but since they are playing the Steelers this weekend I need to think of something nice to say about Ray Lewis & Co. because there is no team in the NFL that I root against more than the Steelers.

Well spoken my friend. :thumbup:

And I hope the Jets make a quick exit too. Playing in Foxboro will take care of that problem though.

Even though I don't care much for Pete Carroll, wouldn't it be great to see the 7-9 Seahawks in the SB! LOL

redsfandan
01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm getting a kick out of the Steelers-Ravens game. The Ravens are looking good but I think they need to hit Big Ben even more. lol

blumj
01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm getting a kick out of the Steelers-Ravens game. The Ravens are looking good but I think they need to hit Big Ben even more. lol
That the Ravens are the beneficiaries of the Steelers stupidity ruins it for me.

Razor Shines
01-15-2011, 06:47 PM
How much do you guys want to bet that H Ward cheap shotted E Reed on that pass to Sanders? I rewound it, but Ward runs just out of camera view to where Reed is and then Reed is getting in Ward's face. Pointing at him and shaking his head, you usually don't see Ed Reed react like that.

blumj
01-15-2011, 07:33 PM
That the Steelers are the beneficiaries of the Ravens ineptitude ruins it for me.

TeamSelig
01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Ben Rapistberger.
Bill Belicheat

RedsBaron
01-15-2011, 07:58 PM
If the Ravens offense had showed up for the second half they would have won this game.

CTA513
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
If the Ravens offense had showed up for the second half they would have won this game.

The Ravens offense is overrated.

Jack Burton
01-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Falcons were pathetic.

deltachi8
01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I don't root against anyone, life is too short.

Once my favorite team gets eliminated, I look forward to next year and hope the remaining games are entertaining.

edabbs44
01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Falcons were pathetic.

beyond pathetic

redsfandan
01-16-2011, 01:05 AM

The Ravens were up 21-7 at the half. Then they were outscored 24-3 in the 2nd half. That says it all. In the 1st half they took advantage of opportunities to get the upper hand. But, in the 2nd half they just stopped trying. It's like they forgot that the game is 60 minutes long.

Mutaman
01-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Congradultions to Mike McCarthy and the Green Bay Packers. Now if the Bears can hold up their end, it will be Packers and the Bears in Soldiers Field for all the NFC marbles. In all their storied rivalry, they have rarely met in the post-season.

R_Webb18
01-16-2011, 02:59 AM
plz jets just stfu and get out. imo

GAC
01-16-2011, 06:22 AM
I thought that hold during the punt return that negated the Raven's TD was bogus when it occurred, and so do a few others this morning. Just a good piece of acting. Where he had his hand, if that's a hold, then refs could be throwing the flag on practically every play for that, yet don't.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=yhoo-ept_sports_nfl_experts-308095

But still..... how can you let Brown get behind your backs in the waning minutes for a 58 yd pass that sets up the winning TD? Geez!

RedsBaron
01-16-2011, 08:07 AM
That was a bad call, but the way the Ravens offense failed to show up in the second half it probably didn't matter. The Ravens were going to lose no matter what.

deltachi8
01-16-2011, 11:51 AM
I thought the officiating was poor on both sides of the ball - questionable calls made and some missed as well. I doubt it influenced the outcome as both sides were equally mistreated.

I hope tonight's game is close but think ultimately NE is 2-3 TDs better.

NJReds
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I thought that hold during the punt return that negated the Raven's TD was bogus when it occurred, and so do a few others this morning. Just a good piece of acting. Where he had his hand, if that's a hold, then refs could be throwing the flag on practically every play for that, yet don't.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=yhoo-ept_sports_nfl_experts-308095

But still..... how can you let Brown get behind your backs in the waning minutes for a 58 yd pass that sets up the winning TD? Geez!

Looked like his right hand was pulling the jersey on the Steeler players' shoulder. Ticky-tack, but once the ref sees the jersey being pulled it's pretty much automatic. The still would've scored if Boldin didn't drop the pass in the endzone. Add to that Housh's drop that effectively ended the game. Ravens were horrible in the second half.

Jack Burton
01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
This years superbowl, AFC in a blowout.

Newport Red
01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't think any defense could overcome that 2nd half Baltimore offensive performance.

Newport Red
01-16-2011, 12:52 PM
This years superbowl, AFC in a blowout.

I think Green Bay can hang around. Even with the Pats.

deltachi8
01-16-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think any defense could overcome that 2nd half Baltimore offensive performance.

Ravens 3rd quarter: 4 possessions, 0 points, -4 total yards, 3 giveaways & 3:47 time of possession. Now, I am sure the Steeler D had something to do with that, but they aren't that good.

deltachi8
01-16-2011, 01:01 PM

agreed. I think a Pats-Packers SB would be highly entertaining.

Jack Burton
01-16-2011, 02:26 PM

Disagree, Pats would probably beat them by 20 or more. Pack exposed a weak Falcons team, nothing more.

Eric_the_Red
01-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Disagree, Pats would probably beat them by 20 or more. Pack exposed a weak Falcons team, nothing more.

If you're willing to take the Pats and give me twenty when the Super Bowl comes around, let me know.

blumj
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
They almost beat them in a NE a few weeks ago, without Rodgers.

Jack Burton
01-16-2011, 03:53 PM
They almost beat them in a NE a few weeks ago, without Rodgers.

Can't believe I'm defending the Pats but, they had nothing to play for. Pack were fighting for a playoff spot.

cincrazy
01-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Can't believe I'm defending the Pats but, they had nothing to play for. Pack were fighting for a playoff spot.

I think the Pats are the better team, but it's silly to pretend that GB couldn't even compete with them. The Packers have an elite QB and a great defense, they're not exactly the Seahawks.

Jack Burton
01-16-2011, 04:32 PM
I think the Pats are the better team, but it's silly to pretend that GB couldn't even compete with them. The Packers have an elite QB and a great defense, they're not exactly the Seahawks.

I wouldn't exactly call him elite. Arrogant, yes, but not elite.

Eric_the_Red
01-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Out of curiosity, which QBs do you consider elite?

blumj
01-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Who's a less reliable kicker, Folk or Graham?

Mutaman
01-16-2011, 05:01 PM
As Lombardi used to say the week before playing Halas and the Bears:

Its Bear Week!!!

This is going to be a good one.

Mutaman
01-16-2011, 05:17 PM

In light of last night's game, such a comment is just silly. On the road against the top seed in the NFC, Rodgers:

* completed 31 of 36 passes for 366 yards.

* completed all 10 of his attempts on third down

* His 81.6 completion percentage ranks fifth-best in postseason history (Behind Brady, Simms, Warner and Montana).

* He has a 134.3 passer rating in the 2010 postseason, having thrown six touchdowns and no interceptions.

Redsfaithful
01-17-2011, 06:02 AM
I think Rodgers is probably a top 3 QB now, top 4 if you want to put Roethlisberger in front of him (I wouldn't). I could easily see Green Bay winning it all with the field that's left.

RedsBaron
01-17-2011, 06:35 AM
I think Rodgers is probably a top 3 QB now, top 4 if you want to put Roethlisberger in front of him (I wouldn't). I could easily see Green Bay winning it all with the field that's left.

I agree. Rodgers has played great in every playoff game he has been in.

NJReds
01-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Who's a less reliable kicker, Folk or Graham?

Folk in a landslide. He hasn't been the same since undergoing hip surgery after his very good rookie season. Unless the Jets are within 30 yards, I wouldn't even attempt a field goal at Heinz field with Folk.

RichRed
01-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I hate the Steelers. As a Redskins fan, they're not enemy #1 (Cowboys), but they are definitely a solid #2. It hasn't always been that way but even here in Virginia Beach, Steelers fans are EVERYWHERE. I think it's a combination of bandwagon fans and an abundance of military folks from Pennsylvania who are stationed here. And I'm sure I don't have to tell Bengals fans this but Steelers fans are insufferable.

My boss, who is from a Redskins family and has never lived anywhere but Virginia, came in wearing his Steelers sweatshirt today. That's bad enough but if they win another Super Bowl, I might have to call in sick for a week.

Oh, and it sure didn't take long for Steelers fans to change their tune about Roethlisberger, did it? Bah.

Dom Heffner
01-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Where's Jack Burton's spot-on analysis about Aaron Rodgers now? ;)

Jack Burton
01-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Where's Jack Burton's spot-on analysis about Aaron Rodgers now? ;)

Rodgers played pretty poor tbh

Dom Heffner
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Rodgers played pretty poor tbh

Oh yeah, he was terrible. Been that way the whole postseason.

paintmered
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
My Steelers fan co-worker will have his smug cranked up to 11 tomorrow. Joy.

Dom Heffner
01-23-2011, 10:28 PM

How will tomorrow be any different than any other day?

Redsfan320
01-23-2011, 10:28 PM

Just slug him. Then explain to the cops that you did it because he was being smug about a Steelers win. They'll understand. Unless they're Steelers fans too- then you're screwed.

Mutaman
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Rodgers didn't have a good game- he usually struggles against the Bears. He'll rebound bigtime in two weeks. The issue will be how much Capers and the Packers' defense can control Roethlisberger.