PDA

View Full Version : Sean Casey to do color commentary for 15 games

arkimadee
01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
In an interview with the Red Reporter, Sean Casey says he will do some color commentary for the Reds this year:

Ken: Do you have any plans to try to manage or join a front office some day?

SC: Actually I just signed on to do 15 games for the Reds this year as a color guy. [ed.: Yay!] Iíll get a chance to get in the booth and see how that goes. I think Iíll be doing the games from April 5 through April 7, and later some games in Pittsburgh and in Cincinnati. Weíre still figuring that out. I donít have any plans of getting back in the field. Will I someday? Maybe, but I canít see it happening any time soon.

This is exciting for me because Casey will always be one of my favorite Reds. I'm still rocking the Mayor poster in my room! Hopefully they won't pair him with Paul Keels though.

redsfanmia
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Another announcer? Really? I miss the old days when it was Marty and Joe in the booth and Grande and the Creeper on the TV side.

Hondo
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Well finally a Real Big Leaguer added to the Reds in 2011... Nice change from Renteria, Willis, Hermida, and Lewis...

Wait!? He's in the Booth, Scratch that last sentence. :D

PeteRoseBelongs
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
glad to hear the Sean is doing anything with the organization. I would love to see the guy one day get in the dugout as a hitting coach. a true professional

Sean_CaseyRules
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM
This just made my day! Sean Casey, does in fact, rule! Lol.

smixsell
01-12-2011, 12:34 AM
If it will get Thom Brennaman and/or Chris Welsh out of the booth for a few games I'm all for it! :beerme: (Especially Brennaman!)

will5979
01-12-2011, 07:30 AM
If it will get Thom Brennaman and/or Chris Welsh out of the booth for a few games I'm all for it! :beerme: (Especially Brennaman!)

Are you high? Would you rather hear that boring OSU announcer that can't even call a game winning HR with enthusiasm?

Brennaman's call of Jay Bruce's HR last year was epic, I'm happy Thom is part of our organization, one of the best in the business.