PDA

View Full Version : Arbitration Eligible Reds Players

Ron Madden
01-13-2011, 02:56 AM
JFay spoke with Walt Jocketty concerning the Reds four arbitration eligible players. Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto, Edinson Volquez and Bill Bray.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

This will add up to a boat load of money.

MartyFan
01-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Which is why I think someone like B Phillips is headed out of town.

PuffyPig
01-13-2011, 06:58 AM

If the Reds needed to trade Phillips to save money, or desired to for other reasons, he would have already been on the block and likely moved by now.

Zero chance he gets traded now with the season around the corner.

Unless someone comes with an offer Walt can't refuse.

medford
01-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Hopefully, that blurb about working out a LTD w/ Joey Votto is both sides working on it, not just the Reds sending over a propossal, and Joey's agent saying no thanks.

REDREAD
01-13-2011, 10:04 AM

If we are forced to cut salary because of arbitration, I'd rather dump Volquez (assuming he gets a sizable increase).

Bray won't get much. Votto and Cueto are good bets to earn their salaries.

Phillips is a key player that can not be replaced. I doubt he's going anywhere this year.

MartyFan
01-13-2011, 12:52 PM
I hope BP doesn't go anywhere, I like the guy and when Junior and Dunn were being, eh....Junior and Dunn...I was one of the few on the board that bought into it and advocated getting rid of both of them.

BPhillips has one more year after this year on his contract, right or no????? can't remember...that said, he is going to be pulling down some major coin in 2012...not that the $11M he will make in 2011 is chump change. I think he is at the threshold of what this organization will pay him.

PuffyPig
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
The Reds were well aware of what they were likely going to have to pay these guys in arbitration. They aren't going to have to dump anyone to pay them this year.

MikeS21
01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Arb with these guys in the very reason the Reds didn't make a splash with any of the big name free agents many felt they couldn't compete without.