PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Ohio Rewinds Reds Games Starting Feb. 3

goreds2
01-21-2011, 12:09 PM
FSO rewinds Reds games

“Reds Classic Rewinds” returns to Fox Sports Ohio at 7 p.m. Feb. 3 with the first of five great games from last season. The lineup:
• Feb. 3: Reds at Nationals, played June 6. Drew Stubbs singles in the winning run in the 10th inning, after Scott Rolen’s pinch-hit two-run homer in the ninth.
• Feb. 10: Reds at Cubs, played July 4. Stubbs hits three homers in a 14-3 blowout.
• Feb. 17: Rockies at Reds, played July 17. Edinson Volquez returns from arm surgery to strike out nine batters in six innings.
• Feb. 24: Brewers at Reds, played Aug. 31. Aroldis Chapman debuts in an 8-4 Reds win.
• March 3: Astros at Reds, played Sept. 28. Jay Bruce’s walk-off home run clinches National League Central title for the Reds.

Captain13
01-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I remember watching or listening to all but one of those games. I may not have seen the EV game. Looking forward to some baseball on TV.

FlightRick
01-21-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't really recall the Volquez game, either... give me my druthers, and I'd love to see the Civil Rights Game again, instead.

I mean, REALLY love to see it again. A dramatic game where the Reds come from behind to lead in the 9th, and then fend-off the comeback to win on a killer outfield assist to gun down the runner at the plate for the final out. And better yet, it was against the hated Cardinals. And best of all, it was the win that took us from 0.5 back in the NL Central, to 0.5 up in the NL Central, and finally got us all (well, it got ME) thinking good thoughts again after our horrible April.

That had to have been among the top 5 games last year, right?

Rick

goreds2
01-22-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't really recall the Volquez game, either... give me my druthers, and I'd love to see the Civil Rights Game again, instead.

I mean, REALLY love to see it again. A dramatic game where the Reds come from behind to lead in the 9th, and then fend-off the comeback to win on a killer outfield assist to gun down the runner at the plate for the final out. And better yet, it was against the hated Cardinals. And best of all, it was the win that took us from 0.5 back in the NL Central, to 0.5 up in the NL Central, and finally got us all (well, it got ME) thinking good thoughts again after our horrible April.

That had to have been among the top 5 games last year, right?

Rick I totally agree. How many games end with a runner out at the plate? :beerme: Besides the divison clincher, that had to be my favorite game last year.

redsfan_12
01-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Why doesnt FSO play more Reds games during the winter? I see all kinds of Pirates games on FSP 2-3 times a week. I know the Cavs are on..but during the daytime atleast. I wouldnt mind watching them at all.

arkimadee
01-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Why doesnt FSO play more Reds games during the winter? I see all kinds of Pirates games on FSP 2-3 times a week. I know the Cavs are on..but during the daytime atleast. I wouldnt mind watching them at all.
hell the pirates could show 2 or 3 replays a week during the winner and it would be enough to show all of their victories during the season.. LOL

goreds2
01-30-2011, 03:03 PM
:thumbup: Reminder that this starts this week.

goreds2
02-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Did anyone get this game in HD tonight? I did not (central Ohio area).

goreds2
02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Did anyone get this game in HD tonight? I did not (central Ohio area).
:confused:
Anyone watch the game last night?

DocRed
02-05-2011, 06:46 PM
:confused:
Anyone watch the game last night?

Dang it I missed it....who won??

goreds2
02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Dang it I missed it....who won??

http://mysite.verizon.net/res6rexj/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clinton_laughing.jpeg

goreds2
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
FSO rewinds Reds games

“Reds Classic Rewinds” returns to Fox Sports Ohio at 7 p.m. Feb. 3 with the first of five great games from last season. The lineup:
• Feb. 3: Reds at Nationals, played June 6. Drew Stubbs singles in the winning run in the 10th inning, after Scott Rolen’s pinch-hit two-run homer in the ninth.
• Feb. 10: Reds at Cubs, played July 4. Stubbs hits three homers in a 14-3 blowout.• Feb. 17: Rockies at Reds, played July 17. Edinson Volquez returns from arm surgery to strike out nine batters in six innings.
• Feb. 24: Brewers at Reds, played Aug. 31. Aroldis Chapman debuts in an 8-4 Reds win.
• March 3: Astros at Reds, played Sept. 28. Jay Bruce’s walk-off home run clinches National League Central title for the Reds.

This game is in the 7th inning. Not in HD again but cool to see it.

DirtyBaker
02-15-2011, 02:17 PM
FSO rewinds Reds games

• Feb. 10: Reds at Cubs, played July 4. Stubbs hits three homers in a 14-3 blowout.
• Feb. 17: Rockies at Reds, played July 17. Edinson Volquez returns from arm surgery to strike out nine batters in six innings.

Anyone else not getting this game on their tv guide? Says MMA is going to be showing at 7 and then a college basketball game afterward. The Feb 24 game is the next installation of Reds Rewind when I did a search for it. I have Columbus AT&T if it helps.

Just wondering if it's on Time Warner because I might want to go to my friend's apartment and watch this - I was really looking forward to seeing this game since I was in attendance never got to see it from the TV perspective. I believe that was also the Chris Sabo bobblehead night IIRC.

mroby85
02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
I wish they would make an hour long highlight reel of last season, along with clips from the season when they were following the team around in the locker room etc. instead of entire games. Kinda like the NFL films team previews they do each season. That would be fun to watch. I enjoy some clips from the games, but knowing the outcome ruins it a little bit lol. I would like to see the Bruce walkoff again though, I wonder if they'll include the postgame show from that game as well... That was a fun night.

goreds2
02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
:bang: What the HAIL ?! They are showing a college basketball game. WSU at ARIZ. :thumbdown

redsfan_12
02-18-2011, 01:18 AM
I got some wrestling match. I have Comcast in Huntington. :bang:

goreds2
02-27-2011, 10:03 AM
FSO rewinds Reds games

Final game this coming Thursday. I was on the boat in center field when Bruce hit the home run. :redszone:

R_Webb18
03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
wp atleast show us the bruce home run. I mean out of everything you could not skip something else out?

brachial pleXUs
03-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks a lot, FSN Ohio. Show us just the first 8 innings of a game whose seminal moment, and in fact the seminal moment of the season was in the 9th. Because people really want to see the pregame show for a basement-dwelling hockey team.

mattfeet
03-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks a lot, FSN Ohio. Show us just the first 8 innings of a game whose seminal moment, and in fact the seminal moment of the season was in the 9th. Because people really want to see the pregame show for a basement-dwelling hockey team.

DUDE! The SAME exact thing happened to us! We had a bunch of friends over to watch the Clinch game. Chapman pitches a great 9th, and then BAM! Columbus Blue Jackets pre-game. I was SO mad. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

RedsFan74
03-03-2011, 09:24 PM
How in the H*ll does a pre-recorded, edited program run over its 2-hour time alottment?? Seriously??!!

Sean_CaseyRules
03-03-2011, 10:03 PM

I get that you're upset that you don't get to see the homerun. BUT there are some of us Jackets fans that ARE looking forward to this game. They aren't a basement-dwelling" team we are 5 points out of the playoffs, with 3 games in hand to some other teams. We're making a push, and I know that it might piss you off that you don't get to see the re-run of the game, but that's FSN's problem, not the Jackets.

goreds2
03-03-2011, 11:04 PM
These REWIND games sure were a bust. They could at least showed these overnight so we could at least record them. :(

arkimadee
03-04-2011, 01:54 AM
I get that you're upset that you don't get to see the homerun. BUT there are some of us Jackets fans that ARE looking forward to this game. They aren't a basement-dwelling" team we are 5 points out of the playoffs, with 3 games in hand to some other teams. We're making a push, and I know that it might piss you off that you don't get to see the re-run of the game, but that's FSN's problem, not the Jackets.

Thats not even the issue. The issue is why in the hell would fox sports not skip a couple of innings or something because it is PRE RECORDED!!! Or started the dang thing an hour earlier. I'm sure they could have not shown World Series of Darts of a rerun of the Best Damn Top 50 that shows 1000 times during the years.

goreds2
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
FSO Will Repeat Bruce Home Run Game

Fox Sports Ohio folks are just as upset as you Reds fans who watched the replay of the Reds’ Sept. 28 Central Division-clinching game last night — which was cut off before the bottom of the 9th when Jay Bruce hit the walk-off, game-winning home run! So FSO will repeat the game in its entirety — yes, they promise to get it right this time — at 7 p.m. Monday, March 14.

FSO blames “human error.” The person who blocked out (“plotted”) the 2-1/2 hour “Reds Classic Rewind” telecast earlier in the day, and inserted the commercials, didn’t include the bottom of the ninth in the schedule. In fact, the person realized the show was coming up short, and inserted more promos than usual so the telecast would end at 8:30 p.m. in time for “Blue Jackets Live.”

More of article here:
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/03/04/fso-will-repeat-bruce-home-run-game/

DirtyBaker
03-04-2011, 04:37 PM
^ Thanks for that link. I wish they'd also show the Volquez 2010 debut that never aired or try to put these in HD.

jhc2010
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
They aren't a basement-dwelling" team we are 5 points out of the playoffs, with 3 games in hand to some other teams.That's not saying much for a league where more than half of the teams make the playoffs every year (16 out of 30) compared to baseball (8 out of 30). Add in the fact that the franchise has NEVER won a playoff game in their 10 year history is even more embarrassing.

jhc2010
03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
FSO blames “human error.” The person who blocked out (“plotted”) the 2-1/2 hour “Reds Classic Rewind” telecast earlier in the day, and inserted the commercials, didn’t include the bottom of the ninth in the schedule. In fact, the person realized the show was coming up short, and inserted more promos than usual so the telecast would end at 8:30 p.m. in time for “Blue Jackets Live.”Embarrassing. How does this idiot even have a job? Just another reason why ESPN will always be MILES ahead of Fox Sports.

Sean_CaseyRules
03-05-2011, 01:54 AM
That's not saying much for a league where more than half of the teams make the playoffs every year (16 out of 30) compared to baseball (8 out of 30). Add in the fact that the franchise has NEVER won a playoff game in their 10 year history is even more embarrassing.

And you're mad about the Reds game not being shown? When's the last time we won a playoff game? You'd get upset if someone talked sh*t about the Reds, just as I would. I don't like having people bad mouth my teams, especially when they obviously don't understand what's going on.

will5979
03-05-2011, 08:41 AM
And you're mad about the Reds game not being shown? When's the last time we won a playoff game? You'd get upset if someone talked sh*t about the Reds, just as I would. I don't like having people bad mouth my teams, especially when they obviously don't understand what's going on.

Eh I know aboot what is going on kay budday, you should obviously move to Canada, Russia, or Detroit budday, because this is America and no one here gives a hootin' hell aboot hockey eh kay there budday?

Sean_CaseyRules
03-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Eh I know aboot what is going on kay budday, you should obviously move to Canada, Russia, or Detroit budday, because this is America and no one here gives a hootin' hell aboot hockey eh kay there budday?

You're right, so the sellouts at Nationwide are due to the Canadians coming on down to watch whatever hockey they can? Why was I misled that Columbus loved it's hockey team. Good thing you're here to clear that up....

knoonan991
03-08-2011, 10:08 AM

What an ignorant thing to say. :rolleyes:

The CBJ are a huge draw throughout the state of Ohio.

will5979
03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
What an ignorant thing to say. :rolleyes:

The CBJ are a huge draw throughout the state of Ohio.

Geez members on this board are both uptight and have no sense of humor, its called sarcasm and a take on South Park's perception of hockey and Canadians, sense of humor people, laugh, don't take everything in life so serious.

jhc2010
03-13-2011, 01:02 PM
When's the last time we won a playoff game? You'd get upset if someone talked sh*t about the Reds, just as I would. I don't like having people bad mouth my teams, especially when they obviously don't understand what's going on.Baseball NL - 4 teams out of 16 make the playoffs (you should make it once every four years)
Hockey - 16 out of 30 teams make the playoffs (you should make it at least every other year)

jhc2010
03-13-2011, 01:04 PM
The CBJ are a huge draw throughout the state of Ohio.I don't know about a "huge draw" considering the CBJ are 27th in NHL attendance averaging 13,262 per game as of today.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

goreds2
03-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Fox Sports Ohio folks are just as upset as you Reds fans who watched the replay of the Reds’ Sept. 28 Central Division-clinching game last night — which was cut off before the bottom of the 9th when Jay Bruce hit the walk-off, game-winning home run! So FSO will repeat the game in its entirety — yes, they promise to get it right this time — at 7 p.m. Monday, March 14.

FSO blames “human error.” The person who blocked out (“plotted”) the 2-1/2 hour “Reds Classic Rewind” telecast earlier in the day, and inserted the commercials, didn’t include the bottom of the ninth in the schedule. In fact, the person realized the show was coming up short, and inserted more promos than usual so the telecast would end at 8:30 p.m. in time for “Blue Jackets Live.”

More of article here:
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/03/04/fso-will-repeat-bruce-home-run-game/

Reminder that this is on tomorrow. :)

goreds2
03-14-2011, 06:37 PM

More of article here:
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/03/04/fso-will-repeat-bruce-home-run-game/Bumping this again as a reminder this is on at 7pm est. :redszone:

goreds2
03-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Now going to the top of the 9th with Chapman pitching. I remember being on the "boat" in centerfield watching this. Everyone was pumped. :thumbup: