PDA

View Full Version : Reds Rewind Returns with 5 great 2010 games

Ron Madden
01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm ready for some Reds Baseball,

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/01/20/reds-rewind-replays-5-great-games-from-2010/

cumberlandreds
01-21-2011, 02:28 PM
I was wondering if they were going to have Reds Rewind this winter. I thought they might feature games from 2010. There were two others I think they should have had. One was that Dodgers game in LA that Votto had that great AB. I thought that was a huge game too as I think it clinched a winning west coast road trip. Also thought they should have included that Giants game on the same road trip. That was the game the Reds had a big lead then blew it but came back to win in extra innings. Entertaining game that showed the comeback ability of that team.

Ghosts of 1990
01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Great way to get pumped for the season. My fiance always asks "why do we have baseball games from july, august, and september saved on the DVR still?". I have a few of these games recorded and want to somehow get them on DVD.

Don't ask questions woman! There is a reason for everything when we are talking about the Reds!

Screwball
01-21-2011, 11:29 PM
I was wondering if they were going to have Reds Rewind this winter. I thought they might feature games from 2010. There were two others I think they should have had. One was that Dodgers game in LA that Votto had that great AB. I thought that was a huge game too as I think it clinched a winning west coast road trip. Also thought they should have included that Giants game on the same road trip. That was the game the Reds had a big lead then blew it but came back to win in extra innings. Entertaining game that showed the comeback ability of that team.

Didn't Votto have the game-winning RBI in that game too? I'm starting to think this Votto guy is kinda good.

RedFanAlways1966
01-22-2011, 12:15 AM
I know they lost (and I am sure that is why it is not being shown) 1-0 in 11 innings, but I'd love to see...

July 10. At Phillies. Travis Wood pitches a 1-hitter thru 9 innings. 8K and 0BB. Dueling against Roy Halliday. Had a perfect game as they entered the 9th inning. Only 10 days after his MLB debut. Man, my heart was pounding. I was watching a perfect game and my favorite team had a shot. And a young unknown (by us sure, but not most fans of the game) had a chance for history. The kind of stuff that is remembered for many years in REDS country.

Sure it sucked when Carlos Ruiz led off the 9th with a double to snap it. But that was exciting stuff. Probably the 2nd most intense experience in 2010 for this fan (behind Bruce's HR). I'd like to see those 5th-6th-7th-8th-(even the)9th innings again.

Matt700wlw
01-22-2011, 12:29 AM
I'll definitely be recording the Jay Bruce clincher game for the archives. The greatest sporting moment I have ever attended.

OnBaseMachine
01-22-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm looking forward to watching the Volquez game. I was at the beach and missing that game, the only one of those five that I didn't see. I'll be sure to DVR the Bruce walk-off just so I'll always have it. I'll probably do the same with Chapman's debut.

kbrake
01-22-2011, 12:39 AM
I wish they would just put out a dvd of in depth highlights from the entire 2010 season. I've got the Bruce walkoff and the entire celebration after still on my dvr and I really don't want to get rid of it. Ever.

Ron Madden
01-22-2011, 07:57 AM
I know they lost (and I am sure that is why it is not being shown) 1-0 in 11 innings, but I'd love to see...

July 10. At Phillies. Travis Wood pitches a 1-hitter thru 9 innings. 8K and 0BB. Dueling against Roy Halliday. Had a perfect game as they entered the 9th inning. Only 10 days after his MLB debut. Man, my heart was pounding. I was watching a perfect game and my favorite team had a shot. And a young unknown (by us sure, but not most fans of the game) had a chance for history. The kind of stuff that is remembered for many years in REDS country.

Sure it sucked when Carlos Ruiz led off the 9th with a double to snap it. But that was exciting stuff. Probably the 2nd most intense experience in 2010 for this fan (behind Bruce's HR). I'd like to see those 5th-6th-7th-8th-(even the)9th innings again.

Agree. One of the most exciting games of the season even though the Reds lost.

The Reds win in The 2010 Civil Rights Game should of made the cut.

WebScorpion
01-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I just got a DVD with the '75, '76, and '90 World Series games on it. I know what I'll be doing this weekend... :thumbup:

Edit: I was a little disappointed. I thought the DVD had the full games on it...they were highlight films made in 1991 with Joe Garigiola narrating. Still very cool to watch, so it gave me my Reds fix for now, but I'll be jonesing again soon. I think I'm getting Extra Innings for an anniversary gift next month. ;-)

OnBaseMachine
02-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Just a reminder - the Reds Rewind games on FSO starts tonight at 7:00. Tonight is the June 6th game at the Nationals. Here's the boxscore from that game:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/WAS/WAS201006060.shtml

Tommyjohn25
02-03-2011, 03:40 PM
B.E.A UUUUTIFUL.

Edskin
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
If anyone has the ability to create a DVD of the Bruce HR game, I'd appreciate a PM :)

1990REDS
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
I remember this game. Cordero comes in with a 2 run lead, gives up 2, and gets the win. Baseball can be a funny game.

kbrake
02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Anyone else not getting tonight's Reds Rewind game? My guide says MLB Baseball but I'm getting M-1 Fighting.

Big Klu
02-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Anyone else not getting tonight's Reds Rewind game? My guide says MLB Baseball but I'm getting M-1 Fighting.

Same here.

Big Klu
02-18-2011, 02:29 AM
After the MMA fighting, I got Pac-10 basketball! I never did get Reds Rewind. Did anyone else have this same problem?

OnBaseMachine
02-18-2011, 03:09 AM
The game was on here...

cumberlandreds
02-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Game was on in Northern Virginia via DirecTv.

dougdirt
03-03-2011, 09:39 PM
So tonight the Bruce clincher game was on. Goes to a commercial in the middle of 9. When FSN comes back, its HOCKEY pregame, rather than the 1 pitch 9th inning of the Reds game. Someone should be fired. Immediately.

OnBaseMachine
03-03-2011, 09:43 PM
EPIC FAIL by Fox Sports Ohio. Unbelievable. I was recording the game too. They know how long the game is, and what time the pregame started, how in the world could they screw this up?

dougdirt
03-03-2011, 09:48 PM
EPIC FAIL by Fox Sports Ohio. Unbelievable. I was recording the game too. They know how long the game is, and what time the pregame started, how in the world could they screw this up?

I also was recording it. I can't believe they screwed that up.

HeatherC1212
03-03-2011, 09:50 PM
That was beyond epic fail and I don't even know how to describe it. I was SO amped up to watch this game again (I was there so I didn't watch the first part when I got home that night....I only watched the 9th inning and celebration because it was late) and I am so frustrated that they didn't show the ONE PART that Reds fans were so anxious to see again. How do you screw this up???!! :confused: :thumbdown

Tommyjohn25
03-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Unbelieveable. That is beyond frustrating.

OnBaseMachine
03-04-2011, 01:06 AM
This cracked me up - my tweet about FSN Ohio made the Cincinnati Enquirer...

Great line, too, from @OnBaseMachine:

#Reds Stay tuned: Next Thurs FSN Ohio plans to show the first 8 innings of game 4 of the 90 WS then switch to a knitting contest in the 9th

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2011/03/03/fsnoops-game-over-before-bruce-homers/

Does this make me famous? ;)

Blitz Dorsey
03-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Don't ask questions woman! There is a reason for everything when we are talking about the Reds!

Haha! Just worry about making dinner, ya know. (Kidding if there are any women in the crowd like Heather reading this thread.)

cumberlandreds
03-04-2011, 08:56 AM
I had forgotten about this until about 8 pm last night. There wasn't any college basketball games on that I was interested in so I decided to go ahead and watch it since it was nearly over. I couldn't believe they went to a hockey pregame show! Epic fail is the best desription I have heard. I don't how something like that happens. They know their schedule and how long this game was. Oh well. I'm glad I already had this recorded on DVD from last year. Or I would have been royally ticked off.

Chip R
03-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I didn't see this but if it was anything like any of the other Rewind games they probably had bumpers of Thom and/or Welsh in studio yammering about something or other related to the game. If that was the case, why not cut one of those segments and show the bottom of the 9th? I'm just glad I got home in time the night it happened to DVR the bottom of the 9th and the celebration afterwards.

HotCorner
03-04-2011, 12:08 PM
The person at the controls of FSO must be a Cardinals' fan. ;)

I'm glad I still have it DVR'd from last year. I would have been livid had I been watching last night. Didn't FSO switch away from live action at the end of games last year? And miss the start of games in HD?

I hope the Reds can pursue another media outlet to broadcast their games because FSO just comes across as a shoddily run company.

HeatherC1212
03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
According to ctrent and Lisa Braun on Twitter, FSN Ohio is apparently going to reair the Clinchmas game on March 14th at 7 PM and they point out that the game will be shown in it's entirity. Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it, LOL :p: