CF: Andrew McCutchen
LF: Ryan Braun
SP: Josh Johnson
CL: Joakim Soria
MR: Mike Adams

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=6044419

MikeThierry
01-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I kind of agree with most of that however I don't know how he can have Adam Dunn and Ryan Braun on his list. I understand his argument for Braun but people know him and still regard him as one of the best left fielders in the game.

I also have to disagree with him about Josh Johnson. He was in the conversation for Cy Young this year. The pitcher I find that doesn't get enough play is Matt Latos.

Roush's socks
01-22-2011, 09:26 PM
The problem with underrated and overrated is you never know what they mean by it. In saying Adam Dunn is underrated, are you saying no one thinks he is a good ballplayer? Or that people think he's a B+ type player when really he is an A player. Or maybe that some fans still see him as a B- player who can't hit for average, when really he is an A- player. Etc. Etc.

UPRedsFan
01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
To me underrated means the player is better than most people know. Just quietly performs without much national attention.

I think the Reds have some candidates

Wood
Cueto
Bruce

Roush's socks
01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
To me underrated means the player is better than most people know. Just quietly performs without much national attention.

I think the Reds have some candidates

Wood
Cueto
Bruce

Agree with those 3. I'm not sure why Wood isn't getting more recognition, but I think people want to see how he does once the league has seen his stuff more. Stubbs also had a higher WAR last year than a lot of players who are better known.

webbbj
01-23-2011, 02:02 AM
i always thought bruce was very popular even on the national level.

Blood Red Path
01-24-2011, 12:38 AM
I understand his argument for Braun but people know him and still regard him as one of the best left fielders in the game. .

I agree with this... but would go even farther with it. I am shocked Braun could make this list. In fact, if I made a list of "Overrated Players" Braun might well have a prominent position on it. To me he is a "nice" player, who is not consistent enough, and doesn't get nearly enough out of his talent. Yet, people still seem to regard him as one of the best corner-OFers in the game. Seems Braun falls more firmly on the overrated side of the sliding-scale.

MikeThierry
01-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Blood, that is so true. The MLB Network is doing a weekly show on who is the best player at each position going into the 2011 season. They put Braun as the #1 left fielder at that position. I think this is completely overrated when compared to Holliday, Crawford, or even Cargo.

bounty37h
01-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I agree with this... but would go even farther with it. I am shocked Braun could make this list. In fact, if I made a list of "Overrated Players" Braun might well have a prominent position on it. To me he is a "nice" player, who is not consistent enough, and doesn't get nearly enough out of his talent. Yet, people still seem to regard him as one of the best corner-OFers in the game. Seems Braun falls more firmly on the overrated side of the sliding-scale.

Not saying this as a j/a, but I dont think you really know much about Ryan Braun. There is no way he is anywhere near overrated.

BuckWild03
01-24-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't really understand Starlin Castro being on the list. He has, what 4 months of MLB service under his belt...

DocRed
01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
RF-Jay Bruce
C-Ryan Hanigan

wlf WV
01-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Anyone on Toronto! Overrated,anyone who plays for Yankees.

JKam
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM

To go even further, add anyone in their farm system as overrated too!

MikeThierry
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM

So you are saying Robison Cano is overrated? Really??? Dude, you can hate the Yankees all you want but at least make a cogent, logical statement about them.

defender
02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
under recognized: Drew Stubbs. He had an amazingly productive 2010, that not many people know about.

under rated: Jay Bruce. I think he is an MVP caliber player, who obviously most people do not even consider MVP on his own team.

Spazzrico
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
under recognized: Drew Stubbs. He had an amazingly productive 2010, that not many people know about.

under rated: Jay Bruce. I think he is an MVP caliber player, who obviously most people do not even consider MVP on his own team.

I would say JB has MVP caliber potential, but he still needs to prove it.