PDA

View Full Version : Spring training roster announced

Captain13
01-28-2011, 12:35 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2011/01/28/spring-training-invitees/

There doesn't appear to be any surprises. Who else can't wait any longer?

01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm excited to see Dorn hit against major league pitching.

UPRedsFan
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Can't wait!

Why is Grandal on the 40 and Mesoraco not? Or am I looking at the wrong list? I'm sure Grandal's contract had something to do with it. But why not Mesoraco?

brachial pleXUs
01-28-2011, 05:28 PM
So Jerry Gil's a pitcher now? Interesting. I remember that he had a great arm for a SS prosepct--and that was about it.

naptown
01-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Can't wait!

Why is Grandal on the 40 and Mesoraco not? Or am I looking at the wrong list? I'm sure Grandal's contract had something to do with it. But why not Mesoraco?

You hit the nail on the head. It was part of Grandal's contract to be included on the 40 man roster. Just like Alonso's contract in 2008.

Mesoraco did not get that negotiated into his contract. So he is going to have to get on the 40 man the old fashioned way..... by earning it. Which he took great strides in doing last year.

Between Mesoraco and Grandal, the future looks very bright behind the plate.

webbbj
01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I have never been more excited to watch reds baseball. it feels like the anticipation to see the first playoff game in 15 years from last year.

mumike
01-29-2011, 12:26 AM
My brother found out he got invited a couple of days ago (Scott Carroll). So proud of him! Hopefully he pitches well and gets a shot at contributing at some point this year.

gedred69
01-29-2011, 03:37 PM
You hit the nail on the head. It was part of Grandal's contract to be included on the 40 man roster. Just like Alonso's contract in 2008.

Mesoraco did not get that negotiated into his contract. So he is going to have to get on the 40 man the old fashioned way..... by earning it. Which he took great strides in doing last year.

Between Mesoraco and Grandal, the future looks very bright behind the plate.

While those are the big draftees behind the plate, look at stats throughout the Reds Farm System, and you will see there are other young catching prospects that will warrant keeping an eye on! They could be in a real bargaining position in the next few years, from a position that all teams are always desperately seeking serviceable talent.

wlf WV
01-29-2011, 05:49 PM
My brother found out he got invited a couple of days ago (Scott Carroll). So proud of him! Hopefully he pitches well and gets a shot at contributing at some point this year.

Congrats,I enjoyed watching my kids play amateur ball,this has got to be thrilling for the family.I hope MLB or Fox gets us on TV some in the spring.