PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Postees Awards

savafan
01-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Time for the nominations.

The Categories from past years (any ideas for new categories this year?):

Most missed poster

Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?

Best tag line

The tag line is that little thing at the bottom of some posts. No, not that little thing at the bottom; the other little thing. Who inspires best? Makes you laugh? Makes you scratch your head trying to decipher those in jokes that are sure to make sense if only you start licking toads.

Best Moniker

Like the understatement of princeton, that Ivy League professor of Reds-related knowledge? Or, Hey Kids! How about Krusty? Does one of the Teamsters make you think about things even before you read their posts? If so, show them you care!

Most Valuable Poster

Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway? Who finds things you'd never, ever get to read without their help? Who makes you think most?

Most Clever

Best use of poetry, tone, statistics, one-liners to get the point across. Who made a point this year that just made you stop whatever else you were doing and go "uh-huh".

Best Armchair GM

Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?

Best Trademeister

Who comes up with the best deals? Whether it be plausible or not, which of the ADD posters here entertains you with their constant tinkering with the Cincinnati roster?

Best Discussion

Which discussion throughout the year made you think the most? Made you turn to the most? Got the most response? Made you bang your head on the keyboard and curse the heavens because it came up so slow?

Worst Typist

Whether it be grammatical, misspellings, or unclear wording, who makes you scratch your head and wonder what they're taking?

Funniest

Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post? Who makes you giggle even before you open their posts?

Best Use of Statistics

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?

Most Long-winded

Who can't ever shut up, even though you already get the point and wish they'd just stop, they just keep going and going and going, even though they've already gotten across everything they wanted to say they also go off onto other tangents like that time I was sittin in my car and suddenly I thought of a great trade involving Danny Jackson and a gorilla except this gorilla is like the gorilla in Congo and have you ever seen that movie it's really not bad... Nevermind.

Most Positive

Begging the pardon of Rosy Red here, who's the rosiest of us all? Whose glass is consantly half full?

Most Negative

Who is the eeyore?

Best Use of an Emoticon

Whohttp://www.redszone.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif deserveshttp://www.redszone.com/forums/images/smilies/beerme.gif anhttp://www.redszone.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif for coming up with all the best of these little guyshttp://www.chriscaffery.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/dragon.gifhttp://www.chriscaffery.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_dorks.gifhttp://www.chriscaffery.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/lightsaber.gif out of all us posters.

Nicest

Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back? Who makes you grin like a little kid?

Best Moderator

Who do you depend on the most? Which one of those guys seems to fix everything?

Best Chatter

Only those that have attended the chat room may vote in this highly contested award. (Haynes underwear will be given to the winner. But not Haynes' underwear.)

Most Off-Topic

I like potatoes!

Best Newcomer

Who has joined Redszone in the last year and made a lasting impact? The Rookie of the Year.

Best Outsider

Favorite fan of a team other than the Reds

The Marty Brennamen Award

Who does the best job of play by play during the game threads?

The Old Red Guard Award

We all know the post. What was the most memorable post of the last year? The one that really made you think, reminisce or stand up and cheer.

Best Historian

Who does the best job of bringing back yesterday when baseball was a game and those who played it were gods?

Lifetime Achievement Award

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here? Someone who has been around since the early days and hasn't skipped a beat. The Frank Sinatra of Redszone.

Most Tired Topic of the Year

What one topic showed up in about 300 threads a day? The one that you swore you would go postal on someone if you saw one more thread about it ever again.

Spitball
01-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I started to fill this out and then realized there are too many great posters to simply put down a few names under most of the categories. This is just a too great a forum.

Btw, the non-sports forum is the best place to get advice and information I've ever found.

Caveat Emperor
01-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Ahh, the return of the Postee awards.

How you have been missed. ;)

Redsfan320
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
A couple nominations-

RoY- The Operator
Marty Brenneman (GT pbp)- Reds Fanatic
Chatter- nate
Tired topic- Jocketty vs. Krivsky
Mod- Paint
Nicest- Sir Charles
Stat-head- RedsManRick

Category Nomination: Poster who gets the most breaking info up the fastest- OBM

Razor Shines
01-30-2011, 05:54 PM
A couple nominations-

RoY- The Operator
Marty Brenneman (GT pbp)- Reds Fanatic
Chatter- nate
Tired topic- Jocketty vs. Krivsky
Mod- Paint
Nicest- Sir Charles
Stat-head- RedsManRick

Category Nomination: Poster who gets the most breaking info up the fastest- OBM

Speaking of which WEHT nate? He should be nominated for most missed and chatter.

Screwball
01-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I have a few nominations:

Best Tag: Razor Shines. Anything that contains a quote from It's Always Sunny has gotta be gold.

MVP: RMR. Several deserving candidates, though.

Funniest: camisadelgolf

Most long-winded: mth. Great content. I just wish he'd use less words.

Emoticon: Heather, of course.

Nicest: KittyDuran. Each one of us who attended a get-together during ST last year was treated to a little gift bag courtesy of Kitty. I found that to ridiculously thoughtful and nice.

Mod: Chip

Outsider: MattyMo. The Cardinals' organization is starting to border on unsufferable, but MattyMo can stick around as long as he likes.

Marty Brenneman: RedsFanatic

Historian: WOY. Duh.

Also, I'd like to add another category: Best poster that doesn't post very much, or something like that. This type of poster doens't post very often, but you're thankful when (s)he does. Or, in other words, he OPSes 1.200 on the season, but only plays in 26 games. This nomination turned out to be a lot harder than I first thought, but for this award, I nominate IslandRed. Invariably spot-on accurate with a sense of humility and congeniality. My only complaint is that he doesn't post enough.

mth123
01-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I have a few nominations:

Best Tag: Razor Shines. Anything that contains a quote from It's Always Sunny has gotta be gold.

MVP: RMR. Several deserving candidates, though.

Funniest: camisadelgolf

Most long-winded: mth. Great content. I just wish he'd use less words.

Emoticon: Heather, of course.

Nicest: KittyDuran. Each one of us who attended a get-together during ST last year was treated to a little gift bag courtesy of Kitty. I found that to ridiculously thoughtful and nice.

Mod: Chip

Outsider: MattyMo. The Cardinals' organization is starting to border on unsufferable, but MattyMo can stick around as long as he likes.

Marty Brenneman: RedsFanatic

Historian: WOY. Duh.

Also, I'd like to add another category: Best poster that doesn't post very much, or something like that. This type of poster doens't post very often, but you're thankful when (s)he does. Or, in other words, he OPSes 1.200 on the season, but only plays in 26 games. This nomination turned out to be a lot harder than I first thought, but for this award, I nominate IslandRed. Invariably spot-on accurate with a sense of humility and congeniality. My only complaint is that he doesn't post enough.

I second the nomination of Island Red. Briefly.;)

Redsfan320
01-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Most positive: I can't choose between Heather and Roy
MVP: Brutus

Screwball
01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
I second the nomination of Island Red. Briefly.;)

:D

I may need to go back and edit my funniest nomination...

camisadelgolf
01-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Most missed poster
Falls City Beer. He drove me up the wall, but his absence is certainly the most noticeable.

Best Moniker
*BaseClogger* even with those stupid asterisks.

Most Valuable Poster
OBM. He's really on top of things.

Most Clever
BCubb2003 - Random Thoughts. Need I say more?

Best Armchair GM
We all suck.

Best Trademeister
RedLegSuperStar always seems to have something to say about trades involving the Reds.

Best Discussion
Anything comparing Jocketty and Krivsky. A lot has been revealed, but way too much time has been devoted to it. I get mad every time the subject comes up, but at the same time, I'm interested enough to read the posts anyway.

Worst Typist
Me when I'm drunk. Otherwise, this is the most articulate forum I've ever visited.

Funniest
Puffy cracks me up.

Best Use of Statistics
This is undoubtedly RedsManRick.

Most Long-winded
BetterRead

Most Positive
The sky is always falling on RedsZone. ;)

Most Negative
Falls City Beer. His negativity transcends voting eligibility.

Best Use of an Emoticon
I loved this one: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2319211&postcount=117

Nicest
redsmetz

Best Moderator
Chip. He sometimes understands my humor even though it breaks the rules for moderators to have humor. ;)

Best Chatter
redsfandan. I don't really think of him when it comes to the chat room, but he's always good for some banter.

Most Off-Topic
gm. He stays fairly pertinent, but he always alludes to crazy references that are out of left field (no pun intended).

Best Newcomer
cinreds21. I hope he sticks around.

Best Outsider
Does jojo count? Jk. MattyMo4Life. I hate to pick a Cardinals fan, but he earned it.

Redsfan320

The Old Red Guard Award
I need help with this one.

Best Historian
westofyou

OnBaseMachine

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here?
dougdirt

Paul Janish and the whole discussion of his value and whether he should be the starter and how Dusty doesn't give him enough opportunity and . . .

membengal
01-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Speaking of which WEHT nate? He should be nominated for most missed and chatter.

Moved from Nashville to LA for work in August or September I think. Traveling quite a bit.

I hope work and life allows him to resurface as spring training gets here.

Redsfan320
01-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the nominations, camis and TO. I really like doing pbp, and am itching to get back at it this spring.

And nate's presence is certainly missed. I sent him a PM a couple months ago about doing PROject proJECT again this off-season, and never heard anything back. Hope he's doing well.

The Operator
01-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Most missed poster
nate. Brains and humor, what a catch!

Best Moniker
Brutus the Pimp

Most Valuable Poster
RedsManRick

Most Clever
Raisor

Best Trademeister
Krusty. Is this even up for debate?

Best Use of Statistics
RedsManRick

Most Positive
Heather

Nicest
Heather again.

Best Moderator
Umm, Me? Duh. But in all seriousness, I'll nominate the entire recently retired staff. They did a great job and it'll be a big task to fill their shoes.

Best Outsider
MattyMo4Life.

Redsfan320

Best Historian
westofyou

Boss and GIK. They did create the site, ya know.

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here?
I couldn't even begin to narrow that down to one person.

Wayne vs. Walt. The Reds are winning, let's just be happy and sing songs around a campfire.

kaldaniels
01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't have enough memory to go award by award...

But I'll give shoutouts to dougdirt and Redsmanrick....both of those guys, while I may not always agree with them, are more than willing to back up their assertions and answer any questions asked with the numbers.

Heather gets the nicest award from me.

And yeah, I hope Nate comes back.

Really a good group of posters here, looking forward to the season. :beerme:

redsfandan
01-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Best Chatter
redsfandan. I don't really think of him when it comes to the chat room, but he's always good for some banter.

Probably because I'm usually the most sober person in the chat room. Especially when GAC is in there with his Yuengling. lol

Heather gets my vote for most positive.

1990REDS
01-31-2011, 11:23 AM
What about best avatar? I nominate kaldanials with a drunk Charlie Sheen in a Reds shirt.

Razor Shines
01-31-2011, 11:26 AM
What about best avatar? I nominate kaldanials with a drunk Charlie Sheen in a Reds shirt.

I'd second that.

camisadelgolf
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd second that.
Yeah, I love it. That gets my vote, too.

kaldaniels
01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I love it. That gets my vote, too.

Thanks guys, as I just found it a few days ago, I hope it has legs and won't get stale. It was off the front page of deadspin and the minute I saw it I cropped and shrunk it down to 100x100 pixels as fast as I could. :D

1990REDS
01-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys, as I just found it a few days ago, I hope it has legs and won't get stale. It was off the front page of deadspin and the minute I saw it I cropped and shrunk it down to 100x100 pixels as fast as I could. :D

The only thing that I don't like about the avatar is that its not mine!!

The Operator
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
The Charlie Sheen topic seemed to be developing a life of it's own so I went ahead and gave it it's own thread.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87553

TeamCasey
02-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Most missed poster - *sniffle* Richard Hand ....... really?

LOL .... Just Kidding. Hi guys, nice to see someone bring this back.

Mario-Rijo
02-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I'd like to add a Most Improved Poster to potential ideas for categories down the road.

Most missed poster - Take your pick, TeamClark, nate, M2, SteelSD Cyclone792, Falls City Beer, along with a host of others all deserve mention. I like all of those folks but I'll go with RedlegJake.

Best tag line - Nemesis -
Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels... Kind of annoys me because I assume it's true and can only assume it to be. But appreciate it because obviously I have never thought of it that way before.

Honorable mention: Redhook via dsmith421 - Who can't appreciate a squirrel on a coke binge joke, or B.L. and E.D.?

Best Moniker - Onbasemachine - Can ya get more befitting for a guy who is always both here and ultra productive?

Honorable mention: Sabometrics & Vottomatic - Just such symmetry.

Most Valuable Poster - Brutus the Pimp - I think in 2010 Brutus was a great asset to the board in both quality and quantity. Probably was before that as well, just noticed it this year.

Honorable mention: redsof72 - Always has great insight into to the organization.

Most Clever - Nate - Seems to have a blend of effective ways to make you stop and take notice.

Honorable mention - Dom Heffner - Seems to be a pretty sharp guy.

Best Armchair GM - M2 - I know there are a few I'd feel comfortable with but I can't think of any at the moment. So I'll go with the gold standard.

Best Trademeister - Krusty - I'll go with the guy the award should be named for. Plus it's bad form to vote for yourself. ;)

Honorable mention: willM - The wheels are always turning.

Best Discussion - Speed vs. Power (a current discussion in the Bavasi not afraid to fast track Hamilton thread in the minor league forum). It's ongoing but I think there is some good stuff coming from it and I would like to see it continue.

Worst Typist - WVPacman (default answer) :confused:

Funniest - camisadelgolf - I find Cam pretty funny. Especially on the occasion he tips one too many back. :thumbup:

Honorable mention: remdog

Best Use of Statistics - RedsManRick

Most Long-winded - I know as I said earlier it is bad form to vote for yourself but this clearly fits me like a glove. Mario-Rijo

Most Positive - in general & 2010? That has to go to HeatherC1212.

Most positive about the Reds - edabbs44 :rockband:

Most Negative - I don't think there has been alot of negativity this past year. So no one comes to mind.

Best Use of an Emoticon - I have always liked WVPacman's little drunken emoticon. It fits well with his other award earned. ;)

Nicest - This is very hard because there are so many nice people here. Vada Pinson Fan is always good people.

Honorable mention: redsmetz

Best Moderator - I know it is stated often but we don't have too many problems here so I'd say them all. But I have noticed paintmered & his diligence so much over the past few years. Speaking of Paint, WTH happened to the Avatar (one of the best ever)?!

Best Avatar - Since Paint reminded me...and since paint no longer has his I gotta go macro. My childlike tendency to overappreciate something colorful or something that is moving I guess.

Honorable Mention: Cedric & Pahster

Best Chatter - Don't qualify to vote.

Most Off-Topic - Ugh, not sure.

Best Newcomer - cinreds21 - One of my favorite guys to read on the minor league forum and is a true newcomer only been here since July '10.

Honorable Mention: Redsfan320 - Considering he is 14 he is a heck of a poster. Could be the next OBM. :eek:

Best Outsider - blumj - I often think he is a Reds fan, (is he?). But I do know he likes Boston.

Honorable mention: MattyMo

The Marty Brennamen Award: I believe that has to be Sir_Charles

Honorable mention: Reds44

The Old Red Guard Award - I'm blanking on a great post of the year nominee.

Best Historian - WOY

Honorable mention - Big Klu

Lifetime Achievement Award - BCubb2003 - The man just come out with a book of things he has said on RZ what else could one want in a HOF type?

Most Tired Topic of the Year - That has to be Walt vs. Wayne - Unfortunately I was at the forefront of the discussion virtually every time it came up. And although I would still argue it, even I am tired of doing so.

Redsfan320
02-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Most Valuable Poster - Brutus the Pimp - I think in 2010 Brutus was a great asset to the board in both quality and quantity. Probably was before that as well, just noticed it this year.

He's absolutely a deserving nominee.

Best Newcomer - cinreds21 - One of my favorite guys to read on the minor league forum and is a true newcomer only been here since July '10.

Honorable Mention: Redsfan320 - Considering he is 14 he is a heck of a poster. Could be the next OBM.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I also think willM deserves some sort of award for consistent, well-thought out posts. :thumbup:. Maybe right there in the running for MVP.

Ghosts of 1990
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Didn't have the time to go through and nominate individuals--but this is the best sports, and baseball forum anywhere on the internet and I've been in a few of them and lurked on many more. I enjoy pretty much everyone on here and learn something new every day it seems like just reading through the threads. Makes me proud to be a Reds fan.

mth123
02-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I've been resisting this for fear of offending some one, but I probably do that when I post without really trying anyhow. I'm bored and some posters who get less mention might be worthy of a little recognition so here goes.

Most missed poster - This is a hard one. I miss Stormy and his overall correctness when it comes to sizing up the Reds. I miss M2 and his overall baseball knowledge. I miss Steel and his instructive stat accumen and I miss FCB who kept the place interesting and lively (and was right a lot more than people would like to admit IMO). Buckeye Redleg is another guy who was good and who seems to have disappeared. Finally, Redsland was very enjoyable but doesn't post much anymore.

Most Valuable Poster - Hoosier Red is very overlooked. He posts enough to be a presence and his comments are usually pretty good. He's not flashy or controversial so he's overlooked IMO, but his posts are interesting, usually accurate and w/o the arrogance or nastiness that so many seem to have.

Island Red would be my other choice in this category, but doesn't seem to post as much as he used to. He's almost always right on the money. Post more IR.

DougDirt and OBM get props for keeping the minor league forum going. Easily my favorite part of Redszone.

Best Armchair GM - Benihana. I like his ideas. Wish the Reds had an Upton in LF. Will M should get some love as well.

Best Trademeister - Benihana see above.

Funniest/Most Clever - BCubb's Random thoughts are always both. I hate to encourage Raisor too much, but he's really funny too. ;)

Best Discussion - The prospect rankings always interest me. A lot more information there that isn't see easy to find elsewhere.

Worst Typist - Me no doubt, but I try to hide it by editing frequently.

Most Positive - Everybody seems to be on the bandwagon right now, but RedsMetz and Heather win this one IMO. Sir Charles might be close as well. Edabbs where Jocketty is concerned.

Most Negative -Probably me.

Nicest - Kitty Duran seems pretty selfless. RedsMetz has the friendliest posts.

Best Outsider - MattyMo.

The Marty Brennamen Award - RedsFanatic, RedsMan3203 and Tornon do very well.

Best Historian - Big Klu's past line-ups win this one for me. WOY and Redsbaron are pretty good too.

Lifetime Achievement Award - Gonelong is another poster who has been around a while and provides good content. His prediction threads are a staple and he deserves some love IMO.

After this, I think Screwball is right. I am the most long-winded.

HeatherC1212
02-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I just got home from vacation on Monday and have been sick as all get out all week so I'm not feeling very positive right now but I appreciate all the votes here. Thanks guys! I'll try not to let you down for this upcoming season although I need to get healthy first. :D

Shocked I didn't get a vote for obsessive use of emoticons, LOL :laugh:

Topcat
02-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Nicest - This is very hard because there are so many nice people here. Vada Pinson Fan is always good people.

KittyDuran and damn award should be titles as so. She truly is the Babe Ruth of redszone. In all my years on any forums nobody can hold a candle to her kindness and outright contributions and willingness to help others,

Not sure if it an award but what Dirt and OBM bring to minor league forums is beyond amazing.

Topcat
02-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Best Historian - WOY that is a slam dunk easily

Best Trademeister - krusty

Most missed poster : FCB would love him back honestly

Category addition I would add is the "Chip award" man over the years has he done some of the best game day threads I have ever read.

paintmered
02-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Speaking of Paint, WTH happened to the Avatar (one of the best ever)?!

Glad you liked it. I actually stole it from Krono probably eight years ago. Now that I'm no longer a mod, it seemed appropriate to put it into retirement.

CougarQuest
02-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Most missed poster - *sniffle* Richard Hand ....... really?

LOL .... Just Kidding. Hi guys, nice to see someone bring this back.

REALLY?!?!?!

:cool:

CougarQuest
02-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Funniest/Most Clever - BCubb's Random thoughts are always both.

:thumbup::beerme:

Redsfan320
02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
CougarQuest. I didn't sign up until you'd pretty much quit. I'd only seen posts of yours in the archives. Welcome back!

02-14-2011, 02:01 AM
:thumbup::beerme:

You must hold some record for longest time between posts. Welcome back!

CougarQuest
02-14-2011, 03:38 PM
You must hold some record for longest time between posts. Welcome back!
Sometimes I remember my password :p:

VR
02-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Sometimes I remember my password :p:

Good to see you around CQ....hope you have that password written down now...

VR

Mario-Rijo
02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Glad you liked it. I actually stole it from Krono probably eight years ago. Now that I'm no longer a mod, it seemed appropriate to put it into retirement.

Fair enough, does seem appropriate, though it'll be missed. :thumbup:

CougarQuest
02-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Good to see you around CQ....hope you have that password written down now...

VR

And possibly let my wife have access to this account!!??? Some things are too sacred.

CougarQuest
02-15-2011, 05:14 PM
TY Redsfan320, 919191, and VR:D

jmcclain19
02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Boss & GIK get whatever awards you can give out. Thanks guys for running the best Reds site out there.

Kitty is awesome. Huge props for the gift back from last year. I still owe you some swag from a ST game.

And WMR - well every family has that member who's the drunk uncle who spends time as a trenchcoat flasher.

marcshoe
02-28-2011, 12:33 AM

Bill Simmons is now using it as his Twitter avatar. :cool:

1990REDS
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
So does this mean Kaldaniels is actually Bill Simmons???:)