PDA

View Full Version : ST Announcement

cinreds21
01-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Hey guys, just thought i'd let everyone know that I'm going to Reds camp this Spring Training. In the past, I did a "Spring Training Diary" (on another forum) when I went to Marlins camp the past few years. Now I thought I'd do one on here.

Give me feedback and stuff you want to me to keep a lookout for.

OnBaseMachine
01-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow, that sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to reading your insight. Will you be following major league camp, minor league camp, or both?

cinreds21
01-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow, that sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to reading your insight. Will you be following major league camp, minor league camp, or both?

Both. Minor league games won't start when I'm there but they'll be doing workouts and such.

Also, I am going to post it in the Minor league forum.

If anyone wants to read my previous Spring Training Diary, here's the link:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465365

OnBaseMachine
01-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Sounds good man. I can't wait.

I would love to hear some reports on some of younger guys like Ismael Guillon, Juan Duran, Jonathan Correa, Junior Arias, and Yorman Rodriguez...

cinreds21
02-08-2011, 02:23 PM
The ST diary will be posted on this website. Until then, enjoy other posts I put up there about things going on in baseball.

http://thrill21.wordpress.com/

paintmered
02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Assuming my travel plans work out, I'll be at the March 7th game against the Brewers in Goodyear. I'll be sure to bring my camera and share the photos with you all.

cinreds21
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I'll see you there. I'll be there then.

paintmered
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Question for anyone who's been to Goodyear for games before. How is attendance? I assume I'm fine if I buy a ticket at the gate?

jmcclain19
02-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Question for anyone who's been to Goodyear for games before. How is attendance? I assume I'm fine if I buy a ticket at the gate?

I went to 10 games last year, and the only one I bought in advance was the opener. And I still could have picked up those tickets at the gate too.

Here are my tips/pointers for everyone heading out for the first time.

Remember - the Reds sit on the 3b side, the Indians on the 1st base.

There is an extra shade riser that covers the top part of 3rd base side. If you burn easily or it gets later in to March when it reaches 80-85, not sitting out in the heat can be something to think about. Bring sunscreen no matter the weather.

There is always plenty of grass seats, And its (I believer) $4-5 a seat on the Berm which is a pretty sweet deal.

For the Reds/Indians games, they usual run "Ohio specials" where you can buy one ticket get another half off or buy one get one free. But I've only seen that deal at the Goodyear ticket window, never advertised.

They always for every game have some Indians or Reds legend signing balls on the 3rd base side above the seats. Sometimes they announce ahead of time who it will be. Last time I know I saw Bob Feller twice, Frank Robinson once and Joe Morgan once. The lines are usually pretty short if you've ever wanted some of those types of guys autographs.

They sell Skyline Chilli at the vendor along the 3rd base line if your into that as well.

There is plenty of parking nearby, but any restaurants/fast food/bars are several miles away. The Stadium is literally in an open field away from everything.

jmcclain19
02-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Also if anyone is going - shoot me a PM. I plan on hitting about 7-8 games this year and it's always awesome to meet fellow Redszoners.

muddie
02-11-2011, 07:06 PM

From what I've seen on television and from what seats are available now, I'd say attendance is poor. You should be fine at the gate.

paintmered
02-11-2011, 08:58 PM
That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Thanks, guys. :thumbup:

Johnny Footstool
02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm going to be there the week of March 20th.

You should be able to get decent walk-up tickets without much difficulty.

I'll echo what jmcclain19 wrote: get seats on the 3rd base side, above the Reds dugout, underneath the sun shade.

The Reds/Indians game last year was a ridiculous zoo. We parked in a dirt lot about a mile away from the entrance. Every other game, parking was on dirt, but close very close to the gate.

paintmered
02-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Every other game, parking was on dirt.

It's a good thing my rental car will have the off-road package.

Always Red
02-11-2011, 09:33 PM
That sounds great- If I can't be there, then the next best thing is hearing from someone who is actually there. Thank you for your work!

For most of us here, it's not just spring training that starts next week, but it's the actual, real, official start of spring- the most wonderful time of the year!

cinreds21
03-05-2011, 12:19 AM
First Spring Training blog post is up:

http://thrill21.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/back-in-az/

I think this is the last one I'll do on here, the rest will be posted under the minor league thread so look there daily to get updated.