PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton, Rangers agree to 2-year deal

cinreds21
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
The Texas Rangers have signed 2010 AL MVP Josh Hamilton to a two-year, $24-million deal.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
#rangers have called press conference to announce 2-yr deal with superstar josh hamilton.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
hamilton got $24 mil for 2 yrs from texas

VR
02-10-2011, 03:21 PM
The Texas Rangers have signed the 2010 AL MVP Josh Hamilton to a two-year, $24-million deal.

Good for Josh.......while his value is potentially twice that, it serves both sides interests well for the time being.

The Operator
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I was wondering what kind of deal Hamilton would eventually get.

His health and past history make him a risk for a very long deal, but he's SO good that he's still worth locking up for a while.

TRF
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I wonder if there is a clause protecting the Rangers if he relapses. And before i get flamed, it's a legitimate thought.

muddie
02-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I wonder if there is a clause protecting the Rangers if he relapses. And before i get flamed, it's a legitimate thought.

Very legitimate concern at $25 million. I'd like to know if there is some clause as well. Having said that, I believe Josh has himself pointed in the right direction and the support around him to make it stick.

Glad for Josh.

savafan
02-10-2011, 06:43 PM
I just can't help but think about how wickedly sick an outfield of Bruce, Hamilton and Stubbs would be with a pitching staff of Arroyo, Cueto, Wood, Bailey and Leake/Chapman...

westofyou
02-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Of course there is a clause, and it's in all players contracts. No other drug or behavior clauses supersede the standard player agreement.

TRF
02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Of course there is a clause, and it's in all players contracts. No other drug or behavior clauses supersede the standard player agreement.

I don't recall a player not getting paid because of non ped drug use.

savafan
02-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't recall a player not getting paid because of non ped drug use.

I'm actually pretty sure that Steve Howe, Dwight Gooden and others even received their salary while they were suspended.