PDA

View Full Version : League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

AtomicDumpling
02-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Welcome back to the League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

So far 10 owners have signed in to play again this year. We are still waiting for Brutus the Pimp to sign up, but he said he was going to play.

HumnHilghtFreel has decided to drop out of the league provided we can find a replacement owner, which shouldn't be a problem.

If anybody out there would like to take over HumnHilghtFreel's team just drop me a PM. The team is not bad, definitely has potential. This is a dynasty league, which means you can keep all 30 of your players.

As soon as all 12 owners are signed into the league I will enter the rosters so we can start making trades and planning our strategy for the draft and the season.

Everyone is encouraged to post in this thread. Please share your thoughts, concerns, smack talk, banter and trade ideas so we can all discuss them as a group. An active league is a fun league.

Once everyone gets registered for the league I will be able to add all our players to our rosters. I will need to know which 30 players you want to keep. You might have had more than 30 players at the end of the season if you had players on the Disabled List. You can view your roster from last season on the website by going to your Yahoo fantasy profile and selecting last year's league, or you can select 2010 from the dropdown box on the league homepage.

We will have a 5 round draft this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin sometime around March 10th-17th so we can see what happens in Spring Training before we draft. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft.

Season 2 Draft Order:
1) Joseph
2) HumnHilghtFreel Replacement Owner
3) thatcoolguy_22
4) Captain Hook
5) HayPay
6) Tornon
7) IowaRed
8) reds1869
9) Vada Pinson Fan
10) Bumstead
11) Brutus the Pimp
12) AtomicDumpling

The Waiver Priority to begin the season will be the same as the draft order.

Season 2 Draft:
The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis.

I am glad to have all you guys back again for another great season of fantasy baseball. I have some good plans in store to hopefully kick the league up another notch to keep it fresh, interesting and exciting this season. We have some teams that have stressed the youth movement that should start seeing some big improvements this year.

Please feel free to begin posting your thoughts on the league message board and in our league thread in the Fantasy Island section of Redszone.

As soon as everyone signs into the league and I get the rosters entered we can begin making trades. Obviously we won't be able to add any free agents before the draft.

Can't wait to get started!

-- Atomic Dumpling

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2011, 10:29 PM
We still need to find one replacement owner to take over a team in this league. Any Redszone members out there that want to join this competitive dynasty league?

All owners in the league are Redszone members, which makes this league a lot more fun than playing with a bunch of strangers in a public league.

Redsfan320
02-24-2011, 09:24 AM
I'll take it. Last year was my 1st year playing FBB, in the RZ Auction League that Eric the Red runs. I'm returning to that this year, but I think I'm ready to add another league. PM me with the roster. I choose which players I want to keep out of HHF's roster from last year, correct?

CC: PM to AD

reds1869
02-24-2011, 09:39 AM
I'll take it. Last year was my 1st year playing FBB, in the RZ Auction League that Eric the Red runs. I'm returning to that this year, but I think I'm ready to add another league. PM me with the roster. I choose which players I want to keep out of HHF's roster from last year, correct?

CC: PM to AD

Awesome! You were a great member of our auction league and I can't wait to have you over here.

Redsfan320
02-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Awesome! You were a great member of our auction league and I can't wait to have you over here.

What you're really thinking: Yes! He was a sucker there, now he's some fresh meat here. HAHAHA.

No really, thanks dude. Lookin' forward to playing here and trying the whole slow draft- inheriting a team instead of building it from scratch type thing.

Brutus
02-24-2011, 10:20 PM
What you're really thinking: Yes! He was a sucker there, now he's some fresh meat here. HAHAHA.

No really, thanks dude. Lookin' forward to playing here and trying the whole slow draft- inheriting a team instead of building it from scratch type thing.

Glad you're on board!

I'm looking forward to another likely second place finish. And that's not being too presumptuous, but rather simply a matter of odds. Last year made it like 90% of the time I've been in a fantasy league, I've finished second. It's my rightful spot in life.

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Redsfan320 has been accepted as the new owner in the League of Reds Nation. Welcome to the league Redsfan320! Now it is time to show us what you got. :welcome:

Joseph
02-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Welcome to the club.

Redsfan320
03-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I would certainly be willing to talk for a 1B. Right now I've got Loney. My starting trade chips would be him and an OF (I've got Choo, McCutchen, Jackson, DeJesus, and Bourn).

Tornon
03-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I would certainly be willing to talk for a 1B. Right now I've got Loney. My starting trade chips would be him and an OF (I've got Choo, McCutchen, Jackson, DeJesus, and Bourn).

I'm not sure if you'd consider Derrek Lee or Matt LaPorta as upgrades.. if you do, I'd be willing to talk

AtomicDumpling
03-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey guys,

Your players have been added to your teams. You can now go to your team page to set your lineup, plan your strategies and propose trades to other teams.

Please do not add any free agents before the draft. :p:

We need to set a date to begin the slow draft, which will last for 5 rounds. I will tentatively suggest March 10th at Noon as the start time for the draft. Please let me know if that works for you.

Please be active on the message board and the Redszone thread. An active league is a fun league!

Good luck with your teams, let get this baby rolling. :thumbup:

Draft rules:
1.You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
3. Yahoo will add players to the database after the draft has begun. Any player that is not available in the list at the time of the first pick of the draft will not be eligible to be drafted for the duration of the draft. Those players will be available on waivers after the draft. This rule is to make sure all team owners have an equal shot at all players. The commissioner will keep a list of all players ineligible to be drafted.
4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
5.If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
7. The draft will be a straight draft. All rounds have the same draft order.
9. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.

2011:
The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.

2011 Waiver Priority:
Waiver priority will be set as the reverse of the prior year's standings.

Redsfan320
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure if you'd consider Derrek Lee or Matt LaPorta as upgrades.. if you do, I'd be willing to talk

Tornon, I sent you an email before I saw your message here. Just ignore the email, we can talk here. As I said in the email, I'd be looking to add a good OF in there (say Choo) and Loney for a sweeter return of Dunn.

EDIT: After thinking for half a 2nd, there's no chance in heck I trade Loney and Choo for Dunn. The OF would have to not be as good as Choo. But still, something along those lines. My OFers are: Choo, Bourn, McCutchen, DeJesus, Austin Jackson, Chris Carter (Oak, not NYM), and Abreu.

AtomicDumpling
03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Tornon, I sent you an email before I saw your message here. Just ignore the email, we can talk here. As I said in the email, I'd be looking to add a good OF in there (say Choo) and Loney for a sweeter return of Dunn.

EDIT: After thinking for half a 2nd, there's no chance in heck I trade Loney and Choo for Dunn. The OF would have to not be as good as Choo. But still, something along those lines. My OFers are: Choo, Bourn, McCutchen, DeJesus, Austin Jackson, Chris Carter (Oak, not NYM), and Abreu.

Choo and Loney for Dunn would be sweet. :thumbup:

Tornon
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM

Well I'm reallllllly hesitant to trade away Dunn right now. If I were to give him up, I think McCutchen would at least have to be involved somehow and even then I don't know how I feel about it. I think Dunn's gonna be a monster this year

On the other side of things, I think I'd be willing to trade Lee or LaPorta if you swap me draft positions in the first round (2nd pick for 6th)

AtomicDumpling
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
It will be interesting to see how Dunn's numbers are affected by the move to that hitters park in Chicago. He should have some better hitters protecting him in the lineup too.

Redsfan320
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Well I'm reallllllly hesitant to trade away Dunn right now. If I were to give him up, I think McCutchen would at least have to be involved somehow and even then I don't know how I feel about it. I think Dunn's gonna be a monster this year

On the other side of things, I think I'd be willing to trade Lee or LaPorta if you swap me draft positions in the first round (2nd pick for 6th)

My roster is full. Do I still participate in a draft??? Did I miss something?

And I would be willing to certainly consider Loney/McCutchen for Dunn.

Tornon
03-02-2011, 09:52 PM

And I would be willing to certainly consider Loney/McCutchen for Dunn.

You can draft players, you just have to drop someone from your roster once you pick. And I've thought about it.. I'm kind of hesitant on that deal even since RBI's are really the stat I need to focus on.

AtomicDumpling
03-02-2011, 09:54 PM

Most people will have 30 players on their roster going into the draft. When you make a pick you may have to drop a player at the same time to stay at or below 30.

If you have a player that can be put on the Disabled List before or during the draft it would save you from having to drop a player to make a pick.

Any player that is dropped during the draft is eligible to be drafted by someone else.

AtomicDumpling
03-02-2011, 09:59 PM
We will have a 5 round draft this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin March 10th so we can see some of what happens in Spring Training before we draft. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft.

Season 2 Draft Order:
1) Joseph
2) Redsfan320
3) thatcoolguy_22
4) Captain Hook
5) HayPay
6) Tornon
7) IowaRed
8) reds1869
9) Vada Pinson Fan
10) Bumstead
11) Brutus the Pimp
12) AtomicDumpling

Redsfan320
03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
You can draft players, you just have to drop someone from your roster once you pick. And I've thought about it.. I'm kind of hesitant on that deal even since RBI's are really the stat I need to focus on.

First of all, thanks for clearing up the draft situation for me, Tornon and AD. Secondly, I understand about the RBIs. I'm not desperate for Dunn so much as I'm looking for some better 1B than Loney. I'll look over our rosters tomorrow and either be back with another proposal or look elsewhere.

Tornon
03-02-2011, 10:06 PM
First of all, thanks for clearing up the draft situation for me, Tornon and AD. Secondly, I understand about the RBIs. I'm not desperate for Dunn so much as I'm looking for some better 1B than Loney. I'll look over our rosters tomorrow and either be back with another proposal or look elsewhere.

Yeah, it's alright. I was just warning you that I'm valuing Dunn extremely high at the moment, so I'd kind of have to be blown away to trade him.

Redsfan320
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it's alright. I was just warning you that I'm valuing Dunn extremely high at the moment, so I'd kind of have to be blown away to trade him.

Yeah, I've been that way about players before.

AtomicDumpling
03-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Hey Redsfan320,
How do you feel about that team you took over? Wicked pitching staff. The team seems better than an 11th place team for sure.

Redsfan320
03-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Hey Redsfan320,
How do you feel about that team you took over? Wicked pitching staff. The team seems better than an 11th place team for sure.

I feel pretty good about it, love the OF depth. The IF is a bit shaky, but yeah, it looks like a pretty good team.

BTW, weekly lineups or daily? I'm pretty sure its daily considering how active everyone seems to be, just confirming.

AtomicDumpling
03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I feel pretty good about it, love the OF depth. The IF is a bit shaky, but yeah, it looks like a pretty good team.

BTW, weekly lineups or daily? I'm pretty sure its daily considering how active everyone seems to be, just confirming.

Daily lineups!

Redsfan320
03-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Daily lineups!

Sweet.

AtomicDumpling
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Draft begins Sunday March 13th at 12:00 Noon. Joseph has the 1st pick. Each pick has a time limit of 10 hours.

If you would like to receive a text message when your turn comes up send me your cell phone number.

Joseph
03-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Am I allowed to announce the contract I reached with my first round pick prior to the draft ala the NFL?

In all seriousness, I'm ready to make my pick and am not sure I'll be available on Sunday, would you like me to go ahead or just PM it to you Atomic?

AtomicDumpling
03-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Am I allowed to announce the contract I reached with my first round pick prior to the draft ala the NFL?

In all seriousness, I'm ready to make my pick and am not sure I'll be available on Sunday, would you like me to go ahead or just PM it to you Atomic?

You can go ahead and post it on the message board if you like. If you make your pick early then the 2nd pick will go on the clock at Noon on Sunday.

I bet I can predict your pick! :thumbup:

Joseph
03-11-2011, 10:40 PM
With the first pick in the draft, Josephs Future All Stars select from the Washington Nationals, Bryce Harper.

We'd also like to announce the release of Asdrubal Cabrera, SS.

AtomicDumpling
03-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Nice pick Joseph. Sure will be interesting to see how Harper develops.

Redsfan320 is up next with pick 1.2 although his 10-hour timer doesn't start until Noon on Sunday.

Redsfan320
03-12-2011, 08:12 AM
With the second pick of the first round of the Year 2 League of Reds Nation Draft, Redsfan320 selects Jorge Cantu (1B-3B-SD).

Redsfan320 would like to release Todd Helton (1B-Col).

Vada Pinson Fan
03-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Hey Gang!

Just checking in and wow, my 4th place team from last year is having some issues already this year (LOL) with Wainwright being out for the season (no, I won't release him), my 3rd baseman- Young/Tex - and what the addition of Beltre means there, etc.

I still have some major talent on my team and I'm always available for trade talks.

Last year was great fun and if memory serves, it was a 2 team race most of the year between eventual league champion Atomic Dumpling and my team that unfortunately faded badly during the last month and finished 4th overall. I offer my sincerest congratulations to the the teams finishing ahead of me: #1-ATOMIC DUMPLING, #2 -BRUTUS THE PIMP and #3 - BUMSTEAD!!! A fine job gents!!!

I'm also a commissioner of a different Redszone Dynasty League now in its SEASON 3 and also in a CBS weekly lineups league again this season but just as a manager. I love my fantasy baseball for sure and love to talk and make trades!!!!!! This year my Vada Pinson Fan team may have an underlying name of Jerry's Big Bargain Barn but I hope my players get healthy and soon; find a job and hopefully I get lucky picking a player or 2 that will return big dividends to my team in our upcoming draft.

Best of Luck to Everyone!!! PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

-Vada

AtomicDumpling
03-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey Gang!

Just checking in and wow, my 4th place team from last year is having some issues already this year (LOL) with Wainwright being out for the season (no, I won't release him), my 3rd baseman- Young/Tex - and what the addition of Beltre means there, etc.

I still have some major talent on my team and I'm always available for trade talks.

Last year was great fun and if memory serves, it was a 2 team race most of the year between eventual league champion Atomic Dumpling and my team that unfortunately faded badly during the last month and finished 4th overall. I offer my sincerest congratulations to the the teams finishing ahead of me: #1-ATOMIC DUMPLING, #2 -BRUTUS THE PIMP and #3 - BUMSTEAD!!! A fine job gents!!!

I'm also a commissioner of a different Redszone Dynasty League now in its SEASON 3 and also in a CBS weekly lineups league again this season but just as a manager. I love my fantasy baseball for sure and love to talk and make trades!!!!!! This year my Vada Pinson Fan team may have an underlying name of Jerry's Big Bargain Barn but I hope my players get healthy and soon; find a job and hopefully I get lucky picking a player or 2 that will return big dividends to my team in our upcoming draft.

Best of Luck to Everyone!!! PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

-Vada

Losing Wainwright is a very tough break. That is going to hurt. I bet your managerial skills will have you near the top again this year anyway. We will all have injuries strike, but it is really bad to lose your best pitcher for the whole season.

I am missing my best pitcher too. Johan Santana is going to miss at least half the season and who knows how good he will be upon his return. I am hoping I get fewer major injuries this year than I did last year. I lost several of my best players for long stretches last year -- Johan Santana, Carlos Santana, Victor Martinez, Kevin Youkilis, Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino, Travis Snider, Ted Lilly, Huston Street, Carlos Beltran and Ricky Nolasco all missed weeks or months of games last year for me.

AtomicDumpling
03-12-2011, 11:28 AM
thatcoolguy_22 is up next with pick 1.3 although his 10-hour timer doesn't start until Noon on Sunday.

AtomicDumpling
03-12-2011, 06:45 PM
thatcoolguy_22 selected Mike Moustakas with pick 1.3 in the first round.

Captain Hook is now up for pick 1.4 although his 10-hour timer doesn't start until Noon on Sunday.

It is cool that we got this thing rolling before the official start time. Good picks so far guys. Save me a good one!

Captain Hook
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I'll get my pick in tonight guys but it'll be a few hours.

Tornon
03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Captain Hook took Mike Trout at 1.4, Hay Pay appears to be up now followed by me

Vada Pinson Fan
03-13-2011, 05:54 AM
Captain Hook took Mike Trout at 1.4

Hook lands Trout? Sounds fishy to me.

-Vada

Tornon
03-13-2011, 12:32 PM
HayPay took Julio Teheran at pick 1.5
I took J.J. Putz at 1.6

AtomicDumpling
03-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Hook lands Trout? Sounds fishy to me.

-Vada

Nice one Jerry! :thumbup:

Joseph
03-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Is this a snake draft? IE 1-12 then 12-1?

AtomicDumpling
03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Is this a snake draft? IE 1-12 then 12-1?

No it is a straight draft. 1-12 in each round.

reds1869
03-13-2011, 05:18 PM
With pick 1.8 I am drafting Tsuoshi Nishioka @B/SS Minnesota. To make room I have dropped Juan Francisco 3B Cincinnati. Vada Pinson Fan is on teh clock and has been emailed.

AtomicDumpling
03-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Nice pick reds1869. It will be interesting to see how Tsuyoshi Nishioka does for the Twins after winning the batting title in Japan last year.

Joseph
03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Very good pick. I was looking at him with my second pick.

reds1869
03-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys. I'm very excited about him. If nothing else the speed will translate to MLB, but I have high hopes for his hitting and decent power.

Vada Pinson Fan
03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
1.9 - John Lackey added dropped Jose Guillen.

Pick #1.10 Bumstead is now up.

-Vada

Vada Pinson Fan
03-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Now that my pick has been made; Bumstead has been notified it is now his turn to draft.

-Vada

AtomicDumpling
03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
1.10) Bumstead -- Eric Hosmer
1.11) Brutus the Pimp -- Bud Norris
1.12) AtomicDumpling -- Wil Myers

Now we move on to the 2nd round. Joseph is on the clock for pick 2.1

Don't forget to add the new player to your team and post your pick on the message board, then email the next team owner to let him know it is his turn. Posting your pick here in this thread is optional but encouraged.

Bumstead
03-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Add: Eric Hosmer
Drop: Brad Penny

Brutus
03-14-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm a little disappointed in that I was going to take Wil Myers, but I didn't see him available in the player pool. Then I saw AD take him right after my pick. I can't complain too much, as he apparently was there but I must of missed him somehow, just a little disappointed by that.

That said, I suppose I'm fine with my pick as I think Norris is going to bust out this year. But I hope that he does because Myers will be a stud, especially if he's able to maintain catcher eligibility lol

AtomicDumpling
03-14-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm a little disappointed in that I was going to take Wil Myers, but I didn't see him available in the player pool. Then I saw AD take him right after my pick. I can't complain too much, as he apparently was there but I must of missed him somehow, just a little disappointed by that.

That said, I suppose I'm fine with my pick as I think Norris is going to bust out this year. But I hope that he does because Myers will be a stud, especially if he's able to maintain catcher eligibility lol

Yeah Myers was in the pool. This will probably be his last year with catcher eligibility because the Royals have moved him to the outfield. I was hoping to get Hosmer but am very happy to "settle" for Myers instead. I think Myers will be just as good as Hosmer but will take longer to reach the majors.

Joseph
03-14-2011, 06:56 PM

Brent Morel 3B CWS

dropped Jeff Neimann.

Redsfan320
03-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Danny Valencia (3B-Min)

dropped Chipper Jones (3B-Atl)

thatcoolguy_22 is now on the clock.

Tornon
03-15-2011, 08:46 AM
2.3 Asdrubal Cabrera
2.4 Devin Mesoraco
2.5 Michael Pineda
2.6 Frank Francisco

reds1869
03-15-2011, 12:21 PM
2.8 Lonnie Chisenhall, drop Wilson Ramos. Jerry on the clock.

(With 2.7 Iowa Red took Brandon Belt.)

AtomicDumpling
03-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Dang the guys I wanted are dropping fast. :(

Captain Hook
03-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Dang the guys I wanted are dropping fast. :(

No one feels sorry for ya champ.;)

AtomicDumpling
03-15-2011, 02:31 PM
No one feels sorry for ya champ.;)

That's OK. I don't blame you. :mooner:

But now I want to beat you just a little bit more than I did before. :KoolAid:

Brutus
03-16-2011, 12:25 AM
2.11 Jordan Walden

AtomicDumpling
03-16-2011, 12:53 AM
2.12 Matt Moore

Joseph is now on the clock to kick off the 3rd round of the draft.

Redsfan320
03-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Joseph picked 3.1- Javier Vasquez

3.2- Ryan Doumit, dropped AJ Pierzynski.

thatcoolguy_22 is now on the clock. (I'll shoot him a PM.)

Brutus
03-18-2011, 10:52 PM
3.11 James Shields

Joseph
03-19-2011, 06:14 PM
I passed on my pick, as did Atomic before me.

Captain Hook
03-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Looks like I got skipped on my pick.It's totally ok considering I had decided I'm likely done drafting.Just sorry that you guys had to wait it out.In my defense though, I thought I'd be getting a text to alert me when my turn came around.

AtomicDumpling
03-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Looks like I got skipped on my pick.It's totally ok considering I had decided I'm likely done drafting.Just sorry that you guys had to wait it out.In my defense though, I thought I'd be getting a text to alert me when my turn came around.

My bad Captain, I didn't want to wake you up with a text message in the middle of the night. You can still make your pick after getting skipped -- you don't lose the pick.

Captain Hook
03-21-2011, 02:09 AM
My bad Captain, I didn't want to wake you up with a text message in the middle of the night. You can still make your pick after getting skipped -- you don't lose the pick.

No problem.I good.:cool:

Brutus
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
I hadn't been given a heads up I was on the clock, but since no one had gone since I was passed, i went ahead and made a pick (Matt Joyce) with this selection.

I probably will have a pick to make when it's my turn for the 5th round, then I believe I'll be calling it a day.

Captain Hook
03-22-2011, 06:19 PM
FWIW i'm done drafting and can be skipped going forward.

AtomicDumpling
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
We are half way through the 5th and final round of the draft. I hope everyone feels like they improved their team a little bit. Soon it will be time to start making some trades, which is really the best way to improve our teams in a dynasty league.

Redsfan320
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
I still can't get my trade with HayPay to go through. Still getting that pesky error message... is there any way you can force the issue, AD?

AtomicDumpling
03-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I still can't get my trade with HayPay to go through. Still getting that pesky error message... is there any way you can force the issue, AD?

Yes just tell me what the trade is and I will confirm it with HayPay then put it through the system.

Redsfan320
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Redsfan320 gets:

Logan Morrison (Fla- OF)
Freddie Freeman (Atl- 1B)

HayPay gets:

Andrew McCutchen (Pit- OF)

Redsfan320 drops:

Jorge Cantu (SD- 1B,3B)

AtomicDumpling
03-23-2011, 06:53 PM
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Redsfan320 gets:
Logan Morrison (Fla- OF)
Freddie Freeman (Atl- 1B)

HayPay gets:
Andrew McCutchen (Pit- OF)

Redsfan320 drops:
Jorge Cantu (SD- 1B,3B)

For some reason the Yahoo system was not allowing the trade to go through, so I am using the Commish Tools to put the trade through manually. I am still unable to transfer Freddie Freeman over to Redsfan320 because Freeman is involved in another proposed trade. As soon as HayPay cancels that proposed trade I will be able to finalize the trade. I am not sure why Yahoo was unable to process the trade, must be a bug in the system.

Brutus
03-23-2011, 07:10 PM
5.11 is made. I went with Miguel Tejada.

I'm without a backup catcher, but I don't think I want to drop anyone to add the dregs left. I'd be just OK without really having those extra 20-30 games from that position lol

I'm probably set with my roster, but as always would entertain trade ideas. Based on how last season finished and where I'm at again this year, I'll still be in the market for a closer.

Bumstead
03-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Bumstead

Adds: Eric Hosmer, Eric Young, Willin Rosario, Julio Borbon
Drops: Brad Penny, Mike Leake, James McDonald, Jon Jay

I'll take it.

Bum

AtomicDumpling
04-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Final Draft Results:
1.1) Joseph -- Bryce Harper
1.2) Redsfan320 -- Jorge Cantu
1.3) thatcoolguy_22 -- Mike Moustakas
1.4) Captain Hook -- Mike Trout
1.5) HayPay -- Julio Teheran
1.6) Tornon -- J.J. Putz
1.7) IowaRed -- Craig Kimbrel
1.8) reds1869 -- Tsuyoshi Nishioka
1.9) Vada Pinson Fan -- John Lackey
1.10) Bumstead -- Eric Hosmer
1.11) Brutus the Pimp -- Bud Norris
1.12) AtomicDumpling -- Wil Myers
2.1) Joseph -- Brent Morel
2.2) Redsfan320 -- Danny Valencia
2.3) thatcoolguy_22 -- Asdrubal Cabrera
2.4) Captain Hook -- Devin Mesoraco
2.5) HayPay -- Michael Pineda
2.6) Tornon -- Frank Francisco
2.7) IowaRed -- Brandon Belt
2.8) reds1869 -- Lonnie Chisenhall
2.9) Vada Pinson Fan -- Alfonso Soriano
2.10) Bumstead -- Eric Young
2.11) Brutus the Pimp -- Jordan Walden
2.12) AtomicDumpling -- Matt Moore
3.1) Joseph -- Javier Vazquez
3.2) Redsfan320 -- Ryan Doumit
3.3) thatcoolguy_22 -- Mitch Moreland
3.4) Captain Hook -- Shelby Miller
3.5) HayPay -- Chipper Jones
3.6) Tornon (pass)
3.7) IowaRed -- Mike Aviles
3.8) reds1869 -- Ryan Raburn
3.9) Vada Pinson Fan -- Brian Duensing
3.10) Bumstead -- Wilin Rosario
3.11) Brutus the Pimp -- James Shields
3.12) AtomicDumpling -- (pass for now)
4.1) Joseph -- (pass)
4.2) Redsfan320 -- Jeff Keppinger
4.3) thatcoolguy_22 (pass)
4.4) Captain Hook (pass)
4.5) HayPay -- Ryan Madson
4.6) Tornon -- Chone Figgins
4.7) IowaRed -- Brett Lawrie
4.8) reds1869 -- Mike Leake
4.9) Vada Pinson Fan (pass)
4.10) Bumstead (pass)
4.11) Brutus the Pimp -- Matt Joyce
4.12) AtomicDumpling (pass)
5.1) Joseph (pass)
5.2) Redsfan320 (pass)
5.3) thatcoolguy_22 (pass)
5.4) Captain Hook (pass)
5.5) HayPay -- Zach Britton
5.6) Tornon (pass)
5.7) IowaRed -- Juan Rivera
5.8) reds1869 (pass)
5.9) Vada Pinson Fan -- Carlos Ruiz
5.10) Bumstead -- Julio Borbon
5.11) Brutus the Pimp -- Miguel Tejada
5.12) AtomicDumpling (pass)

Captain Hook
04-10-2011, 11:41 PM
I just want to say how much I enjoy this particular league.The owners care despite the fact that there is no money on the line.I guess you could say that we are doing it for the love of the game.

As for as the current back and forth regarding the trade issues, I really hope these issues are resolved and all current members can continue to compete in this fantastic league.I for one am in favor of keeping things the way they are.If you feel a particular owner is making foolish trades then do your best to take advantage of that owner.There is no obligation to run our teams a certain way.Owners can play to win now or choose to build a winning team for the future.This is going to require some patience from owners going for it because sometimes their rivals are going to benefit from a owner leaning more toward building or just trying to get younger.There is also the issue of overpaying to fill a specific need.These things make this league as real as it gets.In real life trades with these intensions are made all the time.Debate and second guessing almost always follow(imagine that).I think the same thing happening here is really no problem but we do have to accept the rules we all agreed on.Debating the rules should be done in the offseason.

Good luck everyone!

Brutus
04-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Goodness, gracious. James Shields is making me lose my mind

When I saw Shields available in the draft, I jumped on it thinking it would be a steal. To this point, it has been.

The problem?

For the third consecutive time, I freakin' forgot to put him in the lineup.

26 IP, 2 ER, 28 K's, 4 BB's and just 14 hits allowed

In fairness, between computer problems and other stuff going on, I haven't been able to focus on my team like I would normally. But this is just getting absurd. I thought I had already gotten him in there yesterday in expectation of his start, and turns out, I didn't.

What a nightmare.

Captain Hook
05-01-2011, 12:02 AM

When I saw Shields available in the draft, I jumped on it thinking it would be a steal. To this point, it has been.

The problem?

In fairness, between computer problems and other stuff going on, I haven't been able to focus on my team like I would normally. But this is just getting absurd. I thought I had already gotten him in there yesterday in expectation of his start, and turns out, I didn't.

What a nightmare.

I noticed that today.I thought about offering you something for him since it doesn't look like you like to use him.:D

AtomicDumpling
05-01-2011, 01:08 AM

The problem?

What a nightmare.

Well if you had put him in your lineup he wouldn't have pitched so well. :p

Brutus
05-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Well if you had put him in your lineup he wouldn't have pitched so well. :p

That's arguably very true lol

Brutus
05-01-2011, 02:04 AM
I noticed that today.I thought about offering you something for him since it doesn't look like you like to use him.:D

Yeah despite how it looks, I'm not out of my mind... at least completely haha

AtomicDumpling
05-10-2011, 02:39 AM
May 9th Standings:

Rank Team R HR RBI SB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP Total
1 AtomicDumpling 12 11 12 11 10 11.5 12 10 9 6 104.5
2 IowaRed 4 9 11 7 11 5 11 8 10 10 86
3 Tornon 11 5.5 10 10 3 10 9.5 2 12 11 84
4 HayPay 10 3 7 5 9 11.5 6.5 12 8 7 79
5 Bumstead 3 5.5 1 3.5 12 9 4 11 11 12 72
6 CaptainHook 9 10 8 6 4 7.5 6.5 9 5 4 69
7 reds1869 8 2 3 12 5 5 9.5 7 6 8 65.5
8 Joseph 5 8 5 2 6 7.5 8 6 3 1 51.5
9 Brutus 2 12 6 1 2 5 1 5 7 9 50
10 thatcoolguy_22 6 4 4 8.5 8 1.5 3 3 4 5 47
11 VadaPinsonFan 7 7 9 3.5 7 3 5 1 1 2 45.5
12 mbgrayson 1 1 2 8.5 1 1.5 2 4 2 3 26

I posted them here so we can refer back later in the season for comparison.

reds1869
05-11-2011, 11:59 AM
My team needs to start hitting for power! The lack of HR and RBI is killing me right now. Of course, since half my team is injured I suppose that is to be expected. I'm still having a lot of fun so all is well.

Joseph
05-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Still like the youth on my team. Its not gonna be quick, but in time I think I'm loaded for bear. A month plus in and I'm better than where I ended last year, so hope to keep it going.

AtomicDumpling
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Still like the youth on my team. Its not gonna be quick, but in time I think I'm loaded for bear. A month plus in and I'm better than where I ended last year, so hope to keep it going.

Yeah I can see your strategy of going with a youth movement is starting to pay off. I just looked at your roster, you do have a lot of good young players.

AtomicDumpling
05-11-2011, 10:36 PM
My team needs to start hitting for power! The lack of HR and RBI is killing me right now. Of course, since half my team is injured I suppose that is to be expected. I'm still having a lot of fun so all is well.

Six players on the DL and two in the minors makes it tough to field a lineup on a daily basis.

Brutus
06-16-2011, 09:53 PM
What's the position eligibility requirement in a season? I thought it was five games, but the settings are not showing either way, and the player I thought would show up now as having his five (Pujols @ 3rd base) isn't showing up.

Tornon
06-17-2011, 12:39 PM
What's the position eligibility requirement in a season? I thought it was five games, but the settings are not showing either way, and the player I thought would show up now as having his five (Pujols @ 3rd base) isn't showing up.

I believe it is 5 starts at a position or 10 games appeared in

Brutus
06-17-2011, 01:21 PM

Thanks. Even by that, I believe he's started five games there (played in six). Now that I finally have Zimmerman back, I suppose it's not a huge deal if he doesn't get there, but I'd like to have that extra flexibility.

reds1869
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
I am beyond thrilled that Joe Mauer is back on the active roster. Losing his bat for so much of the season has really hurt my team.

AtomicDumpling
06-18-2011, 12:31 AM

Pujols should have 3B eligibility and Ackley will get 2B eligibility soon I hope.

AtomicDumpling
06-18-2011, 12:34 AM
I am beyond thrilled that Joe Mauer is back on the active roster. Losing his bat for so much of the season has really hurt my team.

Yeah I bet you are happy. It is tough to stay in contention when your superstars are hurt. Every team suffers injuries to key players but it definitely harms some teams more than others for awhile.

Now if I could get David Wright and Johan Santana back in action...

Brutus
06-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Pujols should have 3B eligibility and Ackley will get 2B eligibility soon I hope.

Please pass this along to Yahoo! so I can begin using him there when necessary lol

AtomicDumpling
06-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Please pass this along to Yahoo! so I can begin using him there when necessary lol

If you go to the Players tab, then click on Position Eligibility it will tell you how many more games a player needs to play at a position to gain eligibility there.

According to the chart Pujols needs one more start at 3B or 3 more appearances at 3B to gain eligibility.

Brutus
06-18-2011, 06:43 PM
If you go to the Players tab, then click on Position Eligibility it will tell you how many more games a player needs to play at a position to gain eligibility there.

According to the chart Pujols needs one more start at 3B or 3 more appearances at 3B to gain eligibility.

Thanks! I missed that somehow. I was looking for something along those lines and didn't see it.

reds1869
06-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Yeah I bet you are happy. It is tough to stay in contention when your superstars are hurt. Every team suffers injuries to key players but it definitely harms some teams more than others for awhile.

Now if I could get David Wright and Johan Santana back in action...

I am right there with you on Wright. I have him in another league where I'm having to play Jamey Carroll as my 3B. To top it off it is an auction league where he ate up a huge chunk of my budget.

mbgrayson
10-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Final 2011 Standings for League of Reds Nation:

1. IowaRed 99.5
2. Atomic Dumpling 92
3. Captain Hook 87.5
4. Bumstead 75.5
5. HayPay 74.5
6. reds1869 68
7. Tornon 66
8. Brutus the Pimp 55.5
9. mbgrayson 53
10. thatcoolguy_22 44
11. Joseph 37.5
12. Vada Pinson Fan 27

Last standings update: Thu Sep 29 03:13am MDT

Congrats IowaRed!

Joseph
10-06-2011, 07:07 PM
9 point improvement for me this year, but I really tailed off over the last six weeks.

thatcoolguy_22
10-08-2011, 09:23 AM
What was the conclusion with all of the voting and what not?

I missed the majority of it because I didn't have access to yahoo fantasy for most of Sept.

Increase in DL slots? ESPN? Are we losing players?

Expansion draft!!

Joseph
01-14-2012, 08:46 PM
What was the conclusion with all of the voting and what not?

I missed the majority of it because I didn't have access to yahoo fantasy for most of Sept.

Increase in DL slots? ESPN? Are we losing players?

Expansion draft!!

Good question, anyone got the answers?

Tornon
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
I believe we are staying with Yahoo. We did lose at least 2 players, but have gotten at least 1 person aligned as a replacement.

I'm not sure what the verdict was over the expanded DL slots

reds1869
01-17-2012, 06:28 PM
I can't wait for the new season. This has been a fun league.

AtomicDumpling
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM
We are sticking with Yahoo because that is what nearly everyone wanted to do. Yahoo should be opening up the baseball leagues soon, probably about two weeks from now. They usually open early in the second week of February.

The DL issue was tied at six votes for staying at 3 DL slots and six votes for moving to 6 DL slots. I will likely make an executive decision to compromise at 4 DL slots.

I don't think there will be any other rule changes. If Yahoo adds any extra features such as expanded roster sizes or minor league rosters we will likely decide to take advantage of them.

It looks like we will have two openings for new team owners. Replacement owners must be Redszone members and preferably have experience in fantasy baseball leagues. The replacements will NOT be chosen on a first-come-first-served basis. I will review the applicants and choose the best ones. I just want to make sure we get knowledgeable, mature, adult players that are active, pleasant, friendly and fun so they fit in well with the group of good players we have now. If anyone would like to join please let me know.

I will be sending each team owner a message sometime soon because I will need to know which 30 players you want to keep. It is possible to have more than 30 players on your team right now if you had guys on the DL at the end of the season (most people did), so I need to know which guys you want to drop.

Captain Hook
01-21-2012, 10:02 PM

x2

Looking forward to my email from AD.

AtomicDumpling
01-22-2012, 05:48 AM

I am excited too. This should be a very fun season, both for fantasy and for the Reds.

I have already been working on my strategy for the season. You guys better get cracking if you want to beat me. :D

I want my dang title back!

Plus Plus
01-30-2012, 12:20 PM
If a team opens up please let me know! Very interested in playing.

reds1869
02-09-2012, 08:38 PM
AD, I set my keepers over on the league site; please disregard my pm from earlier as I went a slightly different direction.

AtomicDumpling
02-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Please use the new thread I created for the 2012 season. Thanks!

(Mods, you can lock this one if possible)