PDA

View Full Version : 2011 RedsZone subscriptions: 20% off, @redszone.com email, no ads!

GIK
02-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Today, Boss and I have lowered the annual RedsZone subscription rate 20% to $24. This price will be in effect through Opening Day this year.

Those who choose to subscribe, primarily to remove forum advertisements, will also receive an "@redszone.com" email alias (if desired) for use as a RedsZone subscriber. This email can be accessed via a webmail platform or used to integrate within your existing email client (i.e. forward to your preferred email address).

If interested, please click HERE (http://www.redszone.com/forums/payments.php) (http://www.redszone.com/forums/payments.php).

Thanks,
GIK

Cuban_Missile
02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
I will most likely jump on this however have you ever thought about doing t-shirts or hats?

That way you could probably jump it up to 50$ for the year with an email address, no ads, and your very own redszone t-shirt.

Just an idea anyway I should be making payment this week.

Chip R
02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
I will most likely jump on this however have you ever thought about doing t-shirts or hats?

That way you could probably jump it up to 50$ for the year with an email address, no ads, and your very own redszone t-shirt.

Just an idea anyway I should be making payment this week.

We've actually made a couple of T-Shirts in the past for sale to anyone on here but that was several years ago.

Cuban_Missile
02-22-2011, 03:00 PM
We've actually made a couple of T-Shirts in the past for sale to anyone on here but that was several years ago.

I think it would be a cool idea to start it up again just because how cool would it be to buy these shirts and see people wearing them at the games?

edabbs44
02-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I think it would be a cool idea to start it up again just because how cool would it be to buy these shirts and see people wearing them at the games?

And you have your user ID/avatar on the back with your number of posts?

westofyou
02-22-2011, 04:29 PM
And you have your user ID/avatar on the back with your number of posts?

nah, that's on the front left breast, the back has the giant logo

Roy Tucker
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM

I still have mine.

westofyou
02-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I still have mine.

I have both of mine.

But I never wear any shirts that have words on them so I'll probably have it for quite some time.

KronoRed
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Mine sadly went the way of the rag bag due to wear, pieces of it still help wash windows.

GIK
02-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I've still got all 3, but the original centered front logo 'RedsZone' is nearing retirement. That one was done in, I think, 2001.

GAC
02-23-2011, 04:21 AM
I still have mine.

I wore mine out. I guess I should have used Tide. :p:

Would love to have another one too.

Also renewed my subscription. Thanks for all you do GIK and Boss!

edabbs44
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Quick question...what is more beneficial for the site? To pay or not pay and view the advertisements?

Boss-Hog
02-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Quick question...what is more beneficial for the site? To pay or not pay and view the advertisements?
Good question...we haven't crunched the numbers, but based on the current revenue the ads are generating, I would say subscribing is more beneficial. GIK can probably provide a more accurate assessment than I can.

GIK
02-23-2011, 03:55 PM

That question is very hard to answer and I really can't do so with any sort of certainty. The reason is that it's hard to quantify the loss of advertising revenue from a specific member.

Let's say someone subscribers who never hits an ad, then obviously that subscription means a lot to us. Now, if someone subscribes who views 10 ads a day, then it would probably be better for us if they didn't do so.

So, in summary, it's simply member-specific.

I will say that I have been very dissapointed with our subscription rate. Without the ads, we wouldn't be able to keep the site up and running.

NorrisHopper30
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Do you have to be in the ORG to do this? If you do this do you become a member of ORG?

Just curious.

GIK
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Subcriptions are independent of membership status. Thanks for the question.

UKFlounder
02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
I just subscribed and admit the discount is why I did. I know it's only a $6 difference, but I'm not sure if I would have paid the $30 fee. I'm sure there is some psychological phenomena going on there.

Maybe next year, announce that subscriptions are $100, but you will give a 70% discount. :)

Thanks for continuing to run this site. Even if I don't post often, I do lurk quite a bit.

Griffey012
02-27-2011, 11:21 PM
That question is very hard to answer and I really can't do so with any sort of certainty. The reason is that it's hard to quantify the loss of advertising revenue from a specific member.

Let's say someone subscribers who never hits an ad, then obviously that subscription means a lot to us. Now, if someone subscribes who views 10 ads a day, then it would probably be better for us if they didn't do so.

So, in summary, it's simply member-specific.

I will say that I have been very dissapointed with our subscription rate. Without the ads, we wouldn't be able to keep the site up and running.

Does the revenue come from the ads simply appearing, or is the revenue generated from people actually clicking on the ads?

If we have to actually click on the ads I will gladly take the extra few seconds to click on ads when I log onto RZ

Boss-Hog
02-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Does the revenue come from the ads simply appearing, or is the revenue generated from people actually clicking on the ads?
Both

GIK
03-03-2011, 12:19 PM
FYI

A few subcriptions processed today as a $30 auto renew (those who subscribed this time last year). For the first few weeks we had subcriptions up and running in 2010 they were all set to do this (renew anually). It was subsequently changed and is now a manual renewal process.

I'm actually going to refund all of them and allow each of you (who would like to) to renew for the lower rate of $24.

My apologies for all of the confusion.

GIK

GIK
03-29-2011, 10:21 PM
FYI: The currently reduced rate of $24 will be running for a few more days before moving back to $30. Thanks.