PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Basketball

Razor Shines
02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
I was shocked that I couldn't find a Louisville basketball thread.

Anyway, caught the end of that Pitt - Lou. game. How awesome would it have been if Pitt had hit a three to tie it after the male cheerleader got a tech?

Matt700wlw
02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
This guy

http://gif.mocksession.com/2011/02/cheerloser-gif/

BoxingRed
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I was shocked that I couldn't find a Louisville basketball thread.

Anyway, caught the end of that Pitt - Lou. game. How awesome would it have been if Pitt had hit a three to tie it after the male cheerleader got a tech?

First off, it would not have been awesome.:( Second, I feel bad for the guy. He got caught up in the moment. I think everyone but the refs thought the game was over. Hopefully, people in Louisville will realize it was just a dumb, but human, error and not give the guy too much grief.
Lastly, the only thing that makes me angry about the cheerleader thing is that is is taking away from the fact that they just beat a likely #1 seed.

Razor Shines
02-27-2011, 09:34 PM
First off, it would not have been awesome.:( Second, I feel bad for the guy. He got caught up in the moment. I think everyone but the refs thought the game was over. Hopefully, people in Louisville will realize it was just a dumb, but human, error and not give the guy too much grief.
Lastly, the only thing that makes me angry about the cheerleader thing is that is is taking away from the fact that they just beat a likely #1 seed.

I don't care if the game was over. He has no reason to touch the ball, ever.

I do agree that people aren't really talking about Louisville's win because of it. But it's really funny. It would have been even funnier to me if they had to go to a second OT.

Scrap Irony
02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
It would have been funny to see Pitino explode at the news conference, for sure.

Is Pitt really number one seed good? Is the Big East for real? After having watched that stinker, I'm not really certain.

WVRed
02-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm definitely for a NBA team in Louisville.

Oops, sorry, wrong Louisville thread. :)

On a more serious note, I kinda wonder how much flack would have been thrown if it had been a female cheerleader instead of a male.

BoxingRed
03-01-2011, 07:47 AM
It would have been funny to see Pitino explode at the news conference, for sure.

Is Pitt really number one seed good? Is the Big East for real? After having watched that stinker, I'm not really certain.

You mean the stinker where both teams played outstanding defense and made a guy pay every time he got near the rim?
The Big East may not always be pretty, but every win is earned.(Ok, maybe not DePaul but that is one of 16)
Right now the BE has 8 teams in the top 25 of the RPI. 3 more in the Top 51. How can that be overrated?

WVRed
03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
You mean the stinker where both teams played outstanding defense and made a guy pay every time he got near the rim?
The Big East may not always be pretty, but every win is earned.(Ok, maybe not DePaul but that is one of 16)
Right now the BE has 8 teams in the top 25 of the RPI. 3 more in the Top 51. How can that be overrated?

The Big East is hands down the most brutal conference and plays an extremely brutal tournament right before the NCAA. Once March Madness hits, those teams start dropping like flies, especially in the first week.

Look at last year:

First round exits:
Georgetown (3)
Notre Dame (6)
Louisville (9)

Second round exits:
Pitt (3)
Villanova (2)

Sweet Sixteen:
Syracuse (1)

Final Four:
West Virginia (2)

Overrated? Possibly. Victim of its own conference? That would be my guess.

bucksfan2
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
The Big East is hands down the most brutal conference and plays an extremely brutal tournament right before the NCAA. Once March Madness hits, those teams start dropping like flies, especially in the first week.

Look at last year:

First round exits:
Georgetown (3)
Notre Dame (6)
Louisville (9)

Second round exits:
Pitt (3)
Villanova (2)

Sweet Sixteen:
Syracuse (1)

Final Four:
West Virginia (2)

Overrated? Possibly. Victim of its own conference? That would be my guess.

The problem I see this year with the Big East is that there really isn't a great team. They don't have a OSU, Kansas or even Texas type team. They have good teams that will beat up on each other and wear each other down as the season goes along. They are a conference with historically great teams that have great coaches but since the merger they seem to under-perform in the NCAA Tournament.

FWIW I see the same thing playing out again as last year. They will get a record number of teams in the tournament but I have a feeling they will struggle to place a final four team.

BoxingRed
03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
The problem I see this year with the Big East is that there really isn't a great team. They don't have a OSU, Kansas or even Texas type team. They have good teams that will beat up on each other and wear each other down as the season goes along. They are a conference with historically great teams that have great coaches but since the merger they seem to under-perform in the NCAA Tournament.

FWIW I see the same thing playing out again as last year. They will get a record number of teams in the tournament but I have a feeling they will struggle to place a final four team.

How is 2 Final Four teams and 2 more Great 8's and a sweet 16 in 2009 under
performing? You guys have really high standards for your conferences.
Sure, since 2008 the SEC has had 1 Sweet Sixteen and 2 Great 8s, but who's counting?:p: I think the fallacy behind criticizing the BE's performance is that if other conferences got the same number of team's in, they might perform better.

On the other hand, I agree the the BE is brutal and that affects NCAA Tourney results. I think Pitt was a victim of winning the BE Tourney in 2008. You could see they had nothing left for the NCAA. Same might be said for Syracuse in 2009 even though they made the 16. They had an absolute battle to get to the BE finals.
I have also wondered if the BE isn't hampered in the NCAA by the fact that no one else plays their rough and tumble style. Maybe they get called for fouls they aren't used to getting called etc.?

Scrap Irony
03-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Those fouls are part of the reason I think the Big East could rightfully be considered overrated. Even poor teams can play great defense when fouling virtually every time down the court.

That's what I saw during most of the Louisville Pitt game this past weekend. Lots and lots of (uncalled) fouls, lots of missed shots.

If that's the best the BE has to offer, they won't put anyone in the Elite 8. For a team with 11 supposed NCAA teams, I'd call that overrated.

KYRedsFan
03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
One of the most exciting years I've ever had following my Cards. The Yum center has been rocking this year, and Pitino has done a hell of a coaching job. GO CARDS!!

mdccclxix
03-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Those fouls are part of the reason I think the Big East could rightfully be considered overrated. Even poor teams can play great defense when fouling virtually every time down the court.

That's what I saw during most of the Louisville Pitt game this past weekend. Lots and lots of (uncalled) fouls, lots of missed shots.

If that's the best the BE has to offer, they won't put anyone in the Elite 8. For a team with 11 supposed NCAA teams, I'd call that overrated.

I think of the BE as a conference full of 6 foot 7 inch 220 lb guys that can jump, shoot at little and dribble a little. Every one of those players thinks they're going to the NBA.

It is also a conference of great coaches, which levels the field because a great coach can win with mediocre players. It's a weird conference. I think it's fair to say it's overrated a bit. When facing NCAA teams with good coaches as well it's clear these teams BE are not as dominant as we're led to believe.

Personally, I don't care for most teams in the BE due to the all too common result - 58-56. Lot's of bad shooting. 1 or 2 over hyped blue chip players per team. One team gets hot from 3 and it usually results in the win. I prefer the Big 12 and Big 10 matchups I've seen this year. I think OSU and Kansas will go far.

joshnky
03-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Personally, I don't care for most teams in the BE due to the all too common result - 58-56. Lot's of bad shooting. 1 or 2 over hyped blue chip players per team. One team gets hot from 3 and it usually results in the win. I prefer the Big 12 and Big 10 matchups I've seen this year. I think OSU and Kansas will go far.

You must be watching too many Pitt and Georgetown games. Louisville, Notre Dame and St. Johns can score points in a hurry.

BTW, I do agree that the Big East may be overrated but who would you rate higher? College basketball is extremely down this year and outside of OSU and maybe Kansas, there are a ton of mediocre teams in that second tier.

BoxingRed
03-01-2011, 07:55 PM
You must be watching too many Pitt and Georgetown games. Louisville, Notre Dame and St. Johns can score points in a hurry.

BTW, I do agree that the Big East may be overrated but who would you rate higher? College basketball is extremely down this year and outside of OSU and maybe Kansas, there are a ton of mediocre teams in that second tier.

This.

Like I said, criticizing the depth of the BE implies there is something better out there. I don't think 11 BE teams deserve to be higher seeds than their opponents, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me that those teams don't belong in the tourney.

Glad to see a couple Cards fans post in a Cards thread.

Boston Red
03-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I've always hated Big East basketball. Those Georgetown/Syracuse games were always on Sunday afteroons on CBS back in the day and used to bore me to death. I loved it when Louisvillle was in the Metro and played a team from a different major conference (or at least a powerhouse team from outside the conferences) on national TV every weekend (Syracuse, Kansas, Georgia Tech, Michigan State, Ohio State, UCLA, NC State, Maryland, UNLV, DePaul and Notre Dame were pretty regularly in the rotation). Those were the best of times.

Unfortunately, football caused all the conference realignment and kind of ruined everything.

BoxingRed
03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Glad to see Preston! go out in style. Didn't get to see the game but I am looking forward to seeing the highlight of the no look flip to end the half.

For any Cards fan that aren't already in the know, CardChronicle.com is an outstanding fan run site. Often tongue-in-cheek but almost always insightful and informative, this fanpage/blog can be a bit off color on occasion, so hide your eyes if you are really sensitive.

WVRed
03-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Was at the WVU-Louisville game today. Louisville pretty much got screwed in the last 19 seconds.

I don't see Louisville making a big run in the NCAA tournament. The spread the court style offense Pitino has been using can work against some teams, but Louisville's lack of size (both inside and the guards) really showed today. When they get hot, they can score points in a hurry, but if you put them against a more physical team like WVU, its not going to help.

BoxingRed
03-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Was at the WVU-Louisville game today. Louisville pretty much got screwed in the last 19 seconds.

I don't see Louisville making a big run in the NCAA tournament. The spread the court style offense Pitino has been using can work against some teams, but Louisville's lack of size (both inside and the guards) really showed today. When they get hot, they can score points in a hurry, but if you put them against a more physical team like WVU, its not going to help.

It was a rough loss for sure. I think Preston fouled him at the end. Should it have been a no-call, maybe, but no one is going to get away unscathed by the refs in that arena.
The worse call was the out of bounds call. Just horrible.

I hear what you are saying about physical teams, but they beat Pitt and Syracuse and hung with Georgetown till the end. Let's not forget they had already beaten West Virginia.
Personally, I think losing by 2 points on some questionable calls on senior day at Morgantown is nothing to hang your head over.

Topcat
03-20-2011, 03:32 AM
I am so proud of the Cards and the season they provided us fans. Tough loss but the reality of it is ........... it happened and now as fans we move on and reflect on a truly special season that was viewed as a bridge year.:beerme:

WVRed
04-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Wondering what Louisville fans think of bringing back Little Ricky as Head Coach in Waiting? That is the rumor that is going around.

I'd be kinda ticked right now. Once Pitino does decide to hang it up, they have the ability to bring in a top coach. I could see Brad Stevens leaving Butler for Louisville even. Turning it over to Richard Pitino has Pat Knight written all over it IMO.

joshnky
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Wondering what Louisville fans think of bringing back Little Ricky as Head Coach in Waiting? That is the rumor that is going around.

I'd be kinda ticked right now. Once Pitino does decide to hang it up, they have the ability to bring in a top coach. I could see Brad Stevens leaving Butler for Louisville even. Turning it over to Richard Pitino has Pat Knight written all over it IMO.

No way it's true. Jurich is too good of an AD to make that type of commitment. And Louisville is too high profile for a first time head coach.

If he does come back as an assistant, I think it is the best possible move given the timing as a replacement for Masiello. With Willard considering retirement, Pitino needs someone who knows his system to prepare his scouting reports and Richard will fit that role nicely.

What might be happening is that both father and son are looking for a coach in waiting deal for Richard or at least a commitment that he'd be in the running to follow his dad. No way Jurich commits to anything more than allowing Richard to be in the running when the time comes.

Update: Jurich has denied this report "That's not the way I operate" (http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ericcrawford/2011/04/12/coach-in-waiting-wait-a-minute/)

WMR
04-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Richard Jr. would be a good fit as HC at UL.

WVRed
04-12-2011, 09:54 PM
No way it's true. Jurich is too good of an AD to make that type of commitment. And Louisville is too high profile for a first time head coach.

If he does come back as an assistant, I think it is the best possible move given the timing as a replacement for Masiello. With Willard considering retirement, Pitino needs someone who knows his system to prepare his scouting reports and Richard will fit that role nicely.

What might be happening is that both father and son are looking for a coach in waiting deal for Richard or at least a commitment that he'd be in the running to follow his dad. No way Jurich commits to anything more than allowing Richard to be in the running when the time comes.

Update: Jurich has denied this report "That's not the way I operate" (http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ericcrawford/2011/04/12/coach-in-waiting-wait-a-minute/)

Ok, that article makes a lot more sense. I think people read too much into that.

I think Brad Stevens will be at Louisville when Rick retires or even at Indiana if the fans get impatient with Tom Crean. I think Richard Pitino would make a good head coach, but he needs to get a start somewhere other than Louisville.

Say what you want about Rick Sr, but he has gotten young coaches into the league.

Boston Red
04-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Richard Jr. would be a good fit as HC at UL.

See, I think he would just be the ideal fit at UK. Him or Massiello.

WVRed
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, looks like the Nike experiment didn't last very long. Looks like Tim Fuller is headed to Missouri:

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ulfan/2011/04/13/turmoil-in-tim-fullers-departure/

I wonder if they will be able to hang onto Rodney Purvis.

joshnky
04-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Well, looks like the Nike experiment didn't last very long. Looks like Tim Fuller is headed to Missouri:

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ulfan/2011/04/13/turmoil-in-tim-fullers-departure/

I wonder if they will be able to hang onto Rodney Purvis.

Not good.

WMR
04-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Sounds like there's more to this Ricky Jr. as next UL coach than UL fans want to believe. Pitino runs that basketball program, not Jurich, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if there has been a 'behind the scenes' agreement but with all parties agreeing to keep quiet for a couple seasons so Ricky Jr. can "earn the job."

“Richard’s got an opportunity right now to go back to Louisville as the associate head coach with an opportunity to possibly be the coach-in-waiting there,” Donovan said.

“The situation at Louisville is really going to depend on how he feels about (being the coach-in-waiting), whether he wants to do something like that. I know it’s been talked about for him … How he feels about that is probably something he’ll talk to his dad and the A.D. about, but I know that’s something that has been talked about.”

If that has been discussed, it makes sense that Donovan would know about it. Louisville’s current head coach, Rick Pitino, is Richard’s father. Rick Pitino and Donovan have been close for more than two decades.

Donovan played for Rick Pitino at Providence, then coached under him at Kentucky.

The younger Pitino has never been a head coach, which would seem to make him an unusual choice for a program as prestigious as Louisville. He recently was considered for head-coaching jobs at Iona, Florida Gulf Coast and Missouri State, but was not offered the jobs.

Despite his age, he already has assembled a solid career. After one-year stints as an assistant at Northeastern and Duquesne, he spent two seasons at Louisville and the past two years at Florida.

“Richard’s very, very close to being a head coach,” Donovan said. “I think in today’s day and age, people say, ‘Wow, he’s really young,’ but Richard’s done it the right way … He’s worked his way up; he just wasn’t handed the Louisville job and the Florida job. He worked through it.

“It’s a matter of time before he’s going to have his opportunity to become a head coach. I think besides having a chance to go back to Louisville and be the head coach, the thing that was more important to him was having a chance to be reunited with his father and mother.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2011/04/12/billy-donovan-says-louisville-discussing-coach-in-waiting-arrangement-with-richard-pitino/

WVRed
04-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Not good.

Outside of possibly losing Purvis, I don't think Fuller has done all that much at Louisville. I'm just an outsider looking in, but Louisville already had Wayne Blackshear in the fold before Fuller and the only reason they landed Behanon was because Kentucky had Anthony Davis. I don't think you can credit Fuller for that. He had connections to Quincy Miller, but I don't think Louisville wanted to offer him and Deuce Bello, while it was pretty clear that they were a package deal.

So really, what has he done?

joshnky
04-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Outside of possibly losing Purvis, I don't think Fuller has done all that much at Louisville. I'm just an outsider looking in, but Louisville already had Wayne Blackshear in the fold before Fuller and the only reason they landed Behanon was because Kentucky had Anthony Davis. I don't think you can credit Fuller for that. He had connections to Quincy Miller, but I don't think Louisville wanted to offer him and Deuce Bello, while it was pretty clear that they were a package deal.

So really, what has he done?

He was only here for a year and landed Purvis and helped Louisville get on the list of several more recruits. What more can you expect in only a year's time? The 2011 class was set before he arrived but his impact has been felt on the 2012 class.

KYRedsFan
04-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Purvis will be a card and Rick Jr. will not be our next head coach. Move on.

ruREaDy2
04-16-2011, 11:09 AM

^^^^^This.^^^^^^

joshnky
04-16-2011, 11:22 AM

I won't guarantee Purvis until he signs but I agree with you on the second point.

WMR
04-16-2011, 03:32 PM

Just like Teague, huh?

No Fuller = Likely No Purvis

Ricky want his boy to have his job, and in the city of Louisville, Ricky gets what Ricky wants.

joshnky
04-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Ricky want his boy to have his job, and in the city of Louisville, Ricky gets what Ricky wants.

You're wrong on this. Pitino has never had the fan base completely on his side due to the fact that he has failed to meet expectations and his recent off court problems. Jurich, on the other hand, can do no wrong around here. He stumbled a little with the Kragthorpe hire but regained his status by bringing in Charlie Strong. Jurich has more clout than Pitino and more fan support. On top of that, none of the fans want Richard to be the next coach.

In reality, Pitino likely has 3-5 years left, so debating this now doesn't accomplish much.

WMR
04-16-2011, 03:45 PM
You're wrong on this. Pitino has never had the fan base completely on his side due to the fact that he has failed to meet expectations and his recent off court problems. Jurich, on the other hand, can do no wrong around here. He stumbled a little with the Kragthorpe hire but regained his status by bringing in Charlie Strong. Jurich has more clout than Pitino and more fan support. On top of that, none of the fans want Richard to be the next coach.

In reality, Pitino likely has 3-5 years left, so debating this now doesn't accomplish much.

If there isn't an agreement in place for Ricky Jr. to take over at UL in 3-5 years, then look for Rick to move jobs one more time before he hangs it up.

He's the "Associate Head Coach," right? :eek: We know what Billy D thinks and he's practically a son to Pitino as well.

joshnky
04-16-2011, 04:42 PM
If there isn't an agreement in place for Ricky Jr. to take over at UL in 3-5 years, then look for Rick to move jobs one more time before he hangs it up.

He's the "Associate Head Coach," right? :eek: We know what Billy D thinks and he's practically a son to Pitino as well.

He has the same position Masiello had before him. Everyone has denied this rumor and it's really a none issue. And if the program is in a similar place 3 years from now as it is today, Louisville fans won't mind if Rick leaves for another job.

I know you're a UK fan, but from a UofL fans point of view, none of this would make any sense at all. Jurich is not going to hire an unproven coach and I doubt Pitino would want his son to enter the hostile environment he would face following his father and dealing with an angry fan base. I fully expect Richard to follow the same path as Masiello and Kevin Willard before him and move on to a mid-major in the northeast before moving up to one of the lesser Big East schools like Willard did with Seton Hall. Pitino pulled the strings to pave the path for Kevin Willard and he'll pull the same strings for his son.

Actually, if he can achieve some success at Seton Hall, I think you could see Willard make a return trip to coach at Louisville. He wouldn't be the first choice but even UK didn't get their first choice.

WVRed
04-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I know you're a UK fan, but from a UofL fans point of view, none of this would make any sense at all. Jurich is not going to hire an unproven coach and I doubt Pitino would want his son to enter the hostile environment he would face following his father and dealing with an angry fan base.

I think its more wishful thinking by WMR than anything. :) I'm a UK fan but even I see the pitfalls of a Richard succession.

Richard Pitino=Pat Knight. Especially if he ever did coach at Louisville. The "good cop" compared to their fathers, but nowhere near the motivator or coach.

I think Richard Pitino could be a good coach, just not on a big stage, and definitely not right away.

As for Purvis, he has stated he is still committed to Louisville, but I'm with you in that i'll believe it when I see it.

WMR
04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
I think its more wishful thinking by WMR than anything. :) I'm a UK fan but even I see the pitfalls of a Richard succession.

Richard Pitino=Pat Knight. Especially if he ever did coach at Louisville. The "good cop" compared to their fathers, but nowhere near the motivator or coach.

I think Richard Pitino could be a good coach, just not on a big stage, and definitely not right away.

As for Purvis, he has stated he is still committed to Louisville, but I'm with you in that i'll believe it when I see it.

Just wait till it happens. :D

Pitino the Puppet Master pulling the strings in his Godfather suit... ;)

WVRed
04-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Just wait till it happens. :D

Pitino the Puppet Master pulling the strings in his Godfather suit... ;)

You mean this suit? :)

http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2009/08/rick-pitino-kings-thumb-580x326-6862.jpg

KYRedsFan
04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Just like Teague, huh?

No Fuller = Likely No Purvis

Thanks, run along to any of your UK threads any time.

WMR
04-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Top 100 kid Negus Webster-Chan decommitted from UL today. Card fan reaction?

Will he follow Fuller to Mizzou?

This has got to increase Cardinal fan nervousness concerning Purvis just a tad...

joshnky
04-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Top 100 kid Negus Webster-Chan decommitted from UL today. Card fan reaction?

Will he follow Fuller to Mizzou?

This has got to increase Cardinal fan nervousness concerning Purvis just a tad...

Webster-Chan decomitted because of Lieberman not Fuller. Lieberman was reassigned to operation manager and apparently Webster-Chan wasn't happy about that change. Not a huge loss.

As I said before, recruiting is so fluid that I don't count on the recruits much until they sign. Given the immense turnover at UofL they're going to lose some recruits and pick up some new recruits. Hopefully, they keep Fuller but I won't be surprised if he decommits. I remember when everyone was upset over Michael Chandler decommitting a couple years ago. Now, he has gone from top five prospect to top 100 and UCF. On the other end, Anthony Davis went from nowhere to number one prospect in a year, so you really can't sweat the details until they get closer to signing day.

In related news, Tony Woods, everyone's favorite thug, is threatening to look around unless UofL gives him a scholarship. Apparently, when he said that he wanted to walk on and put in the hard work to rebuild his career and image that was only if he couldn't find anything better.

WMR
04-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the insight into Negus.

What do you want UL to do w/ Woods? What do you think Pitino WILL do? Will he cave? I guess Woods has found another team that has guaranteed him a scholly...

joshnky
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the insight into Negus.

What do you want UL to do w/ Woods? What do you think Pitino WILL do? Will he cave? I guess Woods has found another team that has guaranteed him a scholly...

Woods didn't play much at Wake Forest and will be buried on the bench next year behind Jennings, Dieng, and Van Treese. Given that the scholarship situation is already very tight, I'd rather not give one to a character risk who won't even see the floor much over the next two years. Given all of that I don't think Pitino will offer him. I'm not even sure where the scholarship would come from, although seeing how they were pursuing Kevin Ware they must feel that they have one available.

WMR
05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
I expected it, but not this quickly... Rodney Purvis decommitted today.

Word is Duke, NC State, and my Wildcats will be after him now...

WMR
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
dp

WVRed
05-02-2011, 11:19 AM
I expected it, but not this quickly... Rodney Purvis decommitted today.

Word is Duke, NC State, and my Wildcats will be after him now...

I kinda wonder if UK's sudden interest in Ryan Harrow combined with Fuller leaving triggered the decommitment. You have to think Cal will be all in for Purvis now, given he is the best PG for 2012.

The Kentucky-Louisville game would be at the Yum Center. Would definitely be interesting to see the fans reaction if he goes to Kentucky.

WVRed
08-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Thought this deserved a bump.

Cal is hosting a second exhibition game for the Dominican team with the UK Legends, this time in Louisville at the Yum Center. It's also been reported that Cal has extended an offer to Denny Crum to be an honorary coach for the game.

This can't sit well with Louisville fans, can it?

joshnky
08-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Thought this deserved a bump.

Cal is hosting a second exhibition game for the Dominican team with the UK Legends, this time in Louisville at the Yum Center. It's also been reported that Cal has extended an offer to Denny Crum to be an honorary coach for the game.

This can't sit well with Louisville fans, can it?

It doesn't with some but I couldn't care less.

WMR
11-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Do you guys think there's anything to the notion that the way Pitino is practicing these guys is leading to a disproportionate number of injuries?

Scrap Irony
11-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Nope.

I think it's bad luck.

dabvu2498
11-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Right. He's always done that. For better or worse.

Captain13
12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Cards are rolling along, 8-0, Buckles is back. It could be a super fun ride the rest of the way. Go Cards.

Topcat
12-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Cards are rolling along, 8-0, Buckles is back. It could be a super fun ride the rest of the way. Go Cards.

The Ville is solid and has great depth. I kinda love that compared to 1 and done's :thumbup:

joshnky
12-21-2011, 05:56 AM
The Ville is solid and has great depth. I kinda love that compared to 1 and done's :thumbup:

I'm as big a Louisville fan as any but what depth are you talking about? We played 7 players last night with more than 2 minutes and Kuric and Dieng never rest. We have depth at the 2 and the 4 and not much else.

Captain13
12-28-2011, 10:36 AM
The season starts tonight. The cupcakes are gone and all that's left is Big East play (and one game against big brother). Go Cards!!!

WMR
12-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Give me talent over "experience" all day long. ;)

Ohayou
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Pitino might as well submit his letter of resignation now. :laugh:

ervinsm84
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
This team makes no sense to me at all.

WVRed
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Louisville First.....

WMR
01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I couldn't believe they got absolutely trucked like that versus Providence... I have talked to a couple UL fans who believe there are some serious divisions/chemistry issues in the locker room. Rick's recruiting is the real culprit, IMHO.

fearofpopvol1
03-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm excited because the 2 teams have refused to play each other on neutral courts, when it would be an enormous event each year.

I know it's not all Kentucky fans (or maybe it is?), but boy, do a lot of them sure think they are better than Louisville!

Edit for neutral

Scrap Irony
03-27-2012, 07:05 PM
They play each year and have for more than 25 years.

In fact, no one on either team is old enough to remember a time when they didn't play.

fearofpopvol1
03-27-2012, 07:17 PM
They play each year and have for more than 25 years.

In fact, no one on either team is old enough to remember a time when they didn't play.

Good catch. I meant to say on a neutral court. Not that there is anything wrong with alternating home sites, I just find the games to be more interesting on neutral courts. I wish IU and Kentucky would continue to play each other, but on neutral courts as well.

dabvu2498
03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Good catch. I meant to say on a neutral court. Not that there is anything wrong with alternating home sites, I just find the games to be more interesting on neutral courts. I wish IU and Kentucky would continue to play each other, but on neutral courts as well.

So you'd have to take a game between two teams from the state of KY outside the state of KY? (There's no other venue in the state anywhere near worthy of a game of that magnitude.)