PDA

View Full Version : DTrain

SidneySlicker
03-09-2011, 11:55 AM
This guy is making an awful hard decision for the Reds brass. Looking at how Dontrelle has done this spring, 0 era and 6 strikeouts in 5 innings while the opponents are batting .111 off of him this spring. If he can keep it up I think they'd be nuts not to bring him north.

AintlifeGrande
03-09-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree,a proven vet who has been there.Albeit a rocky one.

SidneySlicker
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Agreed. Despite how well the bullpen performed last year in the regular season, in the post season their inexperience shown through. If Willis can continue to pitch well, it would be invaluable to have someone in the pen who has not only pitched in a world series, but helped win one. I'd love it.

bounty37h
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
There are few other players I would like to see be successfull this season, I just like watching this kid play ball, and he seems to enjoy it. I hope he can regain his former stuff and make the squad and have a heck of a year!!!

Grouse
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Bill Bray got shelled on tv monday. I could see DW taking his spot,,, It wouldn't suprise me anyway.

OGB
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
My preference is generally towards relievers who are veterans, so it'd be nice to have his experience in the 'pen.
He's also a guy that is capable of giving them several innings if the need arises. If you have more than one guy in your relief corp that can go 3-4 that can really be key if you have 2 bad starts in a row. When you're bullpen gets overworked in back to back games it can throw everything off for a week or more.

davereds24
03-09-2011, 06:47 PM
My preference is generally towards relievers who are veterans, so it'd be nice to have his experience in the 'pen.
He's also a guy that is capable of giving them several innings if the need arises. If you have more than one guy in your relief corp that can go 3-4 that can really be key if you have 2 bad starts in a row. When you're bullpen gets overworked in back to back games it can throw everything off for a week or more.

agreed on all points :beerme:

UPRedsFan
03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
And in the meantime Arredondo doesn't look quite ready yet with his control issues. Sounds like he needs a couple months in the minors.

Does mean our bullpen includes:

FC
NM
AC
LO
BB
Dtrain
Burton

Who am I missing? I suppose Leake or Maloney, but they probably go to AAA for work. If Bray doesn't get it together, Maloney could replace him.

Parliament
03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
And in the meantime Arredondo doesn't look quite ready yet with his control issues. Sounds like he needs a couple months in the minors.

Does mean our bullpen includes:

FC
NM
AC
LO
BB
Dtrain
Burton

Who am I missing? I suppose Leake or Maloney, but they probably go to AAA for work. If Bray doesn't get it together, Maloney could replace him.

I hope DRH makes the team. I know he got beat on his fastball at times last season but I love watching him make batters look silly with the screwball

Eric the Red
03-09-2011, 09:59 PM
I hope DRH makes the team. I know he got beat on his fastball at times last season but I love watching him make batters look silly with the screwball

While I think Herrera is a nice story given his size and velocity, Willis' production so far indicate to me he will make the 25-man roster and as such a spot on the 40-man will need to be created. The guy who goes to create a spot for Willis is either Herrera or Carlos Fisher in my opinion. It would likely beneift Herrera's career if he were cut, the odds of him pitching for the Reds in the future look dim given the depth of young talented pitchers the organization has accumulated.

wlf WV
03-10-2011, 04:05 AM
Lots of spring left.Options again, might come into play.