PDA

View Full Version : Volquez

wlf WV
03-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Fay says he was still not visible today.I'm sure this is annoying to Reds brass,and I don't understand.It seems irresponsible to me in the first place.Sorry if I infringed upon the other Volquez thread,I hadn't read all the posts in it.

bounty37h
03-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Fay says he was still not visible today.I'm sure this is annoying to Reds brass,and I don't understand.It seems irresponsible to me in the first place.Sorry if I infringed upon the other Volquez thread,I hadn't read all the posts in it.

irresponsible? You know this part is not in his control right?

brm7675
03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
To me it doesn't matter he should not be pitching opening day...

Old NDN
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Volquez has been a professional baseball player long enough to know the ropes. There have been other Latin players in the past who have had "visa problems" to work out. I'm sure he could draw on some of their experiences to help him out, if he wanted to. I suspect there's more to this story than the general public knows. If he's bagging it, maybe some time in Lousville would help with the attitude. The Reds definitely don't need the distraction. I hope I'm wrong.

Captain13
03-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Volquez has been a professional baseball player long enough to know the ropes. There have been other Latin players in the past who have had "visa problems" to work out. I'm sure he could draw on some of their experiences to help him out, if he wanted to. I suspect there's more to this story than the general public knows. If he's bagging it, maybe some time in Lousville would help with the attitude. The Reds definitely don't need the distraction. I hope I'm wrong.

He's not "bagging it". His issues surround his failed test; it's not a big secret. It's also not a big secret that any time you are dealing with government red-tape, everything takes longer than it should.

bounty37h
03-10-2011, 05:06 PM
It has been stated in many articles that the hold up is due to his failed test last year and issues around that.

UPRedsFan
03-10-2011, 06:50 PM
The irresponsibility may be the fault of the Red's Administrative people.

Didn't they predict this potential problem? Could they have planned in advance to make it smoother process?

wlf WV
03-10-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't know why this was a last minute problem.It seems irresponsible to me somewhere.I don't know all the facts,I may completely out of line .If so,I apologize,but I bet it will not happen again.As stated,the responsibility may line within Reds organization.Are visa problems a concern for MLB teams?

Krawhitham
03-20-2011, 07:33 PM
This Spring
4.2 inn
6 ER
7 BB
5 K
11.57 ERA

texasdave
03-20-2011, 07:34 PM
This Spring
4.2 inn
6 ER
7 BB
5 K
11.57 ERA

I think he is ready for Opening Day. LOL.

NeilHamburger
03-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Between Volquez and Leake looking beyond terrible (so much so that "it's just spring training" doesn't really fly) and Cueto's injury I'm very concerned about the rotation going into this year. Oh well, only thing left is to see if things turn around when they add the third deck and the results count. But, I'm certainly more worried then I was in mid-February about this teams chances.

R_Webb18
03-21-2011, 01:29 AM
i think some people worry to much.