PDA

View Full Version : rate the trade

TRF
03-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I was thinking we should have a rate the trade thread. Just quote the trade, give it a thumbs up or down and a short paragraph on why if you want. I'll go first. I was just offered Wandy and Ian Kennedy for Zack Greinke which i accepted.

Redsfan320
03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
I'll throw mine in. I get: Freddie Freeman and Logan Morrison for Andrew McCutchen. I accepted.

Tornon
03-23-2011, 03:09 PM
I'll give a thumbs up on the first one, although it appears to me to be a fairly even trade

The second one I give a thumbs down, especially if it isn't a keeper type league. I think McCutchen will be a top 50 player at least

Redsfan320
03-23-2011, 03:18 PM
In context, my trade looks a lot better. For one, it is a keeper league. Secondly, I had a very large OF surplus (McCutchen, Choo, Jackson, Bourn, DeJesus, Abreu, Carter). Thirdly, I was pretty weak at 1B (Jorge Cantu).

TRF
03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
its not a contest, just thought we could keep the rate this trade threads to a minimum.

I thought long on mine and decided that since ZG is likely missing at least the first month It's a good move. especially if Ian Kennedy improves on last year.

Homer Bailey
03-23-2011, 04:56 PM
TRF, I would not have done yours simply because I typically try to acquire injured pitchers in hopes that my team is in shape by playoff push. I don't worry much about the first month of the season. Just my style.

320, I've never done a keeper, my opinion would be worthless.

I just got offered Tulo for Votto. 10 team mixed league, and I have Yunel Escobar starting at 1B. If I trade Votto, I can slide Dunn and/or Butler to 1B, and this takes care of my SS problem.

Team would be:
Napoli
Dunn
Pedroia
Tulo
Beltre
Butler
Stubbs
Rios
Rasmus
Ortiz

Tornon
03-23-2011, 05:06 PM
TRF, I would not have done yours simply because I typically try to acquire injured pitchers in hopes that my team is in shape by playoff push. I don't worry much about the first month of the season. Just my style.

320, I've never done a keeper, my opinion would be worthless.

I just got offered Tulo for Votto. 10 team mixed league, and I have Yunel Escobar starting at 1B. If I trade Votto, I can slide Dunn and/or Butler to 1B, and this takes care of my SS problem.

Team would be:
Napoli
Dunn
Pedroia
Tulo
Beltre
Butler
Stubbs
Rios
Rasmus
Ortiz

If it were me I'd jump all over that, especially because you'd still have a near-elite 1B to replace Votto

TRF
03-24-2011, 09:41 AM
I'd do the Tulo for Votto trade as well.

Redsnake
03-24-2011, 03:37 PM
I'd do the Tulo for Votto trade as well.

Agree!