PDA

View Full Version : Rolen Leaves Game Early

texasdave
03-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Scott Rolen got hit in the left elbow in the first and then leaves the game in the third. Rumors have it he was having trouble gripping the bat and so was pinch-hit for by Juan Francisco. Awaiting announcement of the ever-popular day-to-day prognosis.

TheBigLebowski
03-24-2011, 06:39 PM
awesome

Sean_CaseyRules
03-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Jim Day said nothing was wrong, but take that for what it's worth, I dunno how to feel about it. I hope he's alright, but him joking as he came down into the dugout, makes me feel a little easier.

bounty37h
03-25-2011, 09:59 AM
We really need a reliable backup plan/replacement for Rolen, love him on this team and hope he can make a full season of it, but not banking on it.

Jefferson24
03-25-2011, 12:17 PM
We really need a reliable backup plan/replacement for Rolen, love him on this team and hope he can make a full season of it, but not banking on it.

I wouldn't bank on it either. I would really be surprised if he puts up numbers like he did last year even considering he tailed off towards the end. A suitable replacement would be a nice option, Cairo in my opinion is not suitable.

Red in Atl
03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Francisco is the future at 3rd. He will get a lot more playing time this year. He may not start the season in Cincy, but this is his year to break through. You heard it here first : ).

Krawhitham
03-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Man Rolen had a really bad day. 2 errors on back-to-back plays then he was hit and had to leave the game

With Rolen's bad back I think we will see a lot more errors from him this season. Enough errors that Francisco will not look like much of a downgrade on D.

If they can get Francisco can stop chasing bad pitches he could become a real force this season

bounty37h
03-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Francisco is the future at 3rd. He will get a lot more playing time this year. He may not start the season in Cincy, but this is his year to break through. You heard it here first : ).

^Thats what worries me, we already had EE at 3'rd.