PDA

View Full Version : Hermida or Lewis?

HitByPitch
03-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Who is better defensively? IIRC Hermida has stated that he is most comfortable in RF. The games that I have watched this spring they have both looked a little rough. Lewis is a good athlete, but he really didn't look good in LF yesterday.

bshall2105
03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't thin k it matters. If Hermida can't play left he is of no value to this team.

mu4103
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Hermida was swinging well early. Lewis has speed (which is valuable coming off the bench). I really don't like either at this point. My guess would be that Lewis gets the job based on speed. He is in the starting line-up today. I don't know if the Reds are trying to do a final evaluation or what. I believe he is playing RF. I hope he doesn't hop Heisey in the depth chart as I think Heisey is the better player at all 3 OF positions. My guess is Lewis.

Are the Reds deep enough to go with a four man OF w/ Francisco and call up Sappelt if there are troubles or injuries? I would say no and go with Lewis because of his past performance and speed. I don't think he would be a downgrade from Gomes. Now if Bruce goes down - then Hermida would have been a better fit, but Heisey can play right.

HitByPitch
03-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Hermida was swinging well early. Lewis has speed (which is valuable coming off the bench). I really don't like either at this point. My guess would be that Lewis gets the job based on speed. He is in the starting line-up today. I don't know if the Reds are trying to do a final evaluation or what. I believe he is playing RF. I hope he doesn't hop Heisey in the depth chart as I think Heisey is the better player at all 3 OF positions. My guess is Lewis.

Are the Reds deep enough to go with a four man OF w/ Francisco and call up Sappelt if there are troubles or injuries? I would say no and go with Lewis because of his past performance and speed. I don't think he would be a downgrade from Gomes. Now if Bruce goes down - then Hermida would have been a better fit, but Heisey can play right.

Agreed that Heisey is a better choice at all 3 OF positions...

TheOnlyRedsFan
03-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Are the Reds planning anything OF-wise for Yonder?

I prefer Lewis to Hermida but like they said above, I hope they dont affect Heisey at all.