PDA

View Full Version : Dayton Preview Part 6: Outfielders

redsof72
03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Outfield preview

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110329&content_id=17179216&vkey=news_t459&fext=.jsp&sid=t459

OnBaseMachine
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for posting that, 72. According to that article, Juan Duran is a likely candidate to be the starting LFer or RFer on Opening Night for the Dragons. I'm hoping that's true. I thought the Reds may keep him in extended spring training but I'd like to see him in Dayton. I couldn't believe how good he looked at the plate against far more advanced pitchers when I saw him on TV a few weeks ago, plus I've read from a few other people that he's impressing this spring. Hopefully he's impressed the Reds enough for them to start him in Dayton. He's one of my picks to have a breakout season.

mace
03-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Another thorough review. Thanks, 72.

It appears that Siera is probably underrated on this board. I knew he had switched from 2B to the outfield but didn't realize he was such an outstanding center fielder. The Dayton team could have a whole lot of speed--especially if Bowe is also involved (not to mention Hamilton, of course, and also Yorman).

lollipopcurve
03-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Nice piece. Didn't realize the OFs were jamming up like that in A ball. Sounds like some will have to be cast aside. I'm surprised Satterwhite is considered a potential starter in Bakersfield. Don't know if Jaren Matthews should be getting regular ABs, but he seems to have upside.